Snarky Brides
Options

Can't believe I forgot to tell you

I got invited to a honeymoon shower, complete with a poem about why I should give the bride and groom cash/gift cards/gas cards for their honeymoon. 

And it's for BSC bridesmaid who ruined my bachelorette party and has been rubbing it in my face all week that I wasn't invited to hers.  Good to know that I'm not good enough to go to the beach with her but that I am good enough to give her money.

If you missed it, this girl:

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_sorry-keep-whining-this

Re: Can't believe I forgot to tell you

• Options
    Geez heels, what's wrong with you?  Every bride has to pay for their specialprettyprettyprincess day/honeymoon somehow?!?!?!!!!!1111

Still think she's a bitch.
  • Options
    Please give her monopoly money.  Please give her monopoly money.

Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh my word. People are ridiculous, I don't get how anyone thinks  that stuff is ok.

Did you know, I didn't know your first name until someone said it to me? I was like who....? ohhh...
    Yea, I guess I was just going to meet you and be all like "hey heels!"
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cant-believe-forgot-tell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7a01bf63-5045-498e-a571-560b2068cc5ePost:b6394891-65ca-4ba1-bed1-5bb4191edade">Re: Can't believe I forgot to tell you</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please give her monopoly money.  Please give her monopoly money.
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

Epic, truly epic.  I am running and leaping onto this bandwagon.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cant-believe-forgot-tell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7a01bf63-5045-498e-a571-560b2068cc5ePost:b6394891-65ca-4ba1-bed1-5bb4191edade">Re: Can't believe I forgot to tell you</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please give her monopoly money.  Please give her monopoly money.
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

<div>This! Effing awesome! Send her $1523 in Monopoly money!</div>
    AMA over 40
    Massive uterine fibroids removed 3/06
    BFP 1/11; MM/C discovered @ 10w, loss at 6w; Cytotec
    B/W 7/11 = normal CD3, FSH 8.9; 7DPO progesterone 1.7
    Three Clomid cycles, all BFN, Off to an RE for me...
    FSH=8.7 E2=30 AMH=1.8 HSG clear, SA=great
    Inj. IUI #1 12/9/11 BFN, Inj. IUI #2 1/6/12 BFN
    Inj. IUI #3 1/30/12 BFP!, HCG doubled through 6w, 7w u/s mm/c twins
    Lost our known donor to unplanned pregnancy
    Factor V Leiden, Hetero, symptomatic
    Op Hysteroscopy 5/12, removed scar tissue and uterine septum
    Doing Cryo-DE IVF and older child adoption (Home visit- Check!)
    Beautiful hatching 5-blast transfered 8/30
    BFP 9/7/12 EDD May 19, 2013, beta #1=291 beta #2=762 beta #3=7306
    Sneek peak u/s shows HB at 6w1d!!! 123bpm!
    Still have a HB at 18w0d!!! 142bpm! Grow, baby, grow!
    Great NT scan, but, placenta previa. Resolving!
    Labile Hypertension, placed on HBP meds to try to avoid pre-e
    A/S on 12/21/12, Petra's having a baby, it's the end of the world!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PGAL Siggy Challenge- Animal Hangovers!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Petra, you are an obese 40+ year old. Stop jumping through these hoops. Just adopt already. There is no shame in that." -Deethebee
  • Options
    Oh dear. Please light her on fire.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    That's funny Roxy!  Yeah, I don't use my name a lot on here because it's not very common.  I need to add you on bookface.
  • Options

Yowza.  Please publish the poem - those make my day. 

P.s.  How do you feel today? 

• Options
    I'm better, still really swolen but not much pain.  Thanks for asking!

Here's the poem:

* and * will soon be married
    Over the threshold she'll be carried
    but before they settle into wedded bliss
    A honeymoon trip they will not miss
    As friends and family of the two
    Here is what you're invited to do
    Shower them with gifts for the trip
    They will be traveling on their own
    Maybe cash, gas or a card for their phone
    Whatever you decide, I know
    They will be excited you helped them get gone

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Pennies.  Give her pennies.  Especially the old crusty ones you find under the seat in the car. 

ETA:

And your should totally post the poem for us to enjoy :)

ETA: 

you did :)  post the poem that is.
    No, that's not my real name. And FH's name isn't Nun (as in Nun ya bidness) either.
  • Options
    Those poems are so ridiculously annoying, even more so because of all the slant rhyme and irregular numbers of syllables in the lines. If I ever got one of those, I might puke on it and then send it back.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner for tackiest thing I've ever heard of.

Give her empty gift cards.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cant-believe-forgot-tell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7a01bf63-5045-498e-a571-560b2068cc5ePost:8127b89c-69d7-4929-ad92-51303e97e8d3">Re: Can't believe I forgot to tell you</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tacky.
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

and corny.  I say 'shower' them with monopoly money then you'll be glad you helped them 'get gone'--HA!
  • Options
    I'm shocked to see this coming from her.  She's very prim and proper.  I know she didn't send the invites, but surely she knew about it and allowed it to happen.  I'm not really sure what I'm going to do.  At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to not receive a wedding invitation.  If that's the case, monopoly money and a delete on FB are in order.
  • Options
    ohwhynotohwhynot member
    First Comment
    edited June 2010
    I'm glad you're not in too much pain; hope the swelling goes down soon!

That is one craptastic poem. 
    How about one in reply:

You cut me out of your bachelorette.
    So this, therefore, is what you get:
    A bunch of cash from Monopoly
    and your tacky poem up for the world to see. 
    And one last, loving, wedding wish -
    I hope you get sunburn on your honeymoon, bitch!
  • Options
    OWN..... you are my new hero!
    No, that's not my real name. And FH's name isn't Nun (as in Nun ya bidness) either.
  • Options
  • Options
    OWN-That is one of the funniest things that I have ever read!  I actually laughed out loud.  Your my new hero too.
    1st pic of us together. Apparently I thought something was funny.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ~Holly and Jeff~
    image 232 Made the cut! image 96 Ready to party!
    image 44 Have better things to do!
    image 92 Are going to cause me to have a stroke!
  • Options
    Hahaha, own!

Heels - that's tacktastic.  I'm with Tide on this one.

Glad you're feeling better!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cant-believe-forgot-tell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7a01bf63-5045-498e-a571-560b2068cc5ePost:55f31be3-b9b0-4489-9990-cfc6bc374d81">Re: Can't believe I forgot to tell you</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm better, still really swolen but not much pain.  Thanks for asking! Here's the poem: * and * will soon be married Over the threshold she'll be carried but before they settle into wedded bliss A honeymoon trip they will not miss As friends and family of the two Here is what you're invited to do Shower them with gifts for the trip They will be traveling on their own Maybe cash, gas or a card for their phone Whatever you decide, I know They will be excited you helped them get gone
    Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]
    Some poem, that doesnt even rhyme.
  • Options
    wow thats is the most rude & riduclous thing i have ever heard of.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_cant-believe-forgot-tell?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7a01bf63-5045-498e-a571-560b2068cc5ePost:28245a36-0aae-45d5-9228-2c51dec77c58">Re: Can't believe I forgot to tell you</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm glad you're not in too much pain; hope the swelling goes down soon! That is one craptastic poem.  How about one in reply: You cut me out of your bachelorette. So this, therefore, is what you get: A bunch of cash from Monopoly and your tacky poem up for the world to see.  And one last, loving, wedding wish - I hope you get sunburn on your honeymoon, bitch!
    Posted by ohwhynot[/QUOTE]

I. Love. This.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I received a wedding invitation that had registry information on it that read, "Jane and John wish to receive gifts toward their honeymoon in Mexico, www.honeyfund.com/brideandgroom " Then lower on the same card it read, "Checks and cash at the reception would also be greatly appreciated." I opened it and out loud said, "What the hell?!" FI looked at me, then down at what I was holding and immediately asked, "who f**ked up their invite?"

I just don't understand where people think that kind of thing is okay. I don't even want to give them a gift. If I do it won't be money and I'll be bringing a mixing bowl or something to their wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 262 Invited image 38 Attending image 5 Declined image 219 Unknown
    RSVP Date August 1st
  • Options

FFS, that just made my day. OWN, you are a true poet. Heels, I think you should use OWN's poem and send her blank gift cards. She didn't ask for them to be loaded with anything .

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    PiruPiru member
    First Comment
    Oh, barf. If you're going to do that at least put some effort into it. It's not even a decent poem! Why not just write "Gimme $$$, plzkthx".

Give them the Berenstein Bears' "Case of the Gimmies" or whatever it's called.

I do plan on doing a honeymoon registry but I won't be listing it on the invite and there will also be a small gift registry along with an option to donate to a charity instead.
    And if you should die before me, ask if you can take a friend. Pick a flower, close your eyes,and drift away- STP
    June siggy challenge!
  • Options
    Oh OWN, this is why I love thee!

In general I don't have a problem with honeymoon registries (I know I know) but skip the wannabe poems. That is just craptastic.
  • Options
    OWN - awesome poem. *tips hat*

I read the Berensten Bears' "Case of the Gimmes" when I was younger. It made me feel bad, because I always felt selfish and spoiled after I read it.
  • Options
    I vote for OWN's poem along with a $1 gift card to BBB. Perfection!
  • Options
    OWN ftw!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards