Snarky Brides
Options

You'd think it was a holiday or something around here...

Evening Ladies!

My home is once again mine and not controlled by the masses.

Anyone have a productive day?  Anything fun?  Can I finally talk about Christmas again now that Thanksgiving is officially done?

Hi.  I missed y'all.

Re: You'd think it was a holiday or something around here...

• Options
    I'm back home, belly full, tired from driving. Hi Anna!
  • Options
    anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_youd-think-holiday-ro-something-around-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:767552c1-9dd0-4d80-a7a2-2dca0231759dPost:3124995f-4d30-4998-ab80-9b28270af4e6">Re: You'd think it was a holiday or something around here...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm back home, belly full, tired from driving. Hi Anna!
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]

Hi Bec!  "Belly full " is the phrase of the day.  I was so stuffed i didn't have room for pie.  Luckily, i have all the leftovers so I can have some later.  Did you have fun?
  • Options
    Yes! I've mastered the art of showing up at my mom's after my dumbass brother leaves so that I can continue to pretend he does not exist. I also missed my sisters and their drama. By the time I arrived it was just my family and my parents. It was perfect! :)

We ate ourselves sick and watched the parade that DH was in this morning. Now I really want to pretend I'm going shopping at 3am so I can go ahead and go to bed. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_youd-think-holiday-ro-something-around-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:767552c1-9dd0-4d80-a7a2-2dca0231759dPost:dc559ea3-2e36-4e19-bf13-4d51fbcf1854">Re: You'd think it was a holiday or something around here...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes! I've mastered the art of showing up at my mom's after my dumbass brother leaves so that I can continue to pretend he does not exist. I also missed my sisters and their drama. By the time I arrived it was just my family and my parents. It was perfect! :) We ate ourselves sick and watched the parade that DH was in this morning. Now I really want to pretend I'm going shopping at 3am so I can go ahead and go to bed. :)

Nice!  My brother helped me with all the dishes and clearing the table.  He's 19 and I was shocked.  Turns out, he was hoping i would send some leftovers with him.  Who knew labor could be bought so cheap?
  • Options
    Hi Anna and Bec!  I'm home from the gym now and about the tackle the pile of dishes in the sink, and we didn't even cook today!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2010
    Heeeey. This fvcking visa sh*t is driving me insane. Website says send in these forms. Form says to include these documents. Letter says send in these forms, and here's a list of random stuff that we won't tell you whether to send in or just have for the interview. Checklist to send in with forms says you have and will bring documents to the interview, but 90% of the documents are being sent in with the forms. Do I send in all the documents? Do I only send in the documents on the form that needs to be sent in?

Oh, and website says to send in this one form, then adds confirmation sheet. Confirmation sheet says DO NOT SUBMIT FULL APPLICATION. And I can't go back to get the full application without redoing it anyways. GAH.

What the flying fvck? Can I hope that there's a fracking immigration lawyer lurking in our midst?
  • Options
    I am sooo full. We took a break after dinner, and just went back and had dessert. Chocolate peanut butter pie...yum!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Any, that sounds like some sort of "who's on first" run around.  Fun!  Maybe send in copies and keep the originals?  Or does it say to send the originals?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_youd-think-holiday-ro-something-around-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:767552c1-9dd0-4d80-a7a2-2dca0231759dPost:7e5e82ae-9bfc-4d89-81a0-7f286b2ede24">Re: You'd think it was a holiday or something around here...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Anna and Bec!  I'm home from the gym now and about the tackle the pile of dishes in the sink, and we didn't even cook today!
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

No dishes here.. they are all miraculously clean!
  • Options
    Any- one of my friends is in her last year of law school. Her goal? Helping people become American citizens. She's from Columbia and watched how awful it was for her parents to get her legally.

But, sadly, I dont' think she knows enough yet to help you...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_youd-think-holiday-ro-something-around-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:767552c1-9dd0-4d80-a7a2-2dca0231759dPost:e6a79705-ccde-4e2b-ade0-665ed9dd020e">Re: You'd think it was a holiday or something around here...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Heeeey. This fvcking visa sh*t is driving me insane. Website says send in these forms. Form says to include these documents. Letter says send in these forms, and here's a list of random stuff that we won't tell you whether to send in or just have for the interview. Checklist to send in with forms says you have and will bring documents to the interview, but 90% of the documents are being sent in with the forms. Do I send in all the documents? Do I only send in the documents on the form that needs to be sent in? Oh, and website says to send in this one form, then adds confirmation sheet. Confirmation sheet says DO NOT SUBMIT FULL APPLICATION. And I can't go back to get the full application without redoing it anyways. GAH. What the flying fvck? Can I hope that there's a fracking immigration lawyer lurking in our midst?
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

They sure do make you jump through hoops. wow.  I have no clue about that stuff.
  • Options
    Little brothers are good for that.  H is usually the one that initiates dish doing at family gatherings.  He ropes in my brothers and makes it male bonding time.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_youd-think-holiday-ro-something-around-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:767552c1-9dd0-4d80-a7a2-2dca0231759dPost:f6ba812b-0abe-41ae-8c84-70bb014ad298">Re: You'd think it was a holiday or something around here...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Any, that sounds like some sort of "who's on first" run around.  Fun!  Maybe send in copies and keep the originals?  Or does it say to send the originals?
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

<div>Has to be originals for birth certificate and police check. The rest are all just printed forms. It's mostly the confirmation one. I got a letter, which told me to go to this website to see the list of forms I need to submit. It says:</div><div>
    </div><div><span style="color:#000000;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;line-height:normal;font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span"><ul><li style="padding-top:3px;padding-bottom:3px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;font-weight:normal;">Form DS-160 – one copy, available online at <a style="color:#003366;text-decoration:underline;" href="https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/" target="_blank">https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/</a></li></ul><p style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;font-weight:normal;color:#000000;"> </p><p style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;font-weight:normal;color:#000000;">Confirmation receipt regarding Form DS-160 - one copy, available online at<a style="color:#003366;text-decoration:underline;" href="https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/" target="_blank">https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/</a></p><p style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;font-weight:normal;color:#000000;"> </p><p style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;font-weight:normal;color:#000000;">So I did that. But the confirmation receipt says in all caps not to submit the full application? Like, wtf? </p></span></div>
  • Options
    I bet immigrating to Canada is WAY easier.  *hint hint*
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_youd-think-holiday-ro-something-around-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:767552c1-9dd0-4d80-a7a2-2dca0231759dPost:14126fe1-828c-44f8-a7ff-b281acdd7b61">Re: You'd think it was a holiday or something around here...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bet immigrating to Canada is WAY easier.  *hint hint*
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]
    Id put money on that bet.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_youd-think-holiday-ro-something-around-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:767552c1-9dd0-4d80-a7a2-2dca0231759dPost:14126fe1-828c-44f8-a7ff-b281acdd7b61">Re: You'd think it was a holiday or something around here...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bet immigrating to Canada is WAY easier.  *hint hint*
    Posted by raynes[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm pretty sure all you have to do is walk up to the border and be like "Hey, I wanna be Canadian!". If I had known what a fvckbitchshitstorm this was going to be, I would've made him move here. This is ridiculous and expensive and makes me want to cry and get wasted.</div>
  • Options
    Hi Y'all! We had the most amazing thanksgiving dinner at the GW's sister's house, and have been vegging out for the past 5 hours watching football and Mythbusters with my sister and BIL. My mom and stepdad and little sis are in town, as are one of my best friends and her FI, but we haven't seen any of them yet. The UT/A&M game is on in 10  minutes, so I predict more vegging. 

My mom is sick and I think I'm getting sick. But I don't care. We are staying as low key as possible. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_youd-think-holiday-ro-something-around-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:767552c1-9dd0-4d80-a7a2-2dca0231759dPost:ecd1abf3-c751-4796-88af-c23343384d08">Re: You'd think it was a holiday or something around here...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You'd think it was a holiday or something around here... : I'm pretty sure all you have to do is walk up to the border and be like "Hey, I wanna be Canadian!". If I had known what a fvckbitchshitstorm this was going to be, I would've made him move here. This is ridiculous and expensive and makes me want to cry and get wasted.
    Is it too late to change the plan?
  • Options
    Any, that sucks! It is certainly designed to keep people from immigrating legally. That's for sure!
  • Options
    Anysun, clearly your only solution is an anchor baby. GL! :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_youd-think-holiday-ro-something-around-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:767552c1-9dd0-4d80-a7a2-2dca0231759dPost:b475b0a7-e866-4d29-ac1e-e7039328c129">Re: You'd think it was a holiday or something around here...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You'd think it was a holiday or something around here... : Is it too late to change the plan?
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>Well, he already paid 500 bucks to file for this, and I've paid at least 200 in getting all my forms and whatnot. So we'd be out 700 dollars. And it's just a lot easier (visa procedures obviously excluded) for me to move down there, so we don't want to scrap it unless I get turned down. Worst that happens with this is I send it in, they send it back requesting more information, etc. and delays it another couple of months. Shitty, but at this point it's already going to be over a year. I'm just venting/hating life. </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_youd-think-holiday-ro-something-around-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:767552c1-9dd0-4d80-a7a2-2dca0231759dPost:145dd3d3-865a-4c3e-ac4d-dbae163ddb97">Re: You'd think it was a holiday or something around here...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Y'all! We had the most amazing thanksgiving dinner at the GW's sister's house, and have been vegging out for the past 5 hours watching football and Mythbusters with my sister and BIL. My mom and stepdad and little sis are in town, as are one of my best friends and her FI, but we haven't seen any of them yet. The UT/A&M game is on in 10  minutes, so I predict more vegging.  My mom is sick and I think I'm getting sick. But I don't care. We are staying as low key as possible. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

Feel better!  I've been feeling a cold coming on all day and it's been a real pain in the backside.  It seemed like everytime I had my hand in food, I'd have to rush to wash up just to blow my nose and wash up again.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_youd-think-holiday-ro-something-around-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:767552c1-9dd0-4d80-a7a2-2dca0231759dPost:53845144-0bf9-4845-ac39-29ab6ef83bad">Re: You'd think it was a holiday or something around here...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anysun, clearly your only solution is an anchor baby. GL! :)

true
  • Options
    =) Thanks guys. Sorry Anna, I didn't mean to take over your thread. Just really stressing with the whole surgery and not eating and now the stupid US not being clear.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_youd-think-holiday-ro-something-around-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:767552c1-9dd0-4d80-a7a2-2dca0231759dPost:f6ab3bf9-ec09-446d-9a3c-193535b2c7bb">Re: You'd think it was a holiday or something around here...</a>:
    [QUOTE]=) Thanks guys. Sorry Anna, I didn't mean to take over your thread. Just really stressing with the whole surgery and not eating and now the stupid US not being clear.

Feel free to takeover.  What's mine is yours  :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_youd-think-holiday-ro-something-around-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:767552c1-9dd0-4d80-a7a2-2dca0231759dPost:3497749c-19ec-4088-a23b-33663cae4155">Re: You'd think it was a holiday or something around here...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You'd think it was a holiday or something around here... : Feel better!  I've been feeling a cold coming on all day and it's been a real pain in the backside.  It seemed like everytime I had my hand in food, I'd have to rush to wash up just to blow my nose and wash up again.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks, Anna. We had a cold front blow through during lunch, so I'm thinking its some allergen that got stirred up. It will rain tomorrow and then hopefully be ok on Saturday.</div><div>
    </div><div>Any, my sister is very acquainted with immigration struggles and she says that anchor babies are merely a false concept created by Carl Rove. They actually have a friend who tried that in order to get into Canada, and he was turned away. Now I wonder what kind of people they hang out with  ;)  </div><div>
    </div><div>Can you claim some strange religious of political affiliation so you can get asylum status? </div>
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_youd-think-holiday-ro-something-around-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:767552c1-9dd0-4d80-a7a2-2dca0231759dPost:0a020cc6-5b45-49b3-9e86-bdab7a94f345">Re: You'd think it was a holiday or something around here...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You'd think it was a holiday or something around here... : Thanks, Anna. We had a cold front blow through during lunch, so I'm thinking its some allergen that got stirred up. It will rain tomorrow and then hopefully be ok on Saturday. Any, my sister is very acquainted with immigration struggles and she says that anchor babies are merely a false concept created by Carl Rove. They actually have a friend who tried that in order to get into Canada, and he was turned away. Now I wonder what kind of people they hang out with  ;)   <strong>Can you claim some strange religious of political affiliation so you can get asylum status? </strong>
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

<div>Hah, I wish. Stupid Canada is all tolerant of everything, so I doubt there's anything I could be that would qualify me. </div>
  • Options
    Any, I'm sending you lots of prayers and good vibes for a successful surgery and recovery!
  • Options
    Thanks! This is like, the most stress-inducing day I've had in forever. 
  • Options
    Heeyyyy! I had a day full of food, family and football. I had to listen to the game on my way home and decided that I needed beer. So now I'm drinking trying to recover from a near heart attack. But the Saints beat the Cowgirls!!

Sarah: Hope you get to feeling better.
    Any: Good luck with all your immigration crap.

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards