Snarky Brides
Options

Oh, helllooooo

Want to tell me a ghost story? Or something scary that happened to you?  Nathan's studying and it's effectively ended my Ghost Whisperer marathon of clothes and spookiness. Boo.

Or just random chatting.

Re: Oh, helllooooo

• Options
    Hey! I am no good with ghost stories but I am sure I can come up with some random chatting. :)

I am doing some work for my MIL but having a distraction is fine by me!
  • Options
    Oh hi! I have no scaries. I'm more of a day dreamer.
  • Options
    Semi-Creepy story (?) To me anyway...lol

When my daughter was a baby, she used to look in the closet and it was super creepy because she was definitely focused on something. We would move her, and she would look back at the same place, totally fixated. I know it sounds like maybe she was looking at coat hangers or something, but her eyes were *focused* on something and sometimes it was at nighttime and it would be dark with only a nightlight. She would randomly smile and giggle at whatever she was looking at. I wasn't the only one who saw it, FI's sister just started saying..."She's looking at the angels again" when ever she would see her do it again. It was super weird and she eventually stopped...but it was really creepy.
  • Options
    Did you ever notice that some people look like animals? This one old guy that went to my old church really, really had the face of a turtle.  He had this huge beaky nose, and droopy, slow eyes. 

That's my random thought of the thread :P
  • Options

You guys might brand me as the super weirdo after this one but here goes...

My mom and I share a room and I woke up one morning to a man that was very obviously not really there bending down over her like he was going to kiss her. He then looked up and looked me right in the face stood back up and disappeared.

I think this one is the creepiest, but I've got a bunch more.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • Options
    Eeek don't know if I can read these so close to bed.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oh-helllooooo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:702884a0-1a07-404d-9ff3-f54bb513a8b7Post:37e9e5bc-6005-4cfc-9138-a1b43c9fad74">Re: Oh, helllooooo</a>:
    [QUOTE]Semi-Creepy story (?) To me anyway...lol When my daughter was a baby, she used to look in the closet and it was super creepy because she was definitely focused on something. We would move her, and she would look back at the same place, totally fixated. I know it sounds like maybe she was looking at coat hangers or something, but her eyes were *focused* on something and sometimes it was at nighttime and it would be dark with only a nightlight. She would randomly smile and giggle at whatever she was looking at. I wasn't the only one who saw it, FI's sister just started saying..."She's looking at the angels again" when ever she would see her do it again. It was super weird and she eventually stopped...but it was really creepy.
    Posted by DeadUtopia[/QUOTE]

<div>completely creepy...</div><div>
    </div><div>I once saw a lamp float up the grand staircase of my grandmother's house in Arkansas =) my sister saw it too! The night after that, I woke up to an old man in overalls and a fishing hat staring at me from a rocking chair across the room i was sleeping in...</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>i'm watching house hunters international, reading a little, just had lunh (cereal..) and need to go let the kitty out to roam for a few!</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oh-helllooooo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:702884a0-1a07-404d-9ff3-f54bb513a8b7Post:37e9e5bc-6005-4cfc-9138-a1b43c9fad74">Re: Oh, helllooooo</a>:
    [QUOTE]Semi-Creepy story (?) To me anyway...lol When my daughter was a baby, she used to look in the closet and it was super creepy because she was definitely focused on something. We would move her, and she would look back at the same place, totally fixated. I know it sounds like maybe she was looking at coat hangers or something, but her eyes were *focused* on something and sometimes it was at nighttime and it would be dark with only a nightlight. She would randomly smile and giggle at whatever she was looking at. I wasn't the only one who saw it, FI's sister just started saying..."She's looking at the angels again" when ever she would see her do it again. It was super weird and she eventually stopped...but it was really creepy.
    Posted by DeadUtopia[/QUOTE]

At least she wasn't scared of it! I would assume that means it wasn't harmful. Maybe it was her angel. ;)
  • Options
    Yes, Nates! Random, but totally true.
  • Options
    Omg, Dead, that creeps me out like nothing else.  One time I was in N's old apartment by myself (he used to work 3rd shift--13 hours, Friday-Sunday) and I'd usually be bored out of my mind because I didn't know anyone in IN.  This one time, I was home watching tv as usual, and I notice the dog just lying on the floor, staring straight into the bedroom.  I called him, but he just kept staring, as if he saw something.  THis went on for about ten minutes and then he got up and jumped on the couch as if nothing happened.

I think children and animals can see stuff we (adults) can't.
  • Options
    Hi! I have no creepy stories for you, but I'm always up for random chat. :)
  • Options
    Call me crazy. but I don't believe in ghosts and such. So I have no good ghost stories.
  • Options
    sara: have you talked to your dude yet? when are y'all meeting again!?
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I Absolutely did not believe in this stuff until I went on a trip with my girlfriends to her haunted vacation house and two of us snuck off to use a oujia board. By far the scariest moment of my life!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oh-helllooooo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:702884a0-1a07-404d-9ff3-f54bb513a8b7Post:c52cbcc7-3434-49ea-b850-e2810e9eee85">Re: Oh, helllooooo</a>:
    [QUOTE] I think children and animals can see stuff we (adults) can't.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

I agree. I probably read into things too much, but I have thought before that DS sees or senses things that I can't.
  • Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oh-helllooooo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:702884a0-1a07-404d-9ff3-f54bb513a8b7Post:c52cbcc7-3434-49ea-b850-e2810e9eee85">Re: Oh, helllooooo</a>:
    [QUOTE] I think children and animals can see stuff we (adults) can't.

<div>I don't have any scary stories but I agree with this. </div>
  • Options
    Hiya! I don't believe in ghosts, but if I did I'd swear that one lived in the house I grew up in. The sound of a person walking up the stairs was so convincing that my father actually tell us to stay in the lounge with my mother and would go and check to see if there was someone walking up there some nights.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oh-helllooooo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:702884a0-1a07-404d-9ff3-f54bb513a8b7Post:51fb1a7d-e4c3-4cdf-8325-d3a3a1fff4f6">Re: Oh, helllooooo</a>:
    [QUOTE]I Absolutely did not believe in this stuff until I went on a trip with my girlfriends to her haunted vacation house and two of us snuck off to use a oujia board. By far the scariest moment of my life!
    Posted by alyssag721[/QUOTE]

I don't think oujia boards should be marketed as toys. Or shouldn't have been. I don't really see them alot anymore.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oh-helllooooo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:702884a0-1a07-404d-9ff3-f54bb513a8b7Post:1b3565ee-ee25-4293-ab9d-c332cdb5ed12">Re: Oh, helllooooo</a>:
    [QUOTE]sara: have you talked to your dude yet? when are y'all meeting again!?
    Posted by katy0293[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we've talked a bit today. He wanted to go out this weekend, but I won't be home all weekend. So I think it's gonna be next weekend. He works 4am-noon everyday, and I work til 9pm and dont get home until 10, so during the week its not convenient to do anything, which kinda sucks.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oh-helllooooo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:702884a0-1a07-404d-9ff3-f54bb513a8b7Post:ef180c8b-da0b-4a79-95e7-3139c5008fa5">Re: Oh, helllooooo</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh, helllooooo : I don't think oujia boards should be marketed as toys. Or shouldn't have been. I don't really see them alot anymore.
    Posted by dandan83[/QUOTE]

<div>Me either, at least not anymore! That was some serious stuff. My FI pretty much gave me training on how to use it and made me promise to do it right (he used to date a creepy witch girl that was into this stuff and it scared the crap out of him, but now he is an expert haha)</div>
  • Options
    yeah, working out work schedules in the beginning of a relationship is always tough... y'all will figure it out though =) glad you enjoyed your date!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    oh I thought of a scary-ish story. 

My Aunt used to live in this old house. In the bathroom there is this antique toothbrush holder attached to the wall, the holes for the toothbrushes are too small for the toothbrushes nowadays. Every once in a while she would find the tip of her toothbrush shoved into the toothbrush holder. It wasn't her because the toothbrush doesn't even fit in it and she lives alone. Also, the taps would just randomly turn on.

• Options
    Sara, I didn't even know you went out with someone.  Tell me more.

I have a funny/creepy story.  N's family is big into "family" time which usually involves some kind of game or movie after family dinner.  One night we go over there and his younger sisters want to play with a Ouija board.  Okay, I think it's not a good idea(hey, I saw the Exorcist),  but whatever, we do it.  So we "make contact" and the little dial is moving for questions--totes creepy.  Then his sister K asks what its name is and the dial moves to F, then U then C and before it moves again his sister L shouts "OH NO, don't move to K!"

Also, it did move to K, then A, S, S.  Yes.  We were talking to a spirit named Fuckass.  I called my friend afterward and was like, "C'mon, fuckass?" and she countered with "Look at the pranks we play now.  You really think you won't do it when you're dead?" To which I had no real response.
  • Options
    Hi! You're up late Nates. :)
  • Options
    I want to visit this place one day! Clicky

They do overnight visits which I'm really interested in, but I'm not sure if I could make it all the way through the night.
  • Options
    Haha Nates, I guess better to get one with a sense of humor than an angry one!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oh-helllooooo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:702884a0-1a07-404d-9ff3-f54bb513a8b7Post:7458d87b-b193-44eb-b61d-6021d90d8d7f">Re: Oh, helllooooo</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sara, I didn't even know you went out with someone.  Tell me more. I have a funny/creepy story.  N's family is big into "family" time which usually involves some kind of game or movie after family dinner.  One night we go over there and his younger sisters want to play with a Ouija board.  Okay, I think it's not a good idea(hey, I saw the Exorcist),  but whatever, we do it.  So we "make contact" and the little dial is moving for questions--totes creepy.  Then his sister K asks what its name is and the dial moves to F, then U then C and before it moves again his sister L shouts "OH NO, don't move to K!" Also, it did move to K, then A, S, S.  Yes.  We were talking to a spirit named Fuckass.  I called my friend afterward and was like, "C'mon, fuckass?" and she countered with "Look at the pranks we play now.  You really think you won't do it when you're dead?" To which I had no real response.

haha That is pretty awesome.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oh-helllooooo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:702884a0-1a07-404d-9ff3-f54bb513a8b7Post:7458d87b-b193-44eb-b61d-6021d90d8d7f">Re: Oh, helllooooo</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sara, I didn't even know you went out with someone.  Tell me more. I have a funny/creepy story.  N's family is big into "family" time which usually involves some kind of game or movie after family dinner.  One night we go over there and his younger sisters want to play with a Ouija board.  Okay, I think it's not a good idea(hey, I saw the Exorcist),  but whatever, we do it.  So we "make contact" and the little dial is moving for questions--totes creepy.  Then his sister K asks what its name is and the dial moves to F, then U then C and before it moves again his sister L shouts "OH NO, don't move to K!" Also, it did move to K, then A, S, S.  Yes.  We were talking to a spirit named Fuckass.  I called my friend afterward and was like, "C'mon, fuckass?" and she countered with "Look at the pranks we play now.  You really think you won't do it when you're dead?" To which I had no real response.

I literally almost choked on my soda...effin hilarious!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_oh-helllooooo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:702884a0-1a07-404d-9ff3-f54bb513a8b7Post:7d91196e-0baa-4f87-b2c4-4fe48953d484">Re: Oh, helllooooo</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha Nates, I guess better to get one with a sense of humor than an angry one!
    Posted by alyssag721[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am pretty sure I believe in ghosts, but they sure freak me out. At least some are good for a laugh.
  • Options
    Spring Break, CCF.  I'm walking on the wild side :)

These are some creepy stories!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards