Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Weekend Plans?

Re: Weekend Plans?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A whole lot of nothing. I really think this is the first weekend since I've been married that DH and I have nothing to do.. and I'm fine with that!
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tonight I'm going to relax and catch up on SYTYCD and do a little swimming.Tomorrow I have class 9:30-4 (blech) and then I'm not sure what else.Sunday I'm going to a baby shower, and I'm actually looking forward to it.
  • Options
    JessAndColtonJessAndColton member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I get to be a faerie at a birthday party, Saturday. :)  That's about all.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nothing sounds great. I'm really not looking forward to driving up to Denton again tomorrow.
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Going to Houston for my niece's baptism. 
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So excited - we're splurging on dinner at the French Room to celebrate my promotion.  We've been waiting to do this since we moved to the area, but we couldn't afford it until now.
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    terrinksi, I wanna hear all about it!  We're doing The French Room for restaurant week and I can't wait!
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tonight:  Date night, going out to dinnerSaturday:  I don't know what we're doing for the first half, but the second half we're going to my friend's couples shower in Cedar Hill.Sunday:  Probably not a whole lot.
  • Options
    lyndie_bethlyndie_beth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Going to Waxahachie to see my grandfather's truck in an antique car show and a party Saturday at my aunt's house since she recently got married. Sunday I have a baby shower also...that's funny Banana. I mean, I realize more than one person could be pregnant right now, but...  :)
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Power washing the exterior of the house, homework, primering the exterior, censorship project, caulking the exterior, studying, buying paint and such, dying. I know you are all jealous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Celebrating my dad's birthday. Swimming. making candy bags. visiting friends.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So excited - we're splurging on dinner at the French Room to celebrate my promotionYAY Terrinski and Donna!!  This is my absolute favorite place since FI proposed there.  They send home a little banana bread loaf in a bag with a note that says something about breakfast the next day...it's wonderful!!!This weekend we are wedding band shopping and meeting with Central Market and Market Street about flowers for the wedding.  Sunday we are hanging out at the pool!
  • Options
    TCUESW1999TCUESW1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have my first shower this weekend. Yay!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you guys don't mind me asking...how much is it to eat at The French Room?  I want to go on a really nice date soon and I can't remember the last time we got dressed up and all that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    On our engagement night, our bill was about $450 dollars  with tax and tip.  I know, a car payment....when we sat down and I saw the menu, I said "no way, we can't afford this, let's just get a glass of wine and then leave" - he had been saving though for this occasion so he insisted that we stay.  We had the 13 course Chef tour of food - each course is only 2 or 3 bites but you get to try everything and dinner lasts about 4 hours!  That cost didn't even include alcohol though.  I didn't order any and neither did Justin. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mmm...yeah....so that will probably be reserved for like our 5 year anniversary!! :)  That sounds really cool though...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mariah, I went to their website and they have a $50/pp date night special. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, that's much  more reasonable! :)  I'd love to eventually go on a really, really nice date to a really great restuarant...but when I think about it I'm always scared that we'll go and spend all this money for the food and atmosphere and leave disappointed.  Kind of like that commericial for Amex I think.  The couple goes to this swanky restuarant with weird portions of food and they leave hungry and end up stopping at a convenience store and getting bags of chips. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a GREAT deal!  You should do that!  It's an amazing place and they treat you like royalty.  When I stood up to go to the bathroom, the guy ran over and helped me out of my chair....when he saw me comming back, he ran over and pulled my chair back out for me and laid my napkin back accross my lap...I've never been anywhere like that before!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow. That sounds amazing.  It's so beautiful
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lyndie - her name is Stacey. Surely it's not the same shower, but wouldn't that be funny?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will let you all know how it goes!  We're also doing the 13-course Chef tasting menu with wine pairings - so it's going to be pricey. (I figure we're doing ok on my current paycheck, so it'll just be like not getting the promotion for another month.)  We hate having to make the drive back to Lewisville after a good meal, because then we usually just get home and go to sleep, rather than spending time enjoying each other's company.  So we're going to really splurge and spend the night at the Adolphus, too.  (Thankfully the weekend rate includes a $50 food certificate that will go towards our restaurant bill.)
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like an amazing night, have fun!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went dress shopping sat! Today I'm at work :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards