Snarky Brides
Options

Does Anyone Know how to..

My Ex's mom would make this stuff at christmas she called dog piles(or something like that). It was chex mix with powdered sugar and other stuff. Does anyone know what it is and how to make it. I was thinking about that stuff the other day and wanted to make some.

Photobucket We're Married!!!!

Re: Does Anyone Know how to..

• Options
    puppy chow?

melt chocolate, toss it in a zip lock filled with chex until covered then toss powdered sugar it to coat. 

yum.
  • Options
    Yes!!! Thank You I knew it had something to do with dogs.

I am going to make buck eyes and chocolote covered pretzels on sunday and I wanted to make this stuff too.
  • Options

LOL.. Puppy Chow sounds a little better..

• Options
    mmm... adding peanut butter sounds better!
  • Options
    you could also make a mixture of brown sugar, flour and soft butter, it makes something similar to the topping of a crumb cake. would be a sweet twist to an already delish treat!
  • Options
    I am going to tell my FI its called Puppy piles and see if he eats it.... If not.. then I get it all to myself.
  • Options
    I think I might do that.. and bring them to work and tell my coworkers I made them dog piles... should be fun to see their reaction.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6d274bb5-b3e8-4ce3-9f48-28a1bd8317abPost:8ee93705-3924-4fc2-af6f-0895ad2bd237">Re: Does Anyone Know how to..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Anyone Know how to.. : Around here people call it bear food. I always enjoy hearing what different places call different things.
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

i'm heard "bear treats".  I just don't get naming it puppy chow when it can't be fed to dogs.  I guess i'm a literalist
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_anyone-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6d274bb5-b3e8-4ce3-9f48-28a1bd8317abPost:42011454-6565-46b0-ad67-920ee8b05849">Re: Does Anyone Know how to..</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Does Anyone Know how to.. : i'm heard "bear treats".  I just don't get naming it puppy chow when it can't be fed to dogs.  I guess i'm a literalist
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Well it kind of looks like dog food.  Minus the powdered sugar.  Kind of.  Not really.

We call it puppy chow around here.  And it's freakin' delicious.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards