Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Cakes...

Have any of you used Creative Memories or Hot Chocolate for your cakes ??? They are both in Hurst . We are going to a tasting to both of them this week but thought I would check the boards for some information first, you all are great !

Re: Cakes...

• Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MIL went to a wedding a couple months ago where Hot Chocolates did the cake and she said the cake was good and it looked great. That's all I can tell you though haha! I do know someone here is using Creative Memories so they should pipe in :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we use creative memories A LOT.  i was thinking of using one of these vendors for my cakes too.  my fiance and i are going to the cake testing for creative memories on sunday.  just a warning about them though...their books are a little out dated compared to hot chocolates.  their brides cakes start at $2.50 so something to keep in mind.  pina colada is my favorite from them.  :)
  • Options
    lovinlife2009lovinlife2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I am going to Creative Memories too ....and thanks for the price info ! If I remember correctly Hot Chocolate starts at 3.50 a slice ....
  • Options
    mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't use either, but I've had hot chocolate's cakes and they are really good! Have fun at your tasting! You might check out Texas Star Bakery too!
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely check out Texas Star Bakery if you are looking for someone in Hurst. I used them for my wedding and the cakes were delicious and looked great. The price was pretty good too.
  • Options
    Buttercup509Buttercup509 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hot Chocolates did the cakes for our wedding and they were delicious.  They also gave me the best price.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend used Hot Chocolates for her small at-home wedding and they were very inexpensive.We tasted their cakes and thought they were satisfactory, and good like a good 'homemade' tasting cake, but it didn't trip our 'wedding cake OOH AHH" button!Try the Cake Guys, as we found them to be amazing!Good luck - lauren 5/31/09
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards