Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Poll: Favorite Meal

I'm just trying to get ideas for new, specifically easy, recipes. What do you and your DH like to eat?

Re: Poll: Favorite Meal

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll play too. I just got a great manicotti recipe I can't wait to try! DH and I like chicken enchiladas, chicken tetrazini, and an enchilada casserole that's really easy.
  • Options
    lyndie_bethlyndie_beth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He loves my chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes, although he doesn't get them very often because my hips can't handle it!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pot roast - easy my biggest hit. Breakfast for dinner (sans the eggs b/c of Fi's allergies) Cheesy chicken and rice casserole Chicken and Dumplings Those are a few that we do quite a bit, let me know if you want any of the recipes : )
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd love the chicken fried steak, pot roast, and cheesy something casserole (LOL) recipes!! ASmith18 at twu dot edu
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're boring and DH is a health nut (except when it comes to chocolate). He doesn't like much pasta or easy cheesy caseroles... makes my life harder, but I guess it's a good thing, because I can eat that stuff ALL DAY! We eat lots of chicken, broccolli, and brown rice... but all cooked different ways. Occasionally I make chicken enchiladas, which we both love or a healthier version of pizza.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Here's the link for the Cheesy Chicken Casserole - it's actually a recipe from the Campbell's web site.  They have some really quick and tasty recipes : )http://tinyurl.com/lothpy
  • Options
    megandchasemegandchase member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we like the beef and broccoli recipe from the biggest loser cook book and then for a quick and easy dinner that makes the BEST left overs is my goulash! yum so making that tonight so i can have it tom for lunch too haha
    Anniversary Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    TCUESW1999TCUESW1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I get most of my recipes from Paula Deen or Southern Living Magazine/website. Have you tried Delish.com, allrecipes.com or Better Homes and Gardens website? There are lots of recipes there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We grill almost every night.  I love to make ka-bobs, all different kinds (fish, chicken, beef, veggie).  They're so good & easy!
  • Options
    txtechgaltxtechgal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Breakfast for dinner is always a hit.I make an easy stuffed chicken, pound them thin then put spoonful of cream cheese mixture in them and roll up secure with toothpick and back until done. Cream cheese mixture: savory cream cheese i.e. garden veggie, mix with parmesan cheese, garlic powder, mozerella cheese and real bacon crumbles He also loves shake and bake chicken, you can create your own with breadcrumbs and your own mix of seasoning.Chicken Quesadillas
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh, I am so hungry.I love to make a Pot Roast in the crockpot.  I start it in the morning when I leave (make it up the night before) and when we get home, it's falling apart and delicious.  I just tenderize/season it, throw in onion, celery, new potatoes, carrots, and a can of beef broth.  Voila!I also have a turkey chili that FI loves.  Spaghetti and tacos are also big hits.  He swears he can eat this forever but I feel I'm going to have to get more creative.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry the bold.....how do I get rid of it?
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The magazine Real Simple has great (and often healthy) 30-40 minute recipes. We eat a lot of pasta because it's easy.  I usually get organic whole wheat.  My favorite is whole wheat rigatoni/penne with Italian sausage, broccolini, and onions in a spicy arrabiata sauce. We also eat a lot of weird pizzas.  Central Market sells a great refrigerated pizza dough from their bakery.  I like weird combinations like*blue cheese, fig, and proscuitto*mortadello and mozzarrella*fontina, pear, drizzled with a touch of basil olive oil and topped with lots of fresh arugula*and the classic mozzarrella, basil, and tomato In the summer, buy lots of produce and make great salads, like*watermelon and arugula*grapefruit, avocado, butter lettuce, and walnuts*this is my all time favorite salad: arugula, blood oranges (only in season in November and May), grapes, topped with walnuts and a lemon-honey dressingFI also likes it when I make fried rice, but it's not that healthy so I don't make it too often.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    With my pot roast I put in a packet or two of the dry onion soup mix - makes it delish!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I might have started the bold with my tinyurl, my apologies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Alyssa, I do that too sometimes! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I meant--use the onion soup mix, not make everything bold (although I've probably done that too!)
  • Options
    tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shepard's pieGarlic butter shrimp(this one is really easy)And his favorite: macaroni pie(trinidadian dish that is a family recipe and is basically a baked macaroni and cheese.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lol, I thought I did it...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Baked chicken, mashed potatoes, and veggies with rolls. Delicious!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We do alot of taco salads, but with turkey meat. Pita pizzas We also grill alot. Mostly chicken breasts that I marinade with STUBBS marinade or pork chops. We typically will keep it simple with a protein and vegatable. Also, we LOVE grilling pineapple for a dessert. If you have a grill pan that will work too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Crap, I don't really cook....I guess I have a lot to learn before October!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kraftfoods.com  I love it because you can pick what ingredients you have and it will tell you what meal you can make.  I am severely cooking challenged but the stuffed chicken breast recipes on the kraft site are super easy but taste and look excellent. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! This helped a lot! I've got almost ten new recipes I know DH and I will love!
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I almost always (with the exception of healthy soups/turkey chili in the winter) mix and match a protein, veggie, and starch to keep healthy meals interesting.Proteins: Fish of any kind, shrimp, chicken or turkey cutlets, lean pork chops or pork loinVeggies: Sauteed spinach, zucchini, roasted tomatoes (cut in half with a little breadcrumbs and parmesan or feta), broccoli, saladStarches: Brown rice, whole wheat couscous or other pasta, whole wheat bread, quinoa, roasted potatoes if I'm feeling dangerousThe other day I cooked an entire meal on the grill by myself for the first time! Chicken, corn on the cob, potatoes plus a side salad. Yum!
  • Options
    mandasue178mandasue178 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Kraft foods one pot wonders. I made the weeknight lasagna toss last night. It was soooo good!
    Becoming My Mother
    Names for our Currently Non-Existent Baby Anniversary
    Dx: PCOS 3/11
    **TTC buddies with Browneyedhunni85**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards