Snarky Brides
Options

Looking for Thank You gift ideas...

So my cousin and my aunt did a huge amount of work to help out with the wedding.  My aunt did my flowers (she's done it many times before so we entrusted her with that) and then my cousin, who's my age, just happened to be in town so she helped a lot with decorating. 

I'm looking for something to send them as a thank you.  I've checked Harry & David, Hickory Farms, etc. but just wanted to see if anyone else has any other ideas for something along those lings.  For my aunt it will be for her and her family, so that's why I was leaning towards a food treat.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Re: Looking for Thank You gift ideas...

• Options
    If you're looking along those lines, try Omaha Steaks.  You can do either single packs or "Meat of the Month" type thing.  You can even build your own packages.  And their steaks are SUPER tender.
  • Options
    Personally I would treat their gifts just like a would a birthday or Christmas gift. Buy them something each would like on a more personal level. What do they collect, are they into a recreation activities?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I agree with kd- get something tuned more to their interests..
    For example, wedding coordinator at the church is from New Orleans, so I am getting her something with a fleur-de-lis on it.
  • Options
    But see, I'm looking for something for them + family.  My aunt, her husband and her husband's daughter all helped.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_looking-thank-gift-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:694961d2-82f9-4845-b7cd-d2e534c0d67cPost:8b066f71-46b2-41ac-99da-1ba7fa4dab06">Re: Looking for Thank You gift ideas...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Something from Edible Arrangements would work.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

I second this. Edible Arrangements is excellent.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm on the Edible Arrangements train too.  Not much is better than gigantic chocolate covered strawberries :)
    panther
  • Options
    Erm, well if they did ALL the flowers and decorating, I might spring for something more than fruit... but that may be just me.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_looking-thank-gift-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:694961d2-82f9-4845-b7cd-d2e534c0d67cPost:4d0fa3db-a69d-430d-b1ae-7df2038b5d3f">Re: Looking for Thank You gift ideas...</a>:
    [QUOTE]But see, I'm looking for something for them + family.  My aunt, her husband and her husband's daughter all helped.  
    Posted by marissa_claire[/QUOTE]

Ohhh. I gotcha. I need to work on my reading comp skills this morning. Yeah, Edible Arrangements= yummy. I think the whole family could enjoy that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_looking-thank-gift-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:694961d2-82f9-4845-b7cd-d2e534c0d67cPost:b0d20bf4-dce6-49d0-b825-1d203b6e39df">Re: Looking for Thank You gift ideas...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Erm, well if they did ALL the flowers and decorating, I might spring for something more than fruit... but that may be just me.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

I see where you're coming from. I don't know how much the OP can spend but maybe an Edible Arrangments and $10-15 gift cards for things they like. Or a gift certificate to a restaurant they can all go out to and enjoy a nice dinner?
  • Options
    Thanks for the ideas!  I'll definitely check out those sites today. I just want them to know I appreciate their help.

And Meaghan - they helped, didn't do every last thing.  The flowers were mostly just for the WP since I didn't do much decorating / centerpieces with flowers.  
  • Options
    How about a gift card to a favorite restaurant? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with edible arrangements (if they like fruit that is) or a GC to a restaurant near them that they enjoy so they all can go out to dinner. Or a nice gift basket of cheeses, crackers, and wine.

Photobucket
  • Options
    I would much prefer a GC to a restaurant than an Edible Arrangement.  I mean, don't get me wrong because I think EAs are kick ass and the fruit is SOOOO good, but I just think when given the choice, I'd choose a GC to a restaurant.  But maybe I'm just saying that because FI and I used to go out to eat all the time and now we rarely do. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Omaha Steaks and Edible Arrangements get my vote! 
    My furbaby, Miles
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm with you on the GC just don't go all cheapy-cheap by getting one from restaurant.com. They irritate me, even if they claim to save me money.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards