Snarky Brides

Sunday mornin

Anyone else awake yet? H and I 'slept in' until 7:30 (we usually get up at 5.)  Thankfully, the pups didn't destroy the basement.  I'm now sitting here reading PostSecret and eating a bowl of Resee's Puffs. (Delicious by the way.)

Any fun plans for the day? Anyone want to share their meal plans for the week?

Re: Sunday mornin

• Good morning, ladies.

I'm just having some coffee and reading PostSecret too.  We're hiking this morning with friends, and then I've got to clean this house.  It's awful

I made these dog cookies yesterday - with pumpkin and brown rice flour.  Nala loves them. 
    http://simmertilldone.com/2009/10/07/retriever-retriever-pumpkin-eater/

imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Reeses Puffs were my favorite for a long time.  But I didn't like them with milk, just dry (but I'm not a milk and cereal person anyway).

I'm eating TJ's milk chocolate PB cups for breakfast.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Just woke up at my dad's...sleeping in was lovely. Eating food all day yesterday was tasty but I am going to pay for it. One of the realtors we might sign with has been sending me properties in our price range and sent me an awesome listing but of course we are here, six hours away, not there going to see it. I figure if it sells quickly it wasn't meant to be. If it is still on the market when we go home I want to go see it. It would be perfect for us.
  • Yay, numbers! House hunting is so exciting :)

Les, I just pinned those. I've been wanting to try out some homemade dog treats, and I love the idea of using pumpkin, since our dogs are always eating soemthing they shouldn't. 

• I sort of miss house hunting.  We hardly got to go to any open houses.  We talked about going to a few just for the hell of it, but then decided (like wedding dress shopping) we probably better not.

But I just really like looking at houses. 

• They're easy to make, Steph.  The dough gets very stiff - I used my hands once the flour was added.  Our friends' dog is allergic to wheat, so she can eat these too. 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-mornin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b0e41f0-78d1-4208-9d97-5b545c4f8c08Post:0fdc128c-832c-405c-a5cc-e515b25036ef">Re: Sunday mornin</a>:
    [QUOTE]I sort of miss house hunting.  We hardly got to go to any open houses.  We talked about going to a few just for the hell of it, but then decided (like wedding dress shopping) we probably better not. <strong>But I just really like looking at houses.</strong> 
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

This is me. I love looking at pictures of houses. I have been doing it all morning and we have no plans to move for at least 3 years. I also love to look at cars. I just got a new one last year, but I look at the car websites almost every weekend.

Hi all!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-mornin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b0e41f0-78d1-4208-9d97-5b545c4f8c08Post:59e864a0-7f69-4af6-9cd4-ef4f281ad1a2">Re: Sunday mornin</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday mornin : This is me. I love looking at pictures of houses. I have been doing it all morning and we have no plans to move for at least 3 years. I also love to look at cars. I just got a new one last year, but I look at the car websites almost every weekend. Hi all!
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Yup!  We started looking at houses online over a year ago.  And H looks at cars online all the time, even though he just bought one not ever two years ago and has TWO vehicles (plus 3 motorcycles) right now.  Sigh.

• I need to figure out what I'm going to get H for his birthday. I suck at presents.
  • Hi Cew! :) 

I love looking at houses and cars too.  I'm already daydreaming about what car we'll get next, and mine is only 3 years old. (And in perfectly good shape.)  But I want something bigger I think. I'm not sure how we'll fit a carseat and two monster dogs in a sedan. ha

On a house-related note... the house across the street from us has been for sale since before we bought ours. We snooped and it was foreclosed (notes on the front door.)  Well it just went back up on the market, and I found it online. It's listed at $60k more than we bought our house for. And judging from the photos, it is the exact same as our house, except the basement is finished a little nicer. but, certainly not $60k worth of nicer. That was a wonderful feeling. ha  We knew we got a steal on our house, but this certainly reaffirms that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-mornin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b0e41f0-78d1-4208-9d97-5b545c4f8c08Post:d6acc5dc-2b34-4fba-8f5f-e536884919e3">Re: Sunday mornin</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need to figure out what I'm going to get H for his birthday. I suck at presents.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

<div>A new car? ;)</div><div>
    </div><div>What does he want? Has he dropped any hints?</div>
  • Steph, you should get a Rav-4.  And then I'll trade you my Highlander for it.

• I'm trying to figure out if I can make my anniversary present to H count for his birthday gift too.  Which is really sort of crappy, but I'm going to be spending a lot of money on it.  Maybe we can do the May date on his birthday (his birthday is May 31, our anniversary is May 7th...).

Or, I can stop being an asshole and figure out something else.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-mornin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b0e41f0-78d1-4208-9d97-5b545c4f8c08Post:714cf02a-8ab8-466d-b247-e6eeeea91de9">Re: Sunday mornin</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday mornin : A new car? ;) What does he want? Has he dropped any hints?
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

He needs a new car, but he doesn't want one. He loves his little POS. He wants a fishing boat, so I've been looking at them online too. :)

Last night, I asked Ben what he thought we should get H for his birthday and Ben said "a flat screen TV that only plays football and a 300 lb box of beer". I think he's on to something.
  • Where do you find a 300lb box of beer?  CostCo?

• Ben is a smart little child. haha  What kind of car does Matt have now?

J, I thought you liked your Highlander?? I want something smaller. I'm currently in love with the Ford Edge.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-mornin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b0e41f0-78d1-4208-9d97-5b545c4f8c08Post:8d1fe211-c5c5-47d5-bfad-5b29c32bd654">Re: Sunday mornin</a>:
    [QUOTE]boxofbeer.com
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

<div>confession: I just went to this website. I was disappointed to see it's unregistered. </div>
  • He has a sebring. I love my car and his car is kind of yucky, so I drive everywhere.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-mornin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b0e41f0-78d1-4208-9d97-5b545c4f8c08Post:799d60d3-c6c4-4bb7-8cc5-54feb555a71e">Re: Sunday mornin</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday mornin : confession: I just went to this website. I was disappointed to see it's unregistered. 

Maybe you should try 300lbboxofbeer.com.
  • Steph, I love my Subaru Outback. You should look at them. All wheel drive is probably pretty important where you live.

I just put Sparky down for his morning nap and now I need to get in the shower. We need to go walk around town lake today but its really chilly out (for us). But I've been lazy with my steps the past few days because it was raining. Today is the marathon though, so getting there will be hairy. I'm tired of walking in my neighborhood. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-mornin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b0e41f0-78d1-4208-9d97-5b545c4f8c08Post:2442f0b7-f7a2-4909-83f7-c11a7ff11f92">Re: Sunday mornin</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ben is a smart little child. haha  What kind of car does Matt have now? J, I thought you liked your Highlander?? I want something smaller. I'm currently in love with the Ford Edge.

I DO like the Highlander.  But when I got it, I wasn't planning on driving 600 miles a week (granted, I get paid mileage, but my mileage checks won't go as far with a vehicle that gets 21-22 hwy as it would with a vehicle that got 26-28 highway).  I would really like something a little smaller.  Like the Rav4, whichi s what I originally wanted and would have gotten if I didn't find that fully loaded Highlander for the kick ass deal it was.

• I want a new car but I also want to drive mine until its done too. It is only 6 and a half years old right now. I would think it has until 10 before I really consider getting a new one. My dad has a Rav-4 and I love it. I also kinda like Ford Flexes but I don't know if I want something quite that large.
  • Yeah... my Fusion gets about 26mpg on average, which is bullshit since about half my driving is highway/freeway. Gas wasn't $3+/gallon when I bought the damn thing (Summer, 2008. Right before gas skyrocketed.)  I miss my little Saturn that got 40mpg every time I fill up.

That's why I'm not so worried about going to a crossover kind of car; the mileage is about the same as what I'm getting on my stupid sedan right now. 
  • I want an Outback.  Like a whole lot.

• shiit. I was curious so I looked up the KBB value for my car... with the mileage and all, it's listed at a trade-in value of almost $10k. I only spent $16,500 on it and got it basically brand new (dealer car with less than 3,000 miles.)  I'm impressed. Maybe I can afford a new car... hm.... 
  • I can't do a station wagon. I know they're nice cars and all, but... I just can't do it. I've never had AWD before either, and I'm not sure it really matters. ;) If I can handle the snow in my baby Saturn, I'm fine with RWD. haha
  • PS:  Steph?  I miss your blog.  Write something.  Even I wrote in my blog yesterday.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-mornin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b0e41f0-78d1-4208-9d97-5b545c4f8c08Post:1dd59681-c18a-4896-9b6c-a48b9bc5f7b7">Re: Sunday mornin</a>:
    [QUOTE]PS:  Steph?  I miss your blog.  Write something.  Even I wrote in my blog yesterday.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

<div>I know. I fail. I mean, it's not like I was writing anything interesting anyway, but I should update it. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sunday-mornin?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5b0e41f0-78d1-4208-9d97-5b545c4f8c08Post:399cb0e9-474b-4d35-8fdc-2251b0beb2bd">Re: Sunday mornin</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't do a station wagon. I know they're nice cars and all, but... I just can't do it. I've never had AWD before either, and I'm not sure it really matters. ;) If I can handle the snow in my baby Saturn, I'm fine with RWD. haha

But they don't look like SW anymore.  Have you seen the new ones?  They look like baby SUVs.  They're actually sort of badass looking.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards