Snarky Brides
Options

HS reunion - Attire?

Tim's 20th HS reunion is in three weeks. Neither one of us have ever gone to any of our reunions. He's getting a suit, but I have no clue what to wear.

Are HS reunions semi-formal events? Would a nice skirt / blouse combo be acceptable or is something fancier in order?

Also, the night after the reunion we're going to a benefit dinner dance thing. Would it be lame to wear the same outfit? I don't want to have to buy two outfits that I'll probably never wear again.

Thoughts?
imageimage

Re: HS reunion - Attire?

• Options

For me, it would be whatever made my waist look small and my boobs look huge.  God, I hated HS.

Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ha Tide. My boobs look massive no matter what  :(  Duct tape should take care of my waist. Looks like I'm all set. Thanks  :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    If I actually went to one, I'd probably wear a pimp suit and a green fur coat.  Dont plan to go to one though, the people from high school that I liked enough to want to keep in touch with, I'm still friends with, the rest I have no interest in seeing how they're doing.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    I think HS reunions are semi-formal. I would do a nice dress and heels or like you said a skirt and a nice top. No reason to go black tie status! I don't think it would be lame to wear the same outfit to the other event. My rule is I don't like to wear the same outfit 2  nights in a row if the same people are going to be there. I don't see the point in wasting money on another outfit.

I look for any reason to wear a pair of heels but you could probably pull of flats or wedges too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hs-reunion-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5e394714-3dab-40b8-a119-ef1aeb06bda5Post:ef3d8e98-b43c-4c87-9070-4dc614dd4ccc">Re: HS reunion - Attire?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think HS reunions are semi-formal. I would do a nice dress and heels or like you said a skirt and a nice top. No reason to go black tie status! I don't think it would be lame to wear the same outfit to the other event. My rule is <em><strong>I don't like to wear the same outfit 2  nights in a row if the same people are going to be there. </strong></em>I don't see the point in wasting money on another outfit. I look for any reason to wear a pair of heels but you could probably pull of flats or wedges too.
    Posted by jelique7[/QUOTE]

There won't be any overlapping guests.  I'm short, so I'll certainly be wearing heels or platform wedges of some sort.

I'm kind of hoping I can get away with not wearing a dress because getting the right fit is hard because of my boobage. A skirt and blouse would definately suit me better. I just don't want to be under dressed.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Oh I understand the boobage part, I tried on a really pretty dress on Wednesday and the boobies totally killed the look. Wear something that all of Tim's former classmates will be drooling over =] Im sure that he would love to show you off.
  • Options
    Jelique  - since you mentioned it, I am a little nervous. Tim was quite the ladies man in HS and there will be plenty of exes there. I know it was 20 years ago, but still. You know?
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hs-reunion-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5e394714-3dab-40b8-a119-ef1aeb06bda5Post:4e31aeaa-6b22-48d8-a76d-60420c8fff73">Re: HS reunion - Attire?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If I actually went to one, I'd probably wear a pimp suit and a green fur coat.  Dont plan to go to one though,<strong> the people from high school that I liked enough to want to keep in touch with, I'm still friends with, the rest I have no interest in seeing how they're doing.</strong>
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

This is my dad's theory, completely.

I work a cocktail dress to mine. Lots of girls wore skirts and blouses. But we had to go to mass before the reception, so that could have impacted the choice of dress. I do think I showed too much boobage for mass.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I understand. I know its not quiet the same but every year when I go to Kyle's commands Xmas party, I get super nervous. I have met all/most of his CW before but I still get nervous. I have to get all dressed up for that too, I have already started looking for dresses lol. You will be fine, Tim is with you now because he thinks you are the bee's knees and all of his exes can suck it. Im sure he will only be staring at you the whole night, if he doesn't then you have the right to stab him in the eyeball with a spork lol.
  • Options
    Spork is my weapon of choice. It's like you can read my mind.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I knew it. I used my mind control powers to tap into your thoughts. I hope you don't mind.
  • Options
    OK. what am I thinking now?
    imageimage
  • Options
    My sister just went to her 10 year reunion last month. She wore a cocktail dress from White House Black Market.

Definitely don't be nervous. Think of it this way, he was a ladie's man and clearly you're the peak of his conquests since he married you. Walk in on his arm with your chin up miss lady!
  • Options
    Your thinking that anyone who eats mashed hotdog mixed with cooked corn should be stabbed in the throat with a spork. Either that or you think that mashed hotdog with cooked corn is your favorite food ever. Stop putting your mind block on
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hs-reunion-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5e394714-3dab-40b8-a119-ef1aeb06bda5Post:79e27f20-906a-4cc5-b905-35b30a3cf517">Re: HS reunion - Attire?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your thinking that anyone who eats mashed hotdog mixed with cooked corn should be stabbed in the throat with a spork. Either that or you think that mashed hotdog with cooked corn is your favorite food ever. Stop putting your mind block on
    Posted by jelique7[/QUOTE]

I think I love you
    imageimage
  • Options
    Astronaut uniform with cowboy hat on top. Like what Peter Griffin wore.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hs-reunion-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5e394714-3dab-40b8-a119-ef1aeb06bda5Post:575b5fc9-4ae1-4d4c-bd33-de3a073b7970">Re: HS reunion - Attire?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My sister just went to her 10 year reunion last month. She wore a cocktail dress from White House Black Market. Definitely don't be nervous. Think of it this way, he was a ladie's man and clearly you're the peak of his conquests since he married you. Walk in on his arm with your chin up miss lady!
    Posted by JennaV26[/QUOTE]

He married me for my magic vag. Duh  :P

Seriously though, I have no clue why I'm so nervous.
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hs-reunion-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:5e394714-3dab-40b8-a119-ef1aeb06bda5Post:6dd9159b-d524-4e1b-831e-88632773b9cd">Re: HS reunion - Attire?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HS reunion - Attire? : I think I love you
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]

I knew you were thinking that too but I didn't want to freak you out...and I didn't want to sound too conceited. =]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_hs-reunion-attire?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:5e394714-3dab-40b8-a119-ef1aeb06bda5Post:0efde6f5-5013-41a7-a175-b3659d276e1a">Re: HS reunion - Attire?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HS reunion - Attire? : He married me for my magic vag. Duh  :P
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]

Well then you are obviously cooler than everyone else who will be there!

I get a little nervous walking into things like this too. I think part of it is that you just don't know what to expect. Will there be booze?? That always helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards