Snarky Brides
Options

It's Thursday...

Good Morning Ladies...

How is everyone this lovely Thursday? I am excited because I feel like the end of the week is almost here and that is never a bad thing. I am not looking forward to running my first 10k race in the RAIN on Sunday...I am still praying that the weather will change...

I have nothing of any interest going on today. It's just Thursday. And I am hoping Grey's is new.

Re: It's Thursday...

• Options
    Good Morning!

I'll be getting off work around 1pm today, so I'm happy about that. The Mercedes-Benz Corporate Run 5K is this afternoon/evening in downtown Miami, so they don't want that to hamper our commute home. I still have to fold the flag at a military funeral at 3pm, but that's at a funeral home near my house, so that's better than being in the office.

I fell asleep with my contacts in last night (something I never, ever do) so now my eyeballs are all goopy and milky feeling. I'm thinking about taking them out and rubbing some solution on them here in a few minutes.

No jaw clenching in my sleep last night, woohoo! I did have weird dreams about these terrible floods and I was trapped on this wooden platform out in the woods and was all Survivalist Mehgan about it. I feel like I didn't sleep at all haha.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Today should be good.  My co-workers are throwing a Pampered Chef joint bridal shower for me and another girl at work. we were going to have it out on our patio.  We'll have to move it now though because we have a mallard who has decided to lay her eggs in one of our planters.  It's pretty damn cute.  We'll have baby ducklings in about 3 weeks.

Have a good day, one and all.
  • Options
    Good morning!  Thank goodness it's almost Friday!  So, can I AW my H for a minute? Yesterday he got home from work and do you want to know what that sweet man told me?  He said that he tried really hard to get reservations on Saturday to my favorite restaurant (which was also our rehearsal dinner place) for Saturday, our 6 month wedding anniversary (I know you're all gagging lol).  I was like, "What?? awww that's so sweet!!"  Unfortunately he couldn't reservations because it's graduation this weekend at the university and they were booked Friday and Saturday.  Boooo, but it was so sweet of him to try to get in there.  =)

Not  much going on today.  I'm going to make today my off day from the gym because yesterday's workout was exhausting so I will be going home and relaxing all evening.  Have a great day everyone!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Adam got paid today and im MEGA confused -- Hes only been there a few months so were just getting used to things, his benefits withdrawl doesnt seem to come out on every pay (??, has come out once, in nearly 3 months) and the rrsp contributions we set up through his work because they match havnt come out at all, even though it has been 2 pays since it was approved and set up. I dont really get it at all and I dont like not knowing wtf he might be getting paid on any given week. He is too lazy to call and demand answers too, and they wont talk to me, which just adds to my frustrations :(

Money pisses me off. and Im running late this morning. I should already be done my breakfast by now, and im only just starting it :(
  • Options

Awww that's so sweet of him, Shay.

BK - baby ducks are pretty much the cutest things ever. I used to raise them on my family farm when I was a kid. I had one duck that thought he was a chicken because we got hiim right around the same time we got a bunch of baby chicks, so they grew up together. He'd waddle around with the flock of chickens but about 8-10 inches taller than all of them, going "Quack - BOCK!". So cute.

Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Good morning I guess. I am resigning myself to the fact that I'll never have a good night's sleep again. Now I have to pee 4 times a night and Sparky wakes up and flip flops every time. Later he'll be vocalizing all night long. The days of good sleep are over, and it makes me sad, but I guess I should learn to deal now. 

Oh, and I will be kind of MIA for a while because I have shittons of work to do between now and Aug 6 (end of our audit) and even more reading to do for birthing classes once I get home. Plus, my boss is shadowing me tomorrow. I have a feeling she will be really bored, as I don't talk or do much during the day that requires interaction. I'll just be closing the month.. exhilerating!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Nebb, you sound just like me. I checked Will's pay this morning, because last month, his Admin tech (not in my office - otherwise they'd be so dead right now) fucked up his pay royally. They had gone into our pay system to start paying him his deployment allowances, but instead, they just deleted him out of the system entirely. So, after checking in on it this morning, I noticed that in doing so, they halted all of his allotments that pay our rent and go into savings. Yet another month where our apartment complex thinks we're shitbags for not paying our rent correctly, when really, it was his pay person's fault for being such a nimrod at their job.

I do the same fucking job and have never in my career done something this idiotic. Our job is NOT that hard. We have manuals and instructions that dictate every single procedure we do. The hardest part of our job is knowing which manual or instruction to look into to find the directions to do our daily tasks. A monkey that can push CTRL + F can do that.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Morning all!

As some of you saw on FB last night, I dropped a 45lb plate on my foot during my workout last night.  Ouchie.  I shall AW my gruesome pictures in their own thread.  They're just that awesome.

So, my plans for yesterday were changed a bit.

Today, BIL's GF moves in.  Here's to the next 8 months FLYING by!

We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ouchie!!

And good luck with BIL's GF moving in. Having family live with you can be really, really hard. My little brother lived with me and my exH for six months back in 2008, and it was rough. My friend's SIL has been staying with her and her H for the past 5 months, will be moving out next month, and I hear her frustrations everyday about how she leaves dirty dishes in her room, expects her to cook dinner every night (like, if my friend doesn't cook, then her SIL waits around for my friend to cook), how she has parties on weeknights with all these guys jumping in their pool, how she'll cook stuff and then leave it in the fridge for weeks and refuse to wash the dish, etc etc.

Have you set out ground rules as far as household responsibilities go?

Sorry, not trying to be nosy or bossy, it's just such a sticky situation when family moves in.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Good morning, ladies.
    Baby ducks - I want one BK.
    Raynes, that looks like it really hurts.  I hope it's better soon.
    Yes, Sarah, you won't sleep well for a long, long time.  When Sparky is little he will be up during the night, and early in the morning.  When he's older you will be listenening with one ear all night for him to come home.  It's over.

I got up to pee, thinking it was 1 or 2 am, but the alarm went off 5 minutes later.  I really didn't want to get up.

Have a great day, everyone!
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    megh, she's a pretty calm character.  We had my brother and BIL BOTH living with us for a summer (my bro for 4 months, BIL for 2.5 months) the year before we got married, and it did get a bit interesting, but that was 2 boys.  We're going to have to have a sit down tonight or soon to figure things out.  If anything, I'm hoping that having her at the house will help make ME a better house keeper, 'cause I suck at that.

Derek lived with his BFF and his wife (parents of the triplets) for at least a year.  They called him "Dupree" because they were newly married and, well, that movie had just come out.  We sort of feel the need to pay it forward, and it's only for 8 months, so, we'll deal.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ouch, raynes!  I just saw your thread, that looks like it hurts like a beast!

And good luck with having you're BILs GF living there.  H and I were just talking about how difficult it can be living with someone that isn't your spouse/children. His brother and SIL had his mom live with them for over a year.  I truly don't know how they did it.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Worst commute of life today. The wind is insane and there's shiit everywhere! I narrowly missed being whacked by a flying lawn chair on my way to the car. I look like Medusa!

Aside from that, thank F it's Thursday. I have a huge client meeting tomorrow with a major cosmetics company that I'm looking forward to. They always bring swag. :)
  • Options
    Good morning ladies!

No class this morning! Thank goodness. But instead I get to go have my transmission fluid flushed. Yay! *grumble*
  • Options
    Ladies, don't forget: Mother's Day is just over a week away (May 8th). I just got my mom some Philosophy Lilac body wash and Amazing Grace bath kit from Sephora. My sisters usually do the flowers and such, so I figured this would be kind of different.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_its-thursday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5841b455-4707-4e6f-9ad9-6722211623b3Post:4672aef8-41f0-47b8-8f83-d8d4b9a7f453">Re: It's Thursday...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ladies, don't forget: Mother's Day is just over a week away (May 8th). I just got my mom some Philosophy Lilac body wash and Amazing Grace bath kit from Sephora. My sisters usually do the flowers and such, so I figured this would be kind of different.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

Oh dear, that's right. I really need to figure something out for my mom. I like the idea of picking something up at Sephora...they have some cool stuff.
  • Options

Morning ladies, I got to sleep in this morning, sorta. The wind here is wicked, yesterday DH was home when we lost a limb from one of our large trees, this morning we have another down, and my birdhouse is demolished.

I will say, thats nothing compared to what is going on in AL. So sorry for those folks down there. T&P's.

Today I have to go to work late, because I have to go to an event with the marketing exec, lots of food.

BK-I love duckies, we have a "couple" that come and stay in the stream behind our house and then they walk towards the neighbors house, I cant figure out where they are nesting.
    Raynes- Hope you foot gets well soon!

• Options
    Thanks for the reminder Mehg! My mom's bday is that week too so my remembering is doubly important!

Morning lovelies!
    Hope everyone is keeping safe in all these storms :/ eek!

It's my last day of practicum today and I have one more assignment to turn in, and then I'm officially a senior! Woo!
  • Options
    Good morning. Sounds like most of us didn't sleep well. Coffee anyone?

My lovely cat Havoc (see sig) decided to wake me up at 3am by meowing outside the bedroom door. Her sister Terror decided to join the fun around 4:30 ish.

I'm not looking forward to this weekend. I have a "yay we're married party" to attend Saturday (it was a DW) and a bridal shower to attend on Sunday. I'm guessing there will be major awkwardness at the shower, because I was a bridesmaid, but chose to step down for personal reasons. (Bride was fine with my decision, I gave plenty of notice).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hiiii!  Tonight is the Giant's Draft party and I am SO EXCITED.

Right now, my neighbor (a 76-year old man with serious MR who has the mind of a 6-year old) is doing his usual routine of playing the harmonica (same song always) and screaming.

Other than that, nothing is new in my world.  Hope you have good days! 
  • Options

Good morning ladies. I am happy to be back at work(weird I know) I've been out sick the past few days. All looks good now.

• Options
    Good morning. Finals start tomorrow. So I'll be studying all day when I'm not procrastinating here. The UPS man just came. I opened the package and it's the flour sifter from our registry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards