Snarky Brides
Options

Constellation books

This is really random I know, but does anyone know of any constellation books or cheap telescopes? H and I were just sitting on our front steps and we continue to be amazed by the clarity of the stars out here. I would like to be able to identify some constellations and look at the moon and actually see things, but don't know where to start. I've looked a bit online (like, for 5 minutes) but everything is all "Look 50 degrees to the ascension of..." and not helpful.

Re: Constellation books

• Options
    Boy you are full of random today. Keeps the knot interesting.

I'm sorry I've got nothing. Maybe start at the library?
    I'm guessing at this point Kate.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I know, I'm having a random day. I've been gluten free for a week now and I think the higher energy levels are making me crazy :) That and work is amazingly slow, but because of our space situation I end up just walking around the hallways all day thinking these things in my head to keep me entertained.
  • Options
    Not books, but my phone has a sweet app that helps you identify them all ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_constellation-books?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:70eeaef4-867b-47b0-a6fb-c817c181868cPost:0a053d8c-3509-4c52-a07f-f3be353a978e">Re: Constellation books</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know, I'm having a random day. I've been gluten free for a week now and I think the higher energy levels are making me crazy :) That and work is amazingly slow, but because of our space situation I end up just walking around the hallways all day thinking these things in my head to keep me entertained.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw you were Gluten Free -ish......I was going to ask what that means. Lol.
  • Options
    Gluten= wheat and certain other grains and stuff.
    So basically nothing that is made with wheat flour. Breads, crackers, cookies, some soups, some chips, you know, everything yummy. But I was reading some studies linking gluten intolerances to miscarriages, and I figure if I go gluten free for a month and don't feel different no harm done.
    The thing I've noticed so far is I sleep like a baby. Nothing wakes me up and I feel refreshed and awake. Plus my pooch has gone away and my thighs are slimming down. I hate it when mom is right...
  • Options
    There is a computer program called Starry Night that is Awesome!  It shows you exactly what is in your sky and how to find it.  My brother has it and is a bit of an amateur astronomer.  He just uses a telescope he bought at Hobby Lobby for a little over $100
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_constellation-books?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:70eeaef4-867b-47b0-a6fb-c817c181868cPost:db0fe4a8-e873-4b91-b24a-a5496fa417ba">Re: Constellation books</a>:
    [QUOTE]Gluten= wheat and certain other grains and stuff. So basically nothing that is made with wheat flour. Breads, crackers, cookies, some soups, some chips, you know, everything yummy. But I was reading some studies linking gluten intolerances to miscarriages, and I figure if I go gluten free for a month and don't feel different no harm done. The thing I've noticed so far is I sleep like a baby. Nothing wakes me up and I feel refreshed and awake. Plus my pooch has gone away and my thighs are slimming down. I hate it when mom is right...
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

No I understand the Gluten free, I'm asking what the "ish" means.
  • Options
    I think I've only tried one gluten free product, and I begged for them to put it back. I'm sure there are better things now.

Kudos to you for sticking with it at any capacity.
  • Options
    Oh you and your fancy phones...Want to come visit me so your phone can point out the constellations? :)

So far it's not too bad. My mom has been GF for so long she's weeded out all the bad products. There's no way bread and pasta will ever leave our house though, so that's where the pills have been really nice.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm not a huge bread person, but its DH's weakness.

Yeah all my phone does is dial numbers. Nothing fancy here.
  • Options
    My grandma is gluten free (for about maybe 6months?) and she lost 16lbs and feels like she has more energy and it has helped with her narcolepsy. She is also on the "eat to live" plan, she can have as much veggies and fruits and beans as she wants but that's all she eats (she is a vegetarian) and it has some other rules for meat eaters and such. [end ramble]

I tried to get Kyle to download that star app on his phone (he got the new samsung fascinate this weekend and its awesome) but he didn't want to. I have heard its pretty cool.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Same here. It dials numbers and texts. I'm thinking of downgrading even more to a trac phone when our contract is up. I never use my cell anymore and I think we might use 200 out of our 1400 minutes a month, which is ridiculous. But you have to get the 1400 minutes to get unlimited text.
  • Options

We have a cheap telescope that came from Sam's Club.  It can find tons of stuff automatically - it came with a book full of stuff to enter in and it zooms to it.  Problem is it is so crappy, it just all looks about the same without the telescope.  I have seen Saturn and Jupiter, but they both looked like stars.

There are no lights in my neighborhood.  I want to get a better one.  We spend a lot of time outside and it is fun to have it...even if it is junk.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wow Katie that is amazing. Go mom go! I went gluten free for over 2 months but I had no difference with the way I felt and I did not loose any weight so I gave up. I missed pasta too much. But They actually have gluten free pasta and gluten free bread, im not sure how good it is.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    The one that looks like a W is Casseopeia. That's all I got.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards