Snarky Brides
Options

Shay, Bec (and other GD's)

Typefaces are humorous. If you're a bit of a typography nerd like me, you'll enjoy this LINKY.

Re: Shay, Bec (and other GD's)

• Options
    Ha! I love all the comic sans hate.
  • Options
    I've seen the Lemonade Stand one before. It's funny.
  • Options
    This is hilarious.

"I shot the serif" Is my favorite, but the comic sans jokes never get old in my book. =)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I must admit, before TK I had no idea so many people hated Comic Sans.
  • Options
    I love the comic at the end where the guy hand him a business card full of the "papyrus" typeface! Oh the HORROR!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_shay-bec-other-gds?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5e1c1a0e-fe2c-4fcc-91e3-62c9c4002812Post:0a7424cd-1075-47eb-b0a3-684fcb2bf979">Re: Shay, Bec (and other GD's)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I must admit, before TK I had no idea so many people hated Comic Sans.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

That's not the only one. There are so many standard, terrible typefaces out there. I actually get angry when I see them used.
  • Options
    OMG I love the lemonade stand one. So funny.

Sesh - I didn't either but I used it once for a poster for an event I was promoting and got quite the lecture from Fi. He's a GD and is always talking about fonts. He showed me the error of my ways I guess.

Now I like Calibri... is Calibri okay guys?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    omg I get so many lecture presentations that are sent to me in comic sans and it just makes me stabby.  Just send it to me with a white background and calibri font - that I can at least look at without feeling a sense of anger.  I'm going to make it pretty anyway...

Comic sans will never be pretty.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Calibri is ok Pixie.  : )
  • Options
    Ok phew. It's my new favorite :-)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I love the "I shot the Serif" one too!

I once tried to explain to my H what a serif was, and he doesn't get it at all. It drives me crazy....I just don't understand why he can't see a difference between serif and sans-serif font, and he can't understand why I care. I guess this will have to be an agree to disagree moment! lol.
    my read shelf:
    Elysia's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    omg papyrus is the suck.
    Lately, I've been feeling harshly towards Scriptina. Especially the free one that everyone uses on DIY designs and don't know how to fix. grrr...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards