Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

FFF: Flame Free Friday!

Re: FFF: Flame Free Friday!

• edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear that your dad said that to you Rene.  It was totally uncalled for and kudos to you for being the bigger person...I would have been tempted to ask him to leave!
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what's wrong with me.  I am usually very ready to go back to school around this time because I'm so bored and too broke to be able to entertain myself.  I'm not bored and I'm not really spending a bunch of money.  I just don't feel the desire to go back.  Bill and I discussed it as being very content and no longer needing work to feel the empty hours. 
  • JessAndColtonJessAndColton member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Happy birthday!!! :)Nae, I am so sorry about all of that. You don't deserve that at all. What a buttface.
  • TCUESW1999TCUESW1999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought "Beer Summit" was completely stupid, pointless and a waste of time.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone! Surprisingly, I don't really care too much. The only part that got to me at all, was him coming in there right before the ceremony and saying that. I almost told him to just go home, but once they opened the doors and I saw everyone else there, I couldn't stop smiling! With all of the mishaps.. I still could not have asked for a better wedding. Many guests have said that it was the best wdding they ever attended! (Though I'm sure they havent been to many knottie's weddings lol) There were so many raves about the food, the cake, and all of the details that it made up for EVERYTHING!
  • edited December 2011
    I am doing very little to no work today at work. I don't want to work so I am not going to, thank goodness I am the only manager here for most of the day. In an effort to avoid drama I am going to keep my flame to myself.
  • callie_knotcallie_knot member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nae - I am so sorry about you having to go through that on your wedding day. No one should have to go through that. That seems very selfish to me you can't just smile and hold it in and let your daughter enjoy her day. Love your siggy pic btw!
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nae, I am both sorry to hear what happened and happy for you too.My "meet the parents dinner" is in two weeks and although my dad RSVPd that he will attend, I am already dreading it.
  • edited December 2011
    I am curious Amber...
  • edited December 2011
    I think abbeynjames is Toi. It makes me think it even more with her post in Jess's post.
    edited December 2011
    Toi?I've noticed that a few people haven't come back since being called out on the possibility of them being vendors or posting stuff about their business on their siggy.  Kind of proves the only reason they were even here in the first place.
  • edited December 2011
    Rene, I'm glad that you still had a wonderful wedding! I don't know if i could have handled him coming in before the ceremony and asking that... major props to you! Happy birthday TCU! I recently moved to a new building for work and sit next to my boss' "other team".  There is a lady who is probably in her 60s and has wore her hair in pigtails everyday this week. I had to stop myself from laughing when I was walking behind her earlier.
  • edited December 2011
    Julie, Toi is ArtTeacher's mom.    
  • edited December 2011
    I miss Cariepage (sp?) post...they make me laugh....Since Mariah is the "ruler of the knot" maybe she won't come back! haha JK!
  • edited December 2011
    I thought "Beer Summit" was completely stupid, pointless and a waste of time.COMPLETELY agree!!! 
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, Nae.I really did miss something being gone all that time at the beginning of July.  Kind of wish I'd snuck a few peaks while I was in NYC.
  • appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow rene what an @ss! Kudos to you for taking the high road and not letting your dad damper your day! Yay for being married! :D
  • edited December 2011
    haha.. someone on another board just told me that he looks like he's at a funeral, not a wedding... agreed.
  • edited December 2011
    Renee you looked great! I am sorry about your father. One day maybe he will realize what a jerk he was on the post important day of your life.
  • edited December 2011
    My FI is out gun shopping and it really pisses me off b/c there are things that we want for the house... and blowing $500 on a gun seems ridiculous to me.  But guns are the only thing that he asks for and I don't feel like I can tell him that he can't buy one. I guess he has my wrapped around his little finger.
  • edited December 2011
    --My husband does that with golf stuff! He complains we can't afford this and that , but then spends to no limit on golf.
  • edited December 2011
    I woke up to stinky from the cats. I hate them more and more everyday.
  • edited December 2011
    Yea, I feel bad b/c we saved pretty hardcore to get the house, and he was on a pretty tight budget for awhile... so I feel like he should be able to buy things for himself, but I just keep thinking that his gun could be the new TV that we've been wanting.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry Rene, I cannot believe he did that to you. Did he walk you down the aisle?
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, and I will be on the beach for a week starting tomorrow! I'll think of you all as I sip margaritas...flame away :)
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • edited December 2011
    God I would love to be headed to the beach.  Drink a margarita for me Marissa.
  • edited December 2011
    I'd love to sit down and have a beer with Obama.  I'm reading his book Dreams of my Father.  Love. It. I'd totally pick his brain and then suggest he have a Shiner instead of a Bud Light.  "It's ok to drink a dark beer. Those extra calories won't kill you, Mr. President. You'll thank me later. I promise".
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Mariah (about the beer).  Then again... maybe that's where I've been going wrong.  He is in good shape.  Although if being skinny means I have to drink Bud Lite, I'll stay chubby thankyouverymuch.
  • edited December 2011
    I think abbeynjames is Toi. It makes me think it even more with her post in Jess's post. Case in point: the TTD/epics post.
  • DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nae, sorry to hear about your dad on the wedding day.  It's weird when you just want to tell your parents to grow up!  You're a stronger woman than me, I probably would've been an angry wreck.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards