Snarky Brides

"an object over her head"

I just thought I'd share this little story with you guys. It's been pouring down rain here for the better portion of the day and this call I responded to just made the blinding rain, hail and continuous thunder and lightning a little less....terrible.
In the 12:00 hour: "*** Please respond to [house address]. Reports of a young girl with an object over her head. I believe they said it was a toilet seat." Okay, so to make this story...which was very traumatizing for this little girl..a little shorter, I won't include every single detail. Mom was in the shower getting ready for an interview and the daughter wanted to look pretty like mom. Since mom didn't want daughter playing with her expensive jewelry that she had inherited from her great grandmother as a little girl...the daughter decided to stick a toilet seat over her head (decorated with some kind of....cute design I suppose). All was well until the mom couldn't pull the toilet seat OFF the child's head. When I arrived, the child's family members were taking pictures and everybody was laughing. I understand...it was kind of funny, but at the same time, this child looked pretty distressed. Medics got there and were able to cut the toilet seat and remove it from the child's head...after about an hour. Of course, I didn't want to be standing in the car port of this home trying to rule out foul play but hey...comes with the territory.
While all in "good fun", I did have to tell the parents and family members of this child that they did the right thing by calling 911, but they don't need to embarrass the girl by laughing and taking pictures non stop. The father was offended by the fact that I was given orders to investigate  and rule out foul play and throughly let me know that..but I kept it cool and said "Sir, I'm sorry you think I'm trying to tell you how to raise your daughter, but when things like this happen it's part of my job. Let me do my job and I'll be on my way when I'm through." I mean for crying out loud, the father even said he told her to go mind her own d@mn business because he was watching "his show." My partner...who usually delivers the "stern talking to's" decided to go MIA so he could laugh his a$$ off. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker

Re: "an object over her head"

• CN please?
    Clyde von Sockypaws and Lilly Pad Meunster. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Aww that poor little girl.

CN : OP responded to a call that a young girl had a toilet seat stuck on her head. When she arrived family was laughing and joking but girl was traumatized. OP had to do a "possibility of foul play" investigation and dad got pissed.
  • are you a police officer?

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • My brother got his head stuck in one of those plastic chairs when he was in first grade. At school.
    They called the fire department to come cut him out.  When they got there they asked why he put his head there, and he said "I just wanted to see if it would fit." I will NEVER forget that story.

But my parents were worried, not making fun.
    Photobucket
  • tesskerrtesskerr member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2011
    I would laugh if that was my kid, mainly to stop them freaking out. If the parents were acting like it was super serious, that could possibly stress the kid out more. If they were laughing and saying "your so silly" the kid might find it a bit less stressful, cos the parents aren't worried.
    It's like when a kid falls over, you laugh and say "oopsies! you're ok aren't you? haha" and then they smile not "oh my god! are you ok? my poor baby that must have hurt!" then they cry.
  • I'm trying to imagine this. How does one get a toilet seat stuck on their head?
  • AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2011
    This reminds me of one time in 7th grade. My best friend's desk had a hole in it that her and her deskmate had been making bigger all year. One day, she stuck her finger in it, and the deskmate yanked on it. She got hella stuck. They tried all kinds of stuff to get her out (including a creepy teacher soaping her hand; by creepy I mean previously creepy to the soaping incident) before finally cutting her out after like two hours. Like half of our class put her getting her finger stuck in the desk as their most memorable moment of the year in our yearbooks. I felt bad for her, but damn it was hilarious.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_object-over-her-head?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6b108251-be93-41bd-8cb4-7a593e320e59Post:23af2cea-b605-4052-a6e0-acae3df52409">Re: "an object over her head"</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm trying to imagine this. How does one get a toilet seat stuck on their head?
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]

This is what I was thinking. Does the little girl have a extra large head or something?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_object-over-her-head?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6b108251-be93-41bd-8cb4-7a593e320e59Post:2ec92e62-75da-4b33-948c-2f6b5c0e36c9">Re: "an object over her head"</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: "an object over her head" : This is what I was thinking. Does the little girl have a extra large head or something?
    Posted by SD3194[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of wondering how she got the toilet seat off, unless maybe it was a potty training type toilet seat. Maybe we have always had freaky toilets but it's a pain in the rear to get our toilet seats to come off of the actual toilet.

Unless she got it stuck while it was on the toilet..now I'm just confusing myself.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_object-over-her-head?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6b108251-be93-41bd-8cb4-7a593e320e59Post:e4815889-4214-42aa-9166-29754369ed6b">Re: "an object over her head"</a>:
    [QUOTE]My brother got his head stuck in one of those plastic chairs when he was in first grade. At school. They called the fire department to come cut him out.  When they got there they asked why he put his head there, and he said "I just wanted to see if it would fit." I will NEVER forget that story. But my parents were worried, not making fun.
    Posted by alicialovestre[/QUOTE]

<div>I giggled reading this [: </div><div>
    </div><div>I still don't get why/how the toilet seat was stuck on her head... and I'm sorta grossed out. That would be funny... and I'd probably take a photo to show my daughter in years to come but I would take A PHOTO, not a lot. Just one. I wouldn't let her see me laughing, and I'd probably hold her or hold her hand until medics came. Wow, I wonder what show the Dad was watching..</div>
  • Yes it was a child's potty seat...one that fits on the toilet seat. I didn't cut it off, or spend much time talking to her but according to on of the medics, it was pretty coushioned and the child's ears (not even "big") wouldn't allow the seat to be taken off without causing extreme pain to the child. I'm not exactly sure what show he was watching that was more important than spending time with the little girl. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards