Snarky Brides

I know I said I planned on still wearing my dress, but.....

I got bored today, and went to the bridal store, and fell in love!  I know, I'm a crazy person, but I just couldn't stop thinking that I needed to do this to be sure I loved my dress enough to not care that my cousin has the same one.  Well, I found this one, and could not believe how much I loved it!  My little sister (and best friend) thinks it's hideous, but my dad loves it and so does another friend of mine.  This is FI's preferred style.  Please tell me what you think, go for it or stick with the one I have?

My current dress

The dress I found today!

It's mori lee 1619.  I have a much better picture, but it won't load.

Re: I know I said I planned on still wearing my dress, but.....

• I love them both.
  • I really love your original dress. My advice is to go back to the shop and try on your original dress. If you still feel like it's not "your" dress once it's on, then go for the second one.

I know I had doubts about my dress when I wasn't wearing it, but as soon as I put it on I fell in love with it every time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • reilsreils member
    First Comment
    I think the first dress is absolutely stunning on you. I know it's dissapointing that your cousin has the same dress as you but after the wedding it won't seem like such a big deal and you'll love your wedding pictures because you will look amazing in them. I also think that there is more of a chance that you will regret getting a different dress than you will regret keeping the first one you loved. 
  • I think dress #1 looks so much better on you.
  • The first is absolutely perfect. The pattern on the second one is strange and the glittery lines give it a kind of haphazard look.
  • You're gorgeous either way, but the first dress is way better, IMHO.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Dress #1 is by far the prettiest on you and on its own. I think it is classy, and you will be comfortable in it.

If your cousin has the same one, why not add a satin sash in color or cap sleeves (a pretty "in" look now) added - you know, make it your own.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Still love the original. The front seems strange to me on the second one.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I know it's already been well established here, but I just have to say that I LOVE your original gown.  The second one is nice, but the first is stunning to me.  Screw your cousin.

And I love the idea of a cap sleeve if you can do it.  And a pretty belt.

SaveSave
  • I also really love your original dress, much more than I like the second dress.  I would stick with your first choice.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I vote for the original. The other dress is way too busy and distracting.
    "There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • I vote Dress 1, and ditto Smash. Your cousin was a freakin idiot for choosing the same dress as you, the biggest reason being that there is NO WAY she's going to look as amazing as you do in it. :)
  • I agree with everyone else, the original is stunning on you!

I wouldnt waste the money on another dress, keep the original!
  • I agree with previous posters.  You look amazing in the first one and I think you could make it unique by adding sleeves and a sparkly belt.  After the alterations, I don't think anyone would even be able to tell that you and your cousin had the same dress.  Just don't tell your cousin about your dress plans!
  • you look like a princess in your current dress= GORGEOUS!!
    Mom of 4....and Sept 2013 BRIDE!!!!
  • I prefer your current dress. You look great in it.
  • I think your original dress is beautiful and flatters you more than the new dress.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-know-i-said-i-planned-on-still-wearing-my-dress-but?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:6fc0ae77-227a-414c-91f0-43b59a210d5aPost:57b281d5-4a89-4e95-b97d-6867b5428aee">Re: I know I said I planned on still wearing my dress, but.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know it's already been well established here, <strong>but I just have to say that I LOVE your original gown.  The second one is nice, but the first is stunning to me.  Screw your cousin.</strong> And I love the idea of a cap sleeve if you can do it.  And a pretty belt.
    Posted by monkeysip[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I love love love the original.
  • Bec said it. I also really love the idea of cap sleeves- I can't tell from the photo, but would lace cap sleeves go with it? I just love the look. And yeah, you're going to look so much better in the dress than her. I don't know why she would want to invite comparison by picking the same dress, since she's clearly going to lose!
  • You could probally add some rhinestone trim to the sash, and maybe a shrug if you really want the shape to be different.  Personally, the first one is a really good look for you, much better than the second one! 

Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend. - Andrew Futral

• oh wow..definately the orginal! its gorgeous and looks fantastic on you!
  • I think I'm gonna do a mini-splurge (instead of getting a new dress) and get a more detailed/jeweled sash.  The dress came with a shawl or wrap or whatever-really just a piece of sheer fabric-and that looked really good as the sleeves.  I was messing with it/different looks when I first got the dress and it really emphasized the sweetheart neckline.  You all have been so nice!
  • edited March 2012
    The first dress is my dress, too. And no, I'm not your cousin.

I'm adding a little bling to the sash and doing a flower in my hair.

:)
  • I totally would, but it's not finished yet :(

Pshhh, I'm a big ball of sparkle so I'm not worried about it. Did your dress come with a flower?
  • yeah it did...but my cousin really wants to wear the flower on hers, and I was kinda "meh" about the flower anyways because when I first tried the dress on it was without the flower and I still loved it.  I've found a few sashes on etsy that have flowers, but since my cousin is wearing hers, I"ll prob just get a sparkly one.  I, too, am obsessed with anything that sparkles...anything! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards