Snarky Brides
Options

Saturday?

Are you all still sleeping??

It's super sunny here, and I want to go soak up the fresh air, except it's like 20 degrees. ha.  I need to do some cleaning today, if I ever get off the couch.  I have lunch plans with a realy good friend (who I've managed to not tell yet!) so that should be fun. :)  Then we're watching the fights tonight.

What's everyone else up to?

Re: Saturday?

• Options
    I am awake-ish.  I have a killer cold. It started yesterday at around 1pm and hasn't realy stopped getting worse. I just took a daytime pill and am hoping it will make me at least somewhat productive today. But I think the gym is a no go, which makes me sad since I actually enjoy going. I also don't think I am going to make it to the DMV to get my name changed but I can do it on Thursday. I waited this long to change it, four more days won't make a difference. 
  • Options
    Hi. I feel like I have a massive hangover. My head is killing me.  I'm camped out on the couch with water and crackers.  This sucks, especially since I didn't even drink last night.  I'd at least like to have some fun if I'm going to feel like this.  

• Options
    Morning!  I just need to AW for a moment.  I walked over 14,000 steps yesterday and over six miles!  My goal is 10,000 steps a day and five miles.  I'm so stinkin' proud of myself! And I lost 2.4lbs. this week which makes me feel really good about myself.  I haven't felt this good in so long =).

Today I need to go to Sephora and get a eye pencil sharpener.  I've been having to stick a Q-tip through the back of the pencil to push the stuff up (I know...).  I wasn't sure I'd like the actual pencil style (it's a tarina tarintino) and I really love it so I figured I get a nice sharpener. 

Also, I think I might make this today.

Have a great day, ladies!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Congrats, Shay!  That mirror looks awesome
  • Options
    Morning!

We slept in, DH was jet lagged. I'm getting ready to go get my hair done. And DH may meet me for a pedi, if I can get us an appointment. My feet are awful. And they use a beltsander on his. :)

Have a good day ladies!

BTW- its snowing again here!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks Pirate!

The mirror seems pretty easy to make, so hopefully it'll be a pretty painless project ha.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Congrats, Shay! :)

Pirate- I freaking hate that.  That used to be me when I'd have like 2 beers or a ton of pasta.  It all finally clicked. Now it's just me every morning. haha  I hope you feel better soon!  Get some orange or lemon drops (not the medicine ones even).. those always helped me for some reason. 

Edie- yup! We've been friends for 20+ years. She was my first friend when I moved to WI in preschool. I wanted to tell her in person, and it's been killing me.  I've been avoiding her online and stuff. haha She's in law school, too, so we don't get to see each other very often. 

We're going to Outback, and I'm already drooling thinking about a huge salad and steak. yum freaking yum.
  • Options
    Good Morning!

Feel better Number!

I'm reorganizing my bathroom closet today.  It's become a just shove it in mess and I have some cute baskets now to put everything in and make it spiffy neat.

My niece is coming over this afternoon to play for a few hours while her mom runs errands and we'll probably eat popcorn and watch a movie while I work on my art projects.
  • Options
    Hey ladies!

Today is the start of my 7 day straight work week.  I'm getting overtime to be in a video tomorrow at work, so that will be nice.

I also want to say that the NC DMV royally pisses me off.  I had such an awful experience there yesterday.  Changing your license from a different state shouldn't be this big of a PITA.

Steph-  I know I probably just missed it.... but why the name change?
  • Options
    b- changing my license to MN from WI was more of a PITA than changing my name after we got married. 

SN? meh. I've wanted to for awhile.  Then I couldn't get my location out on TB, so I switched it.
  • Options
    SHay, I saw your fitbit status this morning. Way to go! Hopefully I can go on a long walk this afternoon and get the rest of my steps for this week. I'm lagging.

Sparky is up and we had breakfast (bananas and oatmeal) and I tried unsuccessfully to get him to nap. Now he's bouncing in his jumper thing and having a good ol time. 

We are going to Cracker Barrel for lunch today with a friend of mine who I haven't seen since he was born. She's a really good friend, but her son gets sick often and we just haven't found time to get together when both the boys are well. The restaurant was her choice. We'll see how I do, but I can always give half my food to sparky and let him smear it all around on the high chair (we bring our own booster). Maybe that will help with portion control. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_saturday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:50af59e4-f72b-42cd-bc4d-ddfaf7535e04Post:bdab7a06-010c-4732-9cf7-81ca78796373">Re: Saturday?</a>:
    [QUOTE]b- changing my license to MN from WI was more of a PITA than changing my name after we got married.  SN? meh. I've wanted to for awhile.  Then I couldn't get my location out on TB, so I switched it.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

<div>Ah.  I've considered switching mine too but people on here already barely know who I am.  It seems even more counterproductive in the end.</div>
  • Options
    Morning ladies! I've been up for a bit, but was cuddling with my pups. We don't really have anything special planned for this weekend. We terminated our contract on the house, and our 10K is still sitting in Escro, which really blows because the sellers say our reasoning for wanting to pull out isn't a valid one. So, we can't look for anything else until we get our money back because we don't have 10K just lying around. I just wish something would go smoothly for  us these days. 

Steph, I was going to ask the same question about the new SN. I was waiting for a juicy banning story...lol

Numbers, I hope you feel better. 

Shay, that is awesome!
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
  • Options
    Have any of y'all ordered photo prints online?  I'm trying to get some 8x10s or 11x14s printed for H to hang in his office at work and Kodak Gallery is driving me crazy.  Where do you use?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_saturday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:50af59e4-f72b-42cd-bc4d-ddfaf7535e04Post:5641f0a4-2b1f-4319-ad10-e99178c1d29a">Re: Saturday?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies! Today is the start of my 7 day straight work week.  I'm getting overtime to be in a video tomorrow at work, so that will be nice. I also want to say that the NC DMV royally pisses me off.  I had such an awful experience there yesterday.  Changing your license from a different state shouldn't be this big of a PITA. Steph-  I know I probably just missed it.... but why the name change?
    Posted by bltata[/QUOTE]

<div>Did you just move to NC?  I changed my license from MD to NC and didn't have any problems.  I did fail the written test the first time though.  A lot of the questions were really nitpicky, and there's also a lot of questions about statistics (like what % of accidents are caused by drunk drivers, etc), and I didn't study that stuff because I didn't think it would be on the exam.  The second time, I was more prepared on what to study from the manual and didn't miss a single question. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_saturday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:50af59e4-f72b-42cd-bc4d-ddfaf7535e04Post:e5d6b9b7-3897-4026-a6a8-5eb05aff6fd3">Re: Saturday?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday? : Did you just move to NC?  I changed my license from MD to NC and didn't have any problems.  I did fail the written test the first time though.  A lot of the questions were really nitpicky, and there's also a lot of questions about statistics (like what % of accidents are caused by drunk drivers, etc), and I didn't study that stuff because I didn't think it would be on the exam.  The second time, I was more prepared on what to study from the manual and didn't miss a single question. 
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Yeah LP, I just moved down here.  The insurance laws are different in MI than in NC and I'm letting the insurance that's already paid for run out before transferring it.  I'm listed as a secondary on the vehicle I'm currently driving while K is deployed, so my name isn't on the slip and they refused to let me renew my license until it was.  Just a lot of ridiculous hoops to jump through.

</div>
  • Options
    Thanks Sarah! I went on an hour long walk around campus during lunch yesterday just to get out of the office. It felt so good so I think I'll start doing that. Also, when I go to CB I always get an egg white on sourdough bread with turkey sausage. It's more calories than it'd be if I'd made it at home but it's way better than the country fried steak that I'd love to have ha ha.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Target does pretty good prints, but only up to 8x10, and you can pick them up in the store same day. (one hour usually.)  I haven't ordered anything bigger than that in awhile, other than our canvas wrap wedding prints.  

Costco does them too, for super cheap. 

Denise- sorry :( Hopefully you'll get your money back soon! The whole thing just sounds like such a freaking mess. 

Duds- yay for new washer and dryer!!
  • Options
    I heard good things about mpix for prints.

Denise -- do you have a realtor?  Could he/she help you get the money back out of escrow?  One of my friends in real estate told me that if you complain that the floors of the house aren't completely level that's an almost iron-clad way of getting out of a deal.
  • Options
    Also, good morning!  

Pirate, I hope you feel better!

Steph, that's so exciting that you get to tell your friend today! Have fun and eat some Aussie Fries for me at Outback!

Shay, congrats on the steps! 14.000 is a lot, that's awesome.

I was out last night until 1 am, which I haven't done in a  loooooong time.  We went to the local Deaf Night Out and it was so much fun.  We met some really cool new people.  A friend met us at our house and we carpooled there, and since it was so late when we got back she just stayed overnight.  I made us eggs and toast this morning, then she just left to go home.  Overall, great weekend so far! And one of the couples that we met last night are coming over for the Pro Bowl tomorrow, so that should be fun.  I'm excited to have a new "couple friend". 
  • Options
    bl- you have to have proof of registration/insurance for your driver's license?? That's weird. Here, we have to have proof of insurance before we can renew a car registration... but they don't care if you have a car when you get your DL. 

Random question. How do I clean the screen on my MacBook? Can I use the spray for eyeglasses?? It's driving me crazy.
  • Options
    pssht, LP. I'm not wasting one of my sides on fries.  I'm all about the ginormous sweet potato.. and salad. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_saturday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:50af59e4-f72b-42cd-bc4d-ddfaf7535e04Post:d911d996-c831-4a2f-968c-1406c4d25738">Re: Saturday?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saturday? : Yeah LP, I just moved down here.  The insurance laws are different in MI than in NC and I'm letting the insurance that's already paid for run out before transferring it.  I'm listed as a secondary on the vehicle I'm currently driving while K is deployed, so my name isn't on the slip and they refused to let me renew my license until it was.  Just a lot of ridiculous hoops to jump through.
    Posted by bltata[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ugh yeah that does suck then :( Our insurance from MD was pretty easy to transfer, so we were lucky.  I hope you got everything worked out!

</div>
  • Options
    Mornin, newb :) Hey do you know if the fights are on cable tonight? We won't be ale to watch if they are on PPV.

Today I'm off to get my hair trimmed (it needs it badly) and shop for a new bra. I hate shopping. I finished grading all 18 stories last night so today all I have to do is grade last week's assignment then I can play. Play = work on my books.

I'm also going to attempt the treadmill, but I still have a nasty cough and get tired easily so we'll see how that goes.

Oh, and last night someone stole my brother's license plate. Doucher.
  • Options
    Morning" I slept late today and it felt so good. Im jist doing some cleaning and then I have to work tonight. If I get out early enough I might head over to my good friends surprise 30th. I have not seen her in months and I miss her.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Yeah Steph-  The insurance issue is what has me so annoyed with the whole situation.  I have several friends that moved down here within the last few years and only the most recent can remember the insurance thing even being an issue.  
  • Options
    Steph I was JUST wondering about how to clean my MacBook screen too! It's so dirty but I'm afraid to use the wrong thing on it. 
  • Options
    Sesh- they're all free.... some on facebook, some FX/Fuel, and the main cards are on Fox. They're doing another round like that on free (or just cable) channels to round up interest.

ETA: nevermind, see this link.  The prelims are all on Fuel (including our friend! Who picked up a last-minute spot for someone who's out on injury.) Then Fox for the main card. 
  • Options
    Blue- the girl who used to be your best friend? Either way, hopefully you get off in time to stop by :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_saturday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:50af59e4-f72b-42cd-bc4d-ddfaf7535e04Post:0d5cbf7c-a4eb-4d23-95cd-3c363a671534">Re: Saturday?</a>:
    [QUOTE] Denise -- do you have a realtor?  Could he/she help you get the money back out of escrow?  One of my friends in real estate told me that if you complain that the floors of the house aren't completely level that's an almost iron-clad way of getting out of a deal.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]
    Our realtor has come to be a douche. We do have an attorney and my sister is an attorney, but lives in CA and she is going to try and help us out in any way. Our realtor works for Weichert and the sellers' realtor also works for Weichert. He told us when buying this house that he could basically tell their relator anything that we disclose to him because it is the same company, but if they used another company he could not. We kinda feel like he was trying to bully us into taking this house and told our attorney and their realtor that it doesn't look that bad. Are you fvcking kidding me??? There is now a huge 7ft mound in the back of the yard which used to be level, and we were told would be about 3ft high. He also told us that if the sellers put in the new system that we wouldn't be binded into the contract because they have to fix it no matter what. He is denying that he ever said that to us. It is just frustrating because everyone is being shady and lying now, and H is saying well we should lie too. I just don't have it in me to lie. They are also saying that they wouldn't let us out of the contract at first because they could've worked with another buyer on the development and construction of the system, which is utter BS because when we spoke with the contractor, any suggestion we gave, they said they couldn't do because it had to be the exact way they are doing it. 
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards