Snarky Brides
Options

Celles (and Raynes?)

I'm not sure if you do WW, Raynes, I just saw you mentioned it below.

How do you guys feel about the "new" plan?  I'm just going in and figuring it out online, and so far it's a pain because I have to change all my quick added things.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.

Re: Celles (and Raynes?)

• Options
    I'm not on the program, nor have I ever been, but mom is is/was.  I just know/think about it from GIS. 

From what I've read (only a little) the new program seems to be better, IMO, what with the emphasis on getting actual quality food (like including enough protein) as opposed to just keeping within your points.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How is the food? I kind of want Mike to do it, not really to lose weight but he is terrible with sticking to healthy food in general. Portions ready to go might be good for him.
  • Options
    Hey! I just realized I'm still signed up for my e-Tools from the work session I did. Crap, I bet I was charged.

Mind sharing with me quickly what the differences are? Maybe I'll try it out again.
  • Options
    How much is it? I really only need to lose max 15-20lbs.
  • Options
    That's awesome, J&K!  Congrats!  Is your FI doing WW with you?  It's really nice to have someone to partner with to keep you accountable and motivated. 

I hope it's that effective for me.  I started too late to have a snowball's chance of reaching my goal weight before the wedding, but if I could just come down another 20 lbs., I know I'd feel a lot better about myself. 
  • Options
    Meg, the frozen WW meals are ok.  THey have some really, really good recipes though.  So far I haven't tried any I don't like! 

Steph, they've switched from using cals, fat, and fiber to calculate points to using fat, fiber, carbs, and protein.  They've switched all fruits to 0 points.  They've given you more options for using your activity points.

Any, the online was (I don't know if it's changed with the program change) running a special for $65 for three months.  Normally there's a start up fee and then it's $19 a month, so you saved about one month's worth with their "deal".

• Options
    I'm just going to throw this out there as a great way to not only drop inches but gain boat loads of confidence...... weight lifting.   Specifically a full body free weight program like that found in the New Rules of Lifting for Women. 
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_celles-raynes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:579d4718-5b39-4328-9965-5849837630bdPost:6c871c5e-9ecc-4003-97c6-09cf209408c0">Re: Celles (and Raynes?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's awesome, J&K!  Congrats!  Is your FI doing WW with you?  It's really nice to have someone to partner with to keep you accountable and motivated.  I hope it's that effective for me.  I started too late to have a snowball's chance of reaching my goal weight before the wedding, but if I could just come down another 20 lbs., I know I'd feel a lot better about myself. 
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Thanks :)  He is doing it with me, it was his idea.  I was a little resistant at first because I felt like I already knew HOW to lose weight, I just was being lazy and not motivated.  I felt like I'd be wasting my money.  But I really wanted to support him.  I'm glad I did it!  He's lost almost 20 lbs already.  I'm SO proud of him. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_celles-raynes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:579d4718-5b39-4328-9965-5849837630bdPost:3e031922-f727-4713-8255-6410974f9447">Re: Celles (and Raynes?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Meg, the frozen WW meals are ok.  THey have some really, really good recipes though.  So far I haven't tried any I don't like!  Steph, they've switched from using cals, fat, and fiber to calculate points to using fat, fiber, carbs, and protein.  They've switched all fruits to 0 points.  They've given you more options for using your activity points. Any, the online was (I don't know if it's changed with the program change) running a special for $65 for three months.  Normally there's a start up fee and then it's $19 a month, so you saved about one month's worth with their "deal".
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

Blah. I think I'd rather buy a set of weights.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_celles-raynes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:579d4718-5b39-4328-9965-5849837630bdPost:1878658f-460a-4736-9ea4-1a7ab9e923eb">Re: Celles (and Raynes?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm just going to throw this out there as a great way to not only drop inches but gain boat loads of confidence...... weight lifting.   Specifically a full body free weight program like that found in the New Rules of Lifting for Women. 
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

I have that!  I used to lift a lot more but I've dropped my gym membership to save money so I do what I can at home.  It's not nearly as effective, but it helps keep me as strong as I can for when I can get back to it.

• Options
    M&M -- WW is more of a tracking system.  There are a few WW branded foods out there (like the SmartOnes frozen dinners), but it's not really the type of diet where the food comes prepackaged and ready to go.  It's more about using the WW tools to manage effective meal planning and portion control with grocery and restaurant foods.

I think Jenny Craig is more along the lines of what you're thinking.  A lot of the Jenny food is really, surprisingly good.  It's expensive, though.  A single frozen meal can cost $6 - $7, and that's on top of program fees. 

Any -- I think WW Online is running $18/mo USD now.  It might be a little less per month if you commit to a specific contract length.  You can also do it on your own if you have an iPhone or Droid, using an app like WWDiary.  You'll miss out on the meal planning tools and community support, so going it alone may be better for veterans of the program rather than relative newcomers. 
  • Options
    Hm. I like that. It always bugged me they didn't use protein at all... and I agree, J&K- I thought the activity points should be used in the same day you earn them.

Maybe I'll try again. I think there's another session starting up at work in January. They reimburse us the $189 if we miss less than 3 classes in 16 weeks.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_celles-raynes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:579d4718-5b39-4328-9965-5849837630bdPost:9554045c-6dd1-4928-8508-a6d9b6a05695">Re: Celles (and Raynes?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hm. I like that. It always bugged me they didn't use protein at all... and I agree, J&K- I thought the activity points should be used in the same day you earn them. Maybe I'll try again. I think there's another session starting up at work in January. They reimburse us the $189 if we miss less than 3 classes in 16 weeks.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Nice!  That's good motivation to go, too.  Though I see I change my activity points settings in my plan manager, so if it's been an option to use them daily this whole time, I feel dumb and irritated that I didn't know that sooner :-p

• Options
    oooh I get it now Celles! Thanks! Jenny might be a good idea...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_celles-raynes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:579d4718-5b39-4328-9965-5849837630bdPost:39234356-abed-4f6a-95b6-6d61fe24a5d1">Re: Celles (and Raynes?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]J&K - do you guys go to the meetings or are you just doing it online?  And that's awesome that you & FI have both lost some weight.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Just online.  I don't weigh myself in front of people.  Ha!

And thanks!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_celles-raynes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:579d4718-5b39-4328-9965-5849837630bdPost:f71f7218-108f-4560-8c6c-283a53f82212">Re: Celles (and Raynes?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celles (and Raynes?) : Just online.  I don't weigh myself in front of people.  Ha! And thanks!
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't either. Which is exactly why I'm glad I have to do it for that week's attendance to count ;) haha</div><div>
    </div><div>Also, I totally didn't know I could screw with my activity points either.</div><div>
    </div><div>I wonder how people will react to the new system? Like the ladies who have been doing WW for 10+ years. Or can you choose to stay on the old way?</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_celles-raynes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:579d4718-5b39-4328-9965-5849837630bdPost:cf4ac90f-a864-4fb4-b572-9ae9f6213186">Re: Celles (and Raynes?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Celles (and Raynes?) : I knew they weighed you -- but do they seriously weigh you in front of people??  Hells no.  I signed up for the online thing a few months ago and used it like 3 times.  I suck at accountability.  And I'm sure my subscription is expired now anyway.  Boo.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

<div>OH yeah. I should have clarified.  One other person saw my weight, the person who was 'working' for our WW group.  So the same lady every week saw my weight, but no one else. They were good, at least in my meeting, about covering the scale and stuff too.</div>
  • Options
    Oh, yeah, it's not really in front of everyone, but one person is enough for me to not want to!

You can't stick with the old way unless you want to look up the calculation (which is on wikipedia, ha) and do it all yourself.

• Options
    I've been planning to start WW again soon, but now I have to learn a new points system?  Is it difficult to get used to?
  • Options
    I personally think its a great change, because I always thought it was rather silly that it was based more on fiber than carb content (fiber alone =/= carbs) so I think this way will be more effective.  A pain in the beginning but well worth it probably in the long run. People will have more rounded diets, im sure.

I remember whatsherface (super annoying) on GIS a while back who all she ate was carbs but because somehow the point levels were low she felt she was doing everything right, yet frustrated she wasnt losing as fast. That might have also been because she was a tool though.
  • Options
    Wait, is the WW app for Droid free?  Now I'm annoyed I didn't know that two months ago.  I should check that out.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_celles-raynes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:579d4718-5b39-4328-9965-5849837630bdPost:f6896cb5-e581-41b8-9ef3-a689f99fefda">Re: Celles (and Raynes?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I personally think its a great change, because I always thought it was rather silly that it was based more on fiber than carb content (fiber alone =/= carbs) so I think this way will be more effective.  A pain in the beginning but well worth it probably in the long run. People will have more rounded diets, im sure. I remember whatsherface (super annoying) on GIS a while back who all she ate was carbs but because somehow the point levels were low she felt she was doing everything right, yet frustrated she wasnt losing as fast. That might have also been because she was a tool though.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Oh I totally agree.  It's just a pain in the butt to get used to the point values changing :)

Kim, the WWDiary that Celles (I think) mentioned is free, but it's not an actual WW app.  It gives the points and lets you track but it's not affiliated with WW.

• Options
    Ooh.  Well, it would definitely be a step in the right direction if it could help me figure out the point system.
  • Options
    I haven't done WW in ages so I don't remember all of my favorite food points.  I hope it won't be too difficult to get back in the swing of things.
  • Options

All I remember from the last time round is that a grilled cheese kid's meal from Sonic is 12 points.  That was my vegetarian-friendly, WW-friendly fast food fix for years!

• Options
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_celles-raynes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:579d4718-5b39-4328-9965-5849837630bdPost:36d60f44-0ad6-4a73-948c-1b0d1e315857">Re: Celles (and Raynes?)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ooh.  Well, it would definitely be a step in the right direction if it could help me figure out the point system.
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]

<div>I'd be surprised if those apps were updated to the new point system though :(  I used "Calorie Counter" for awhile when I was doing WW... I'm not sure how long it will take for their systems to be updated.  Especially if they don't store all of the nutritional info for each food. I think they only showed fat, fiber, calories... but maybe they had it all stored in the background!</div><div>
    </div><div>If not, I'm sure a new app will pop up quickly :)<span style="white-space:pre;" class="Apple-tab-span"> </span></div><div><span style="white-space:pre;" class="Apple-tab-span">
    </span></div><div><span style="white-space:pre;" class="Apple-tab-span">E</span>TA: the actual calculation for the point system is insanely long.  However, you can just google "Big Mac WW points" and find all of the info rather easily.  Again, it's probably outdated though.</div>
  • Options

Dotti's Weight Loss Zone

This site is (used to be) awesome for restaurant points.  It hasn't been updated for the new system though.  *fingers crossed* that it gets a refresh soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards