Snarky Brides

Come out, come out lurkers

Re: Come out, come out lurkers

• Hi everyone.
    I've been lurking for a couple months now and post occasionally.  I'm a SAHM and live in Houston.
    When is your wedding?  9/11
    Why don't you post?  I'm chasing after a 2 1/2 year old with an 8 month old in tow; so I usually arrive late in the post or just don't have time to follow up so I don't bother.
    Who's your fave?  I like Shelley and Cew and Bethrothed; they all make me laugh.  And of course J&K but only because of your box kitty (dirty).
    Pretend we have control over who posts here--who would you kick off the SB island?  I wouldn't kick anybody off but both Blueeyed and OWN have said some things that have annoyed me.
    If you could be any color of M&Ms, what color would you be and why?
    I'm on a diet, don't bring up chocolate.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rumtope sounds awesome.

Ramen not so much.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:1ec80d0a-4904-497e-bba2-1aafd541e023">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come out, come out lurkers : Hahah yeah thats the same stuff then. For some reason I LOVE the taste of those noodles. they come in a little rectangular bag right? I break up the noodles, open the bag, pour the flavour packet over it,shake it up and snack.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

No offense, Nebb, but that is just....weird. ;)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Maybe its a canadian thing. Quit hatin' on me because im from Canada!!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:44bdd365-3a28-4704-a764-f87732f941e7">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need to conquer a Rumtope, this sounds amazing. Like sangria but better because it's made with liquor. Katiewhompus, I can't believe you've only met one other Kristi! My little nieces and nephews gets confused with my brother Scott and my husband Scott both being their uncles. <strong>We tried to tell them one is "Scotty the Body" and one is "Scotty Too Hottie" but they're only 2 and 3 so I don't think they got the humor...
    </strong>Posted by COkristi[/QUOTE]

Hilarious :)
  • Nah, I'd give you shite if you were from the US and ate that too.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:0d077693-f6dc-4bbc-a514-89c5f74d2267">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you guys ever heard of a rumtope? My mom apparently had one when she was my age, and its a huge opaque jar with a lid - you put in fruit whenever its in season (I think strawberries are first, then cherries, peaches, etc) and every time you put in new fruit, you pour in more rum (or other alcohol) to cover it. In the fall you then eat the fruit and drink the booze and it is incredible according to her.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

omg, I must try this.  Strawberries are in season right now.  Found a recipe for rumtopf, sounds like it.

I sound like a lush probably tonight!
  • I love alcoholic fruit. In college I would always fish the oranges, pineapple, etc out of the jungle juice (normally vodka and kool-aid) and eat them. I also had apple slices soaked in moonshine once but they were incredibly disgusting.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:0658c833-0f50-49cf-a757-8c03394409e2">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ahem... dry ramen is amazing.  Break it up, sprinkle a bit of the powder, delish. I forget what the original questions were thought. I think they were... My name is Madeleine I'm probably not a REGULAR regular, but I think I am regular enough, and I have certainly been on the boards long enough. I love most of the same folks everyone else has named. People I can't stand include but aren't limited to: the confederate flag chick, the Cwcottage whatever girl, FurturemrstTayprince, <strong>whoever that lurker girl is who just asked the E and SB question,</strong> and while I think Blue is intelligent, I don't think she thinks things through before she writes, and therefore comes across far more abrasive etc than perhaps she intends. Or maybe she intends it to come across that way. I dunno.
    Posted by mag920[/QUOTE]

Csuperstar02.
    and why is that I fall into the category of those you can't stand?

?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

• My mom makes a kick ass coleslaw type thingy with dry ramen mixed in. I call it Horsefood but it's damn tasty.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:0658c833-0f50-49cf-a757-8c03394409e2">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Ahem... dry ramen is amazing.  Break it up, sprinkle a bit of the powder, delish.</strong> I forget what the original questions were thought. I think they were... My name is Madeleine I'm probably not a REGULAR regular, but I think I am regular enough, and I have certainly been on the boards long enough. I love most of the same folks everyone else has named. People I can't stand include but aren't limited to: the confederate flag chick, the Cwcottage whatever girl, FurturemrstTayprince, whoever that lurker girl is who just asked the E and SB question, and while I think Blue is intelligent, I don't think she thinks things through before she writes, and therefore comes across far more abrasive etc than perhaps she intends. Or maybe she intends it to come across that way. I dunno.
    Posted by mag920[/QUOTE]
    THANK YOU!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:0060a449-379d-427f-8ddd-53d962620dd4">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come out, come out lurkers : Csuperstar02. and why is that I fall into the category of those you can't stand?
    Posted by csuperstar02[/QUOTE]

I'm going to go ahead and guess it's because we're all sick of the supposed "board war"/"great migration" being discussed, and it hadn't happened for a few days so we were happy with that.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Hmm I may have to try this then...after I'm allowed to chew on the right side of my mouth haha.
  • Kristi (the whompus one) - my former coworker who I can't stand shares your name with the exact spelling.  I wish it didn't since I loves you and she sucks.

HI MAG!!!!!!  And mocha!!!  And all the newbs.  Wilkommen!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • NebbNebb member
    Does anyone know who sharon lois and bram is?
  • J&K - you still didn't answer my question, beotch.

Oh, and to make it a bit more bi in here:

( . )( . )

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:5dc220ab-3b25-4c72-a4ed-4cb95a917628">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone know who sharon lois and bram is?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Lamb chop?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:1b579c43-d81d-4c59-b3f0-3e4cf738c0a8">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come out, come out lurkers : I'm going to go ahead and guess it's because we're all sick of the supposed "board war"/"great migration" being discussed, and it hadn't happened for a few days so we were happy with that.
    Posted by J&K10910[/QUOTE]

fair enough. I thought it was a legitimate question timing-wise as you were calling us out for not naming names on the vote 'em off the island question. no big deal really.

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:663169cd-d276-48f3-b8d6-72524e887cec">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kristi (the whompus one) - my former coworker who I can't stand shares your name with the exact spelling.  I wish it didn't since I loves you and she sucks. HI MAG!!!!!!  And mocha!!!  And all the newbs.  Wilkommen!
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]

Just throw an E on the end every time you need to address her ;)
  • NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:71b3767d-9e08-4186-a3ec-a5ae6da82092">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come out, come out lurkers : Lamb chop?
    Posted by sucrets4[/QUOTE]
    No, the elephant show? Skinamarinkidinkidink?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:15fce45f-302c-4ad8-a88f-338b73fea1f7">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come out, come out lurkers : fair enough. I thought it was a legitimate question timing-wise as you were calling us out for not naming names on the vote 'em off the island question. no big deal really.
    Posted by csuperstar02[/QUOTE]

Clearly you should do as I say, not as I do ;)

Suc, obviously it was you!  And DDPKitty and I are forever grateful to you.

• Mag, as a lurker I definitely think of you as a reg!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love you in the morning and in the afternoon.  I love you in the evening and underneath the moon!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:342f2082-c1ee-437f-87af-9cb36d3908c1">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Eh, I guess it's not YOU that I can't stand, rather I am just super sick of that question and everyone thinking there is a conspiracy.  I cannot wrap my head around the fact that other people can't wrap their heads around the fact that there wasn't some sort of pre-conceived, pre-meditated reason for a shift.  Not everything needs complex overthought.
    Posted by mag920[/QUOTE]

That makes sense. As a lurker of both boards, I did not think that it was big super-secret intraboard move. From the outside looking in, it seems very simple. That's why I took the opportunity to ask those directly involved. That is all. Will not mention again. :D

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

• The dog is no longer staring into my soul.  You have a floozy dog.

• NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:a164dd00-d719-4486-bb6f-6b942a01bbc5">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love you in the morning and in the afternoon.  I love you in the evening and underneath the moon!
    I love you so much right now
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:13121703-4a2f-438d-9698-b03436bd252c">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]As a lurker of both boards, I did not think that it was big super-secret intraboard move. From the outside looking in, it seems very simple. Posted by csuperstar02[/QUOTE]

For real.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:0ef45428-7f60-4dd7-b9fb-70b2fff8c708">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come out, come out lurkers : Clearly you should do as I say, not as I do ;) Suc, obviously it was you!  And DDPKitty and I are forever grateful to you.

Good, you better be.  Although I don't think you acknowledge my gloriously funny box joke earlier.  But it might have been in another thread, I dunno.

God, I'm tired.

(mag...see what you're going to be going through soon???  I could tell you details of tonight's bedtime routine, but it involves copious amounts of baby bodily fluids.)

• Nebbulove- I love my ramen that way. I only eat the chicken kind though and I don't eat it anymore because it makes me feel soooo bloated.

COkristi- MY aunt makes a salad like that too. amaziiiiing.

I want some rumtope.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_come-out-come-out-lurkers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6e33d1ef-a26f-4dc3-a74f-d032ed09f010Post:0ef45428-7f60-4dd7-b9fb-70b2fff8c708">Re: Come out, come out lurkers</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Come out, come out lurkers : <strong>Clearly you should do as I say, not as I do ;) </strong>Suc, obviously it was you!  And DDPKitty and I are forever grateful to you.

*writing it in my wedding notebook*

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards