Snarky Brides
Options

FML (oh yeah, and it's Wednesday...) - Morning Thread

Good morning ladies, or not so good morning in my case. 

I have managed, in the 11th hour, to hurt my knee badly enough that it really bothers me, as opposed to every other day when it kind of bothers me....any my first 10k run is on Sunday.  I knew all along that running might not last very long...I was hoping I could get a year and a half out of my knees before I had to give up but I don't know if I can even last that long right now (I am at about 3 months of training)...I have a doctor's appointment next week (I am going to ask for a referral to physio/sports med) but for now my biggest frustration is that I really want to be able to run the whole race on Sunday.  So I canceled my personal training for today and I am not going to the gym tomorrow either (those were my last two workouts) and right now there is a huge bad of green peas on my knee. I need knottie vibes ladies and plenty of them.

Other than that, my dad will be fine. I don't really feel like doing half the things I have to do...I slept horrible (knee) so right now I am actually quite tired and would really like to go back to bed but I can't do that. 

How are all you ladies?

Re: FML (oh yeah, and it's Wednesday...) - Morning Thread

• Options
    That sucks, numbers. I will send lots of vibes for your knee. I understand how annoying knee problems are, I have underdeveloped knees (some cartilidge issue or something) and they ache constantly. Sometimes when I'm walking one will randomly give out on me. I feel your pain.

Not much going on here. Work, then my second physical therapy session that I'm looking forward to because my neck has been aching the past 2 days. H's friend is coming over tonight so I have to hurry home after and attempt to clean, which basically means doing the dishes and sweeping. H can do the rest if he's that concerned about it.
  • Options
    Good Morning!

I may or may not be in very much today. There's a Courts Martial being held here on base and I have to serve as one of the bailiffs (basically the gopher - making copies/retrieving witnesses from the waiting room/etc.).

I talked with Will last night about him sleeping in the living room, and he agreed that it'll only be a once in a while thing and not an every night thing. So that's good.

In another note: you know how women are always like "OMG, I'm turning into my mother!". Well, I had one of those moments when I woke up this morning. See, whenever my mom is stressed, she tends to clench her jaw, especially in her sleep. I noticed this morning that the sides of my jaw are super-achy and my molars are too. So I'm dealing with that today. Ouch.

Sesh - Sir Whisky looks freakin' adorable in your sig pic.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Thanks, mehg. Also, you may want to keep an eye on the clenching, which is likely grinding as well. I have bad TMJ as a result of that and ended up losing a lot of the enamel on my molars, so they are super sensitive due to the nerves being more exposed. Eventually, jaw pain can also lead to ear and neck pain, so if it gets bad you should think about getting a plastic nightguard.
  • Options
    Mehg...if you think you are clenching...go to the dentist ASAP! Get them to make you a mouth guard and wear it. It takes a while to get used to but it is worth it. I have a serious clenching problem...I have already cracked one tooth so badly it needed to be removed (before I wore the mouthguard) and recently I may have broken a piece off another one (wearing my mouth guard every night).  I never thought I could wear one and now I swear by it!
  • Options
    What numbers said, and make sure it's plastic and not rubber (kind of like what athletes use). Rubber just makes you chew more, which still harms the jaw. I think I'd chew right through a rubber one though, after 7 years my plastic one has lots of divets and holes. Stupid grinding jaw.
  • Options
    Ohh thanks for the advice ladies!

My younger brother grinds his teeth at night. When we were kids, it used to wake me up it was so loud. I cringe just thinking about that sound.

This is the very first time I've noticed jaw soreness, but I will track it over the next week, then see if I can get a referral for a nightguard fitting (I don't think they do them here on base).
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    mine is plastic and it is made of some special product that I soak in hot water before I put it on and it makes it soft, then it moulds to my mouth. 
  • Options
    Good morning! I have nothing to add to this conversation except for healing vibes for everyone. Yikes. Knee pain, neck pain, jaw pain...must be Wednesday.

My cat tried to sabotage my weight loss this morning. I stepped on the scale, and saw that I was up by 11lbs. After I stopped gaping at the scale, I noticed two paws between my feet. SOMEONE had decided to step on the scale with me and donate part of his weight to the cause. Silly kitty.

Not much else is new. I'm looking forward to seeing an old friend on Friday for lunch, and then it's the weekend!
  • Options
    september's - that's hilarious. I can totally picture that happening. How cute.

I can admire kitties for their cuteness, but I don't think I could own one. I'm just not a cat person. I also think I'm slightly allergic to them, too, so that doesn't really help when I go to a friend's house and their cat tries to lay on my chest.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Aw, september, that's adorable. He just wanted to be part of the experience! And mehg, I'm allergic to cats too, but that doesn't stop me from loving on Whisky all the time.

Shay, what did you call my co-worker yesterday? Douchey music guy? Well DMG got here at 7am and is blaring horrific techno music. But I can't ask him to turn it down because he will yell at me, and I will yell back, and this will threaten my potential supervisor position. Just wait until the boss gets in.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Work was crap yesterday, I feel sometimes like one of the sales guys I work for is just mega needy sometimes and thinks I dont have anything to do and calls me 80trillion times asking for things or whatever. Its annoying as hell when im in the middle of things and he calls 4 times all for different reasons which keeps derailing me so then I end up with 5 things on the go as opposed to just the 1 I started out with. Its better than when he is grumpy, but really this just makes ME grumpy.

Im still upset about probably not being able to afford to go to lollapalooza, and probably not being able to go to my friends wedding thing (cant afford it by the time I would need to, probably cant take 7 whole days off, etc) but I might try to get a last minute deal for her resort or one near by it, so we will see.

Other than that, today is wednesday. Almost friday, kinda.
  • Options
    I thought someone had kidnapped DMG's headphones...? Is that why he's playing his music so loud?

There's a guy in my office like that. I call him Ferret Boy because I got into a bit of an argument with him when he bought his ferret. I tried to warn him that ferrets are filthy and smelly and you have to wash your hands after holding them, but he was all "No, they're clean! Like cats." Yeah, sure, ok.

Ferret Boy likes to play his shittastic music super-loud first thing in the morning (usually either country or alternative stuff like Linkin Park). I just wait till he gets up to go to the bathroom or for a smoke break, and I unplug his computer speakers. I think he's starting to get the message.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Alright, time to go change into my dress uniform now. I'll see you later, alligators.
    Photobucket
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Morning everyone!  I'm in meetings/leading training all day today, so I won't be around much. I'm tired already, thinking of the work day.

Hearing your coworker stories makes me feel a little better, though. No one blares music; I just have to listen to phones ringing nonstop (seriously. Put your cell phone on silent.)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I just had a total freak out moment on my way out of Starbucks...a woman walked in as I was leaving and she was pregnant...that made me think of how pretty much every one of my co-workers/friends who are married have managed to buy a house and have kids by now...I am 32 and we aren't planning on moving out of our tiny 2 bedroom condo until January 2014 and we are planning on TTCing then...I will be 35 and half years old. I know I shouldn't care about 'doing it' when everyone else is (by it I mean kids/house/etc) but I do...I feel like I have achieved what I should have by now. :(

/pity fest over...
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fml-oh-yeah-its-wednesday-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c8517f0-8c74-482d-8d22-e377d12b10c6Post:da04c8aa-7ab0-4793-9ba8-55d568e7cf07">Re: FML (oh yeah, and it's Wednesday...) - Morning Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning everyone!  I'm in meetings/leading training all day today, so I won't be around much. I'm tired already, thinking of the work day. Hearing your coworker stories makes me feel a little better, though. No one blares music; I just have to listen to phones ringing nonstop (seriously. Put your cell phone on silent.)
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]
    My office is just constant blackberry beeps and tings and what not, but everyone left it at factory settings so it does it 3 pulses and they all have it set so gd loud. One guy in our office (old man) has the most annoying and loud ring tone, in life, hes annoying by nature but this is just unreal.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I hope your knee gets better number.  That really stinks, I'm sorry =(.

ha ha sesh,  yes, douchey music guy!  I think you guys need to have a super sneaky operation and steal those headphones.  Or even better - steal the audio cable from the back of his computer.  Then he won't even notice!

Good morning everyone! Today is staff appreciate day for us so the department is treating us to lunch at Olive Garden!  Woot woot free lunch! ha ha.  They are also gifting us either movie gift cards or Barnes and Noble gift cards.  I'm so excited!

Have a great day everyone!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I hate the constant phone ringing. We have 10 lines here that are constantly ringing. I answer 3 of them so every time the phone rings I have to check and make sure its not my lines. F that.

The lady in the office next to me has the "Deliverance" theme go off every time she gets a text message. Funny I would say the first time, annoying as hell now.
  • Options
    Morning all.  Sorry about all the pains.  :( 

September, that's hilarious about your cat. 

I've got a bunch of things to do around the house tonight.  BIL's GF is moving in with us tomorrow (for 8 months while she goes to hairdresser school in our city) and I've got to finish her room up.  And, you know, make my house look like less of a pig sty.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fml-oh-yeah-its-wednesday-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c8517f0-8c74-482d-8d22-e377d12b10c6Post:4e8449ca-bb0e-42a0-a7cc-8d20c18b963f">Re: FML (oh yeah, and it's Wednesday...) - Morning Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: FML (oh yeah, and it's Wednesday...) - Morning Thread : My office is just constant blackberry beeps and tings and what not, but everyone left it at factory settings so it does it 3 pulses and they all have it set so gd loud. One guy in our office (old man) has the most annoying and loud ring tone, in life, hes annoying by nature but this is just unreal.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>We use NEXTEL phones at work (I manage all 180+ of them).  Without fail, staff leave them on when they send them to me to be repaired/replaced.  So my mailbox is constantly 'chirping.'  I was 'on call' for two summers as a student, so the sound of that 'chirp' makes me cringe still.</div>
  • Options
    I just came to work and was basically told that I don't matter.

So that's pretty much my day.
  • Options
    Wha, LTZ?  What happened?
  • Options
    LTZ, you matter to me. Your work sucks.
  • Options
    My supervisor is a 29 year old punk-ass bitch. That's what happened.

I'm having a hard time not putting my fist through my computer monitor right now.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm not so much pissed at what he said, just the fact that he announced it in front of EVERYONE in the office.

I don't matter here, that's pretty clear to me. But this isn't the first time he's just said completely innapropriate and unprofessional things in front of everyone to look like a tough guy or something. So it is what it is.
  • Options
    So, sesh has douchey music guy and LTZ has douchey punkassbitchboy?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    What kind of shiity supervisor tells people they don't matter? And publicly at that? I'd be marching straight to whoever is over him saying I won't stand for that kind of treatment, assuming that guy isn't an even bigger douche.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fml-oh-yeah-its-wednesday-morning-thread?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7c8517f0-8c74-482d-8d22-e377d12b10c6Post:55be563a-320b-4cba-867f-1bf817c3794f">Re: FML (oh yeah, and it's Wednesday...) - Morning Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]What kind of shiity supervisor tells people they don't matter? And publicly at that? I'd be marching straight to whoever is over him saying I won't stand for that kind of treatment, assuming that guy isn't an even bigger douche.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

All the men are really buddy-buddy here. So I'm not even going to bother. I just have to focus on the fact that I will get out of here (hopefully sooner than later) and these jerks will probably be stuck here forever.
  • Options
    Oh that sucks. Yeah, then it would probably just make things worse. But you're right, you'll move on to bigger and better things and they won't, so suck on that punk-ass bitches.

Shay, DMG applied for the supre position too. If he got it, you very well may see me finally lose my cool, which hasn't happened in about 3 years so who knows, maybe it's time. That's just what we need, a guy like LTZ's boss who doesn't respect women and thinks he rules the world.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards