Snarky Brides
Options

True Blood (spoilers)

Unless I missed it completely, I haven't seen a thread yet, so here goes.

As far as season finales go, this one kind of bummed me out. I wanted much more action and drama. Like last season, even though I hated Maryann, that last episode was intense. 

I hate that Jesus is a witch. I love Lafeyette and I think this is going to end badly for him. Along that note, WTF is with Tara? She just chops off all her hair and leaves town because Sam is a shifter? She needs to grow up already and get over herself.

I hope Tommy isn't dead. Ever since finding out Sam is really just a thief and a murderer, I was totally rooting for him to get away with the money. And, I feel bad for him. When he said he couldn't read, I just wanted to give him a hug.

Learning about Bill was also disappointing. I swear, they've taken all the good guys this season and turned them into buttholes. I'm hoping now Sookie hooks up with Eric or Alcide. And her laugh when she destroyed what was left of Talbot was creepy. I'm glad Eric isn't dead. And, he looked hot with all that concrete covering him. But how did Pam know where he was?

As for Jason, I don't really understand what he's supposed to do with the people of Hotshot. They were some eerie looking people too. He got himself arrested because he got them out before the DEA, so how is he uspposed to care for them?

Re: True Blood (spoilers)

• Options
    I'm new but want to join in the True Blood discussion!

Did anyone else catch when Jesus said something like, "seeing what people really are inside or what they're trying to hide". Lafeyette saw Rene with Arlene, blood on Sam's hand, and Jesus with some monster type head. What he saw with Arlene and Sam are things concerning their past/what they're dealing with currently as well. Makes me wonder if Jesus has good intentions, since Lafeyette saw him like a monster or whatever that was.

Tara has been getting on my nerves since mid second season. She needs to grow some balls and deal that there's supernatural beings around her.

I was disappointed with Bill as well. I've been routing for him since day one, but now I'm not so sure.

I'm guessing Pam sensed Eric in danger, since he is her maker, and came to rescue him.

Jason has been starting to get on my nerves as well this season.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I missed Jesus with a monster head, but I had a bad feeling about him from the beginning anyway. Probably because no one ever seems to have a relationship that works out. But I wonder if it really is temporary and will wear off like he said, or if Jesus did something to Lafeyette.
  • Options
    Jesus being a witch is setting up for next season.  (remember, Holly is a witch, too.)

I kind of love the storyline that is going on with Layfayette and Jesus.  I think the V opened Layfayette up to something that was hidden within him (he comes from a line of seerers, and both his mom and Jesus recognized that he had "power.")
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Also - I think the "monster head" signified that Jesus is a shaman/witch doctor type of person.

I love Tara, and I don't understand why everyone finds her annoying.  She's been set up for a hard fall since season 1, when the voodoo woman pointed out that she was troubled and needed to fix herself.

I hate Sam's storyline.  Hate it.  I hope that Tommy's still alive, but I don't think that he is.

Best line of the episode; Jason - "Sometimes doing the right thing means doing the wrong thing."  I love him so much, and I really like the way they're handling the Crystal storyline.  And, was anyone else shocked that they blew out Calvin Norris' brains.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_true-blood-spoilers-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:70a153b8-e9d6-4568-bc73-803b751fd52ePost:fde1baf8-843b-40ae-ba32-b3fb75552e21">Re: True Blood (spoilers)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also - I think the "monster head" signified that Jesus is a shaman/witch doctor type of person.
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

Good point. I've liked Jesus since he first showed up, but I'm still wary of his intentions. Maybe it's because it seems like everyone has a sordid past somehow? I'm definitely interested to see how that story line plays out.
  • Options
    I do feel bad for Tommy, and hope he isn't dead as well. Sam might have been a killer in his past, but I don't think that's what he wants to be.

Jason is just so easily persuaded, and I think that is what bothers me about him. I know that's his character, but it's still a bit annoying. Though I do find it honorable of him to take care of the people of HotShot. Even if it means him spending time in jail to do so. I don't think Andy will keep him in jail long though, if at all.
  • Options
    Upon thinking about it, and without giving out too much info from the books, I question Jesus's intentions too.  In the book, there's a "witch war."  Holly's character is in the book, and is a "good witch."  Jesus's character is not in the book, and I wonder if maybe they're setting up the witch war by introducing us to someone from each side early on.  Hmmm.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_true-blood-spoilers-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:70a153b8-e9d6-4568-bc73-803b751fd52ePost:ae92f739-ff32-4ec9-95a4-b36dc05267ae">Re: True Blood (spoilers)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jesus being a witch is setting up for next season.  (remember, Holly is a witch, too.) I kind of love the storyline that is going on with Layfayette and Jesus.  I think the V opened Layfayette up to something that was hidden within him (he comes from a line of seerers, and both his mom and Jesus recognized that he had "power.")

Who is Holly? I am completely blanking on that name. I like that Lafeyette is opening up to what powers he may have, but I just don't like Jesus. Something about his character irritates me.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_true-blood-spoilers-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:70a153b8-e9d6-4568-bc73-803b751fd52ePost:41e6c4b5-2ac1-42ae-aa44-3f3d04a4fb9c">Re: True Blood (spoilers)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do feel bad for Tommy, and hope he isn't dead as well. Sam might have been a killer in his past, but I don't think that's what he wants to be. Jason is just so easily persuaded, and I think that is what bothers me about him. I know that's his character, but it's still a bit annoying. Though I do find it honorable of him to take care of the people of HotShot. Even if it means him spending time in jail to do so. I don't think Andy will keep him in jail long though, if at all.
    Posted by randikins[/QUOTE]

My problem with the Jason/Crystal storyline is that is all seemed so rushed. Like, he saw her in HotShot once and all of a sudden he's in love and has to rescue her. They don't seem to have any chemistry to me and I just don't understand why he's so willing to stick his neck out for her, he hardly knows her.

But I guess that's his character, he's gullible and people can easily use him.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_true-blood-spoilers-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:70a153b8-e9d6-4568-bc73-803b751fd52ePost:c86121e4-fe81-443c-baa6-8255b87869d3">Re: True Blood (spoilers)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: True Blood (spoilers) : Who is Holly? I am completely blanking on that name. I like that Lafeyette is opening up to what powers he may have, but I just don't like Jesus. Something about his character irritates me.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]
    Holly is the new waitress at Merlotte's.  She's the one that tried to help Arlene with the abortion.
  • Options

I'm currently reading the first book right now and I'm really enjoying it. A lot of times the movies/series doesn't like up to the book, but in this case I'm enjoying the differences right now. Of course it's early on so that could change.

A 'witch war' seems like it has potential to be a really good story line.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_true-blood-spoilers-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:70a153b8-e9d6-4568-bc73-803b751fd52ePost:792a660f-9b91-48ed-a0b9-a31c2e13caed">Re: True Blood (spoilers)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: True Blood (spoilers) : My problem with the Jason/Crystal storyline is that is all seemed so rushed. Like, he saw her in HotShot once and all of a sudden he's in love and has to rescue her. They don't seem to have any chemistry to me and I just don't understand why he's so willing to stick his neck out for her, he hardly knows her. But I guess that's his character, he's gullible and people can easily use him.

I agree!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_true-blood-spoilers-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:70a153b8-e9d6-4568-bc73-803b751fd52ePost:1f0da3bb-e22c-432e-b96d-b61bed86ecde">Re: True Blood (spoilers)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm currently reading the first book right now and I'm really enjoying it. A lot of times the movies/series doesn't like up to the book, but in this case I'm enjoying the differences right now. Of course it's early on so that could change. A 'witch war' seems like it has potential to be a really good story line.
    Posted by randikins[/QUOTE]
    The seasons loosely follow the books, but there are a lot of differences.  I prefer it that way, and I personally think the series is better.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_true-blood-spoilers-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:70a153b8-e9d6-4568-bc73-803b751fd52ePost:49ac0795-09de-4d4c-ae55-329278160a76">Re: True Blood (spoilers)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: True Blood (spoilers) : Holly is the new waitress at Merlotte's.  She's the one that tried to help Arlene with the abortion.

That's right, I'd forgotten her name.I wonder if that will come up next season, some storyline with the baby since the abortion didn't work. It seems to be setting the stage for a baby with powers.

A witch war could be kind of cool.
  • Options
    I like Holly's character. I also like that Arlene didn't lose the baby after Holly's help. Even though it's Rene's baby, I think Arlene is stressing a tad much. It's not like Rene had any supernatural powers, so the baby could turn out just fine. But that's me thinking the best of the situation.

Oh and Terry's character, I really enjoy. It's very endearing.
  • Options
    Book 4 is by far my favorite of the books. 

Warning, book spoiler:

It's also where Eric gets amnesia and he and Sookie get hot-n-heavy.
  • Options

Another book spoiler......

I haven't gotten to this part in the book, but I know Lafeyette dies in the first book. I am very happy they kept him on the show, I've loved his character since day one. I'm sure once I get to that part, I'll be thinking the series is a tad better, just because of Lafeyette.

Eric and Sookie get it on? Finally. That's a lot of built up sexual tension.

• Options
    What Arlene seems to be forgetting is that while Rene was evil, his whole family wasn't. His sister was a good person, and there was no indication that any other family member was a serial killer. She's so focused on having an evil baby that she can't consider the possibiliy of her kid being good. After all, Arlene isn't evil.

Tide--I'd heard that spoiler before. It sounds exciting.
  • Options
    Sesh, that's why I think Arlene is being overdramatic. There's a very good chance that baby will be ok, especially with Terry still wanting to be the father.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_true-blood-spoilers-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:70a153b8-e9d6-4568-bc73-803b751fd52ePost:a69b8d4e-8572-447c-b497-e8601cdb9abf">Re: True Blood (spoilers)</a>:
    [QUOTE]What Arlene seems to be forgetting is that while Rene was evil, his whole family wasn't. His sister was a good person, and there was no indication that any other family member was a serial killer.<strong> She's so focused on having an evil baby that she can't consider the possibiliy of her kid being good. After all, Arlene isn't evil</strong>. Tide--I'd heard that spoiler before. It sounds exciting.
    I agree, but I can understand why she's upset.  I think it would be pretty traumatizing to find out that you were engaged to a serial killer, and let him around your kids.  Plus, Arlene's a bit gullible/dense herself.
  • Options
    I would just like to say that I am extremely jealous of everyone who got to watch the season finale!  For some reason, for the last week, my HBO has been in Spanish.  Unfortunately, we're not technically supposed to have HBO, so it's not like we can call the cable company and ask about it.

We were hoping it was just the movies and not the TV shows that were in Spanish.  I could hear FI from the other room "NOOOOOOOO!" when it came on.  : (
  • Options
    I'm late, but Pam knew where Eric was because he is her maker. Jessica could sense Bill when he got kidnapped.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_true-blood-spoilers-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:70a153b8-e9d6-4568-bc73-803b751fd52ePost:050b9ab5-efbe-4102-8b2f-1ea430cdf209">True Blood (spoilers)</a>:
    [QUOTE]As far as season finales go, this one kind of bummed me out. I wanted much more action and drama. Like last season, even though I hated Maryann, that last episode was intense. 

This was my reaction exactly.  I felt like I spent the entire episode waiting for the episode to start. 

Did you notice the creepy doll on the floor in Hoyt's new place?  I wonder if it's an allusion to Summer. 
  • Options
    I did notice the creepy doll, H and I were both like, "WTF was that? Obviously it means something, but....what?" I told H I want them to have little vampire babies, but I doubt that's possible.

I don't know who Summer is. Is she a book character? Or am I forgetting the name of yet another character already in the show like I did Holly?
  • Options
    Summer is Hoyt's ex-girlfriend.  The overly perky blond you probably want to smack with a rolled up newspaper until she stops simpering.

She isn't in the books.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, see I forgot about her too. Actually, I don't think I ever knew her name. I tuned her out ebcause she irritated me. I also forgot that hoyt's mother was at the gun shop towards the end of the episode too, so I bet they will have something planned.

Summer is his mother's long-lost daughter in spirit, they are just alike and annoying as hell.
  • Options
    Okay, so I'm way late.

I hate the changes in Sam's character from the books.  Also, Calvin Norris.  They were both guys I liked and I hate how they're jerks on the show, although I do like that the show doesn't follow the books exactly because it feels like I'm seeing something new.

I LOVED book 4; it was by far my favorite, too.  i wasn't too into the witch war in general, but I loved the Eric/Sookie storyline.

I hate Tara and wish she'd get killed off, but I know she probably won't.  I love Lafayette and I'm so glad the show expanded his character.  I don't trust Jesus at all.  There is something seriously shady about him, although I can't put my finger on what it is. 

I love Hoyt.  I think he is so adorable and sweet and I think that doesn't come across as well in the books, since he's such a minor character.  I do love me some Jason, even though he's dumb as hell, but I was never really into the whole Crystal storyline.  I think the Crystal storyline was pretty rushed (in the beginning) in the books, as well, in terms of them ending up together.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards