Snarky Brides
Options

WWYD (news related)

saw this on GMA a few minutes ago... A police officer is overwhelmed by a suspect and out of nowhere a woman pulls over and helps take the suspect down. The video is so scary but so so crazy at the same time.

What would you do? I don't know if I would have ever dreamed of jumping into something like that! insanity!

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my book shelf:
Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

Re: WWYD (news related)

• Options
    Honestly, I don't know that I would have pulled over to help. On the road, at night, I would have called 911 to tell them what was happening, but not stop. I'm chicken and if a guy is beating up a cop, I doubt he'd hesitate to turn on me.

But if I was passing by on the sidewalk or something, with other people around? I probably would have done something. I was at a restaurant once and a guy attacked my grandfather as he was walking out the door (long story). He was on top of him and I had already walked out, so I kicked the guy 4 or 5 times in the head until he let go. Something like that, I have no problem helping out.
  • Options
    Damn, Sesh, you're awesome.

I'd like to say I'd help, too, but I'm tiny. I wouldn't be very effective. I'd call 911.

Although I will say, when my aunts were assulted (beat up with a baseball bat when they caught someone robbing their house) there were a bunch of people around, men included, and no one did anything but call the cops, and it took them 10 minutes to get there. In that case, SOMEONE should have done SOMETHING.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Holy crap, SEWF. Were they okay?

Looking back on it, the whole event was insane. The guy (drunk) was trying to gouge out my grandpa's eyes. No one else was helping, or wasn't able to get out the door because the guy was blocking it, so it was either defend him or stand back and do nothing.
  • Options
    I'd do it, probably. I'm an idiot who can't stand back, though. It will probably kill me one day, but I will help someone if I think I can. Now, if the guy was shoot at the cop then I'd run for cover. But seeing how he was just beating on him, I would probably jump in and at least distract the dude long enough for the cop to get up.
  • Options
    Holy crap Sesh that's scary.

As far as what this woman did, I'd like to think I would have stopped, but part of me says I probably would have called 911. That guy is an idiot for fighting with the cop. I wonder if they'll pull anything up in his background that would explain why he did that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wwyd-news-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:54dadfa9-da27-46bc-b281-5588f2fbbaa6Post:485dfd8e-f3f1-4b1a-ba69-b5b0917e5a0b">Re: WWYD (news related)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sesh, you're awesome. Yeah, nobody effs with my Grandpa. If someone tries, I won't even hold back. Someone is gonna get hurt and I know it's not gonna be me. I hate angry drunk people who's out to pick a fight with anybody.
    Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this guy was mad because my grandpa asked him (nicely) if he could blow the cigar smoke the other way, because it was bothering my brother (we were there first, but there were no other open tables). He got mad and deliberately blew smoke at our table, so we left.

The whole thing ended with him trying to bite off my stepdad's thumb. Nice guy, huh?
  • Options
    I'm always up in other people bidness so it wouldn't surprise me to find myself one day in the middle of a brawl between a suspect and a police officer.  Afterwards I'm always like "WTF, why did I just do that???"  but at the time I'm all "Oh HELL NO YOU DIDN'T someone hold my weave *leap into fray*"

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_wwyd-news-related?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:54dadfa9-da27-46bc-b281-5588f2fbbaa6Post:3f70f9af-cf5d-4fe0-83a0-6d5a0ea3e2a4">Re: WWYD (news related)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm always up in other people bidness so it wouldn't surprise me to find myself one day in the middle of a brawl between a suspect and a police officer.  Afterwards I'm always like "WTF, why did I just do that???"  but at the time I'm all "Oh HELL NO YOU DIDN'T someone hold my weave *leap into fray*"
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

Can I just ditto this and add hold my glasses. I would probably get into the middle of it without thinking too.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    This is why I want to learn the art of knife throwing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    That's crazy that she jumped in like that.  I would have called 911 and not gotten involved.  I wish I was Wonder Woman so I can protect people and not worry about getting hurt.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards