Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Hostess Gifst for Bridal Shower

What did you do? Any good ideas? I know I can always fall back on the bath and body works type of deal I just wanted to be a little creative at the same time being careful of how much I'm spending, which can be hard.

Re: Hostess Gifst for Bridal Shower

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought mine a pack of scented votive candles from Target (on clearance) And a cute fluffy pen from Sugar Pie Pens. www.sugarpiepens.com  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh i love the pens!! That is fabulous! I'm going to get those! Thank you so much!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Monogrammed toiletry bags from Pottery Barn. I put the following in each: Perfume Nail files Eye/Lip pencil sharpener Pretty mirrored compact Lip gloss from Sephora Anti bacterial Candles And then my 2 MOH got a few extra things that were a bit nicer. And I didn't give my house party girls as much stuff inside. The bags were a hit.
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When in doubt, a bottle of wine is always a great gift. 
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wine isn't always the best gift.  I'm allergic to something in them.  Hence, the raging migraine the next morning after even half a glass.  I also couldn't give Bath and Body Works stuff because one of my hostesses has allergies and asthma.  I got gift cards to their favorite restaurants or places.  I discovered that one of my student's moms who helped throw that shower loved Starbuck's but wouldn't go anymore due to one in college and another being a high school senior.  The Starbuck's gift card made me a hero to her. 
  • Options
    TCUESW1999TCUESW1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine was not your usual. The hostess who did my shower is going back to school and is really struggling so I got her a gas card, Chipotle gift card because she LOVES them, and serveral cartons of antibacterial wipes so she can use them at work since she uses a community phone. I know it sounds weird but these were all things that were personal for her and I wanted things that she could use and help her out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking about buying my wp gift cards to their favorite clothing stores. They all like to shop. I am even thinking about doing a girls trip and paying for it.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is it the sulphur, Julie?  That's actually the first time I've heard of someone being allergic to wine, good to know. Anyway, hopefully the OP knows the hostesses well enough to not buy anything they are allergic to.  I guess I'm just someone who doesn't really like giftcards unless they're for a very specific purpose (like a spa massage or something).  If I get a gift card to a chain restaurant like Chili's or Starbucks, I just assume it's because the person couldn't come up with a better idea and had some of those giftcards lying around from credit card reward programs or frequent flyer miles.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And I don't mean that you didn't put thought into your gift card purchases, if anyone's doing that.  It's just not one of my favorite things to receive.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What was important for me was to make it personal and special. At first I didn't care about what I got them, but closer to the wedding it was important to me to show that I had put thought into their gift. Each of the girls bags were a little bit unique, so they knew I had spent time on each one of them.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Donna,At least a gift card is something someone could use.  Not everyone likes Japanese Cherry Blossom.  I've ended up with so much of that stuff and no one else I know will use it.  In the trash.  I then feel like that person wasted money on me when it was something that I never would have used.  As a matter of fact, I did ask some questions before deciding on gift cards.  Kids are a wealth of information in regards to their parents. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing shower stuff from Bath and Body Works.  I'm putting them in baskets and decorating the baskets to make them cute.  I am going to attach a tag that says "I hope your next "shower" is as awesome as mine was."  I got that idea from someone on this board.  I think it was Emyli.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards