Snarky Brides
Options

Civilian Grievances?

Re: Civilian Grievances?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:8f52978e-4bcf-43b3-8ede-772a24fa3f69">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Civilian Grievances? : Monday is my first day back at work after 10 days off, and I have a crazy notion that I will end up staying late to deal with stuff because it seems like shiit keeps hitting the fan the longer we are gone :(
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Poop. I figured you'd probably be busy, but I thought I'd ask anyways! I'm more than happy to do it any weekend after that though!
  • Options
    Sesh, Mark sounds like an effin snot wad.  Give me his address, I'll make him a homemade dunce cap that says "Ass Bag" across it and send it to him.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:7961ac63-fdf0-4acc-8a07-c46fa93214cc">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Civilian Grievances? : Agreed!  Kansas City is the absolute suck for shopping.  And now I really, really want to go to an Ikea.  I'm going to have to see about the closest one.  KC really has nowhere to buy furniture.  It's either Target price point or super-fvcking life-savings price point with very little in between.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]
    If you live a fair distance, one of the best things about ikea is that they pack their stuff as small as humanly possible so its easy to transport in your vehicle. We used to live 3 hours from the closest ikea and still managed pretty well. The assembly can be a real bitch sometimes, but its so worth it!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:dfb3103e-f30d-4290-aee3-f5da7a816ce6">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Civilian Grievances? : Poop. I figured you'd probably be busy, but I thought I'd ask anyways! I'm more than happy to do it any weekend after that though!
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]
    Im pretty sure im free most/all weekends in january, so we will discuss once I get back to work and we can plan better. Hell, we can even discuss it on SUNDAY!!!
  • Options
    Sesh, my step siblings behaved like that in the beginning.  (Mom's husband)
    Except, their mother had passed away.  They still hated my Mom for whatever reason and kept them from getting married for a couple of years.

Dude, my Dad's been divorced three times and is curently engaged.  I'm an adult, it's not my business anymore.  I hate adult children that stand in the way of their parents' happiness.  Grow the eff up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    reddy123reddy123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:550c488e-a871-4df5-929f-332f87389dbb">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a grievance with Ben. <strong> We've been working on our stupid wedding thank yous for a while (don't invite 500 people to a wedding.  It's a stupid, stupid thing to do),</strong> and when I say that WE have been doing them, I actually mean that I have been doing them.  I don't have a problem with doing them but the other day Ben had a day off and said he would do some.  I got all excited.  Turns out he got distracted and played his new Kinect games instead.  WTF, Ben!?  I love you.  But eff. Also I have a grievance with the snow storms that are going to pound us in the next few days.  My married sister is going to be a bridesmaid in a close friend's wedding on Saturday, and I just feel bad for the bride since I believe the storms will cause a lot of people to not show up.  Sad.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>This makes me want to give you a big ol' hug. We 'only' had 300, but still, I feel your pain. Whenever people on TK complain about not receiving a thank-you right away, I just shake my head. It took me a long time to get mine out and I started on mine on the HM right away. I did my best and had them all out with in 3 months. Not the best, not the worst.</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:e45e127c-634b-47ff-9593-f7e14bb53428">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Civilian Grievances? : Im pretty sure im free most/all weekends in january, so we will discuss once I get back to work and we can plan better. Hell, we can even discuss it on SUNDAY!!!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Yeee ^.^ Are there any places near you that have good poutine? I need to have poutine before I leave.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:c1d5abf4-573c-447d-bee0-2f54abdb89c2">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Civilian Grievances? : I heard that Nates lives right near a real city. :) Plane ticket soon?
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

I've also never been on an airplane. But if I start driving now...I'll be there by 2012.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:5d022252-c590-4982-a06b-5496f6bb80a1">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Civilian Grievances? : This makes me want to give you a big ol' hug. We 'only' had 300, but still, I feel your pain. Whenever people on TK complain about not receiving a thank-you right away, I just shake my head. <strong>It took me a long time to get mine out and I started on mine on the HM right away. I did my best and had them all out with in 3 months. Not the best, not the worst.</strong>
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]
    My cousin had a small destination wedding in july with about 20 people in attendance, tops, and I still have yet to receive a thank you.  I got a raelly nice christmas gift from my aunt (her mom) so I made sure to send a really nice thank you immediately to exhibit how youre supposed to react when you get a nice gift :D
  • Options
    I have a grievance with the last three month of 2010, which have royally sucked for me. I only hope 2011 is better. I mostly just lurk around here, but you guys have been pretty great for keeping me distracted from my "woe-is-me" mindset. And I like Ikea and cheddar beer fondue (which we have had for dinner once per week since we got a cast iron fondue pot as a wedding gift) so there's that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:645112f7-42ef-459c-a444-7944098a9f92">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh, Sesh, he sounds like a total douche.  Even when you expect it from someone, it still hurts, especially when they're hurting the people you love. I wish diarrhea upon him.
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

Oh he is, and the worst part is that he's proud of it. He treats women like trash and openly calls them names, tells them he's going to cheat on them, that they are just temporary. I guess they are either incredibly naive or stupid to think they can change him.

this is the first year he's just not come over for christmas though. And he and my stepdad had a very long-standing tradition of a certain special gift exchange that apparently is now no longer. It was the one thing they shared and bonded over.

Stepdad said this coming talk will determine how he proceedes. If Mark is willing to talk, then he'll listen. But if he continues to be a douche and trash my mom, then he's going to try to be okay with essentially losing a son. I can't imagine having to deal with that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:0f447169-462d-41e5-b4ec-a87f5a3277c4">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Civilian Grievances? : Yeee ^.^ Are there any places near you that have good poutine? I need to have poutine before I leave.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]
    No, but I know that alix will know atleast 4 in Toronto, from what I can tell she knows the best places for a LOT of things in TO.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:5d022252-c590-4982-a06b-5496f6bb80a1">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Civilian Grievances? : This makes me want to give you a big ol' hug. We 'only' had 300, but still, I feel your pain. Whenever people on TK complain about not receiving a thank-you right away, I just shake my head. It took me a long time to get mine out and I started on mine on the HM right away. I did my best and had them all out with in 3 months. Not the best, not the worst.

We had rougly 350 attend, but we had lots of people who didn't come but sent a gift.  My God, it's ridiculous.  I've been keeping myself sane by just doing a set number of them each night and dropping them in the mail the next day.  But holy Hannah there's a lot.  Thanks for the e-hug :)
    panther
  • Options
    Sesh- I'd like to kick Mark in the face for you guys. Can I do that? Please?
  • Options

Jas--go for it. We should organize one big SB junk-punch.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:0aefb2ce-cb3b-4630-ac03-8ba486b74480">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jas--go for it. We should organize one big SB junk-punch.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

How tall is he? Do I need to wear heels?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:5036a91b-89cd-4567-b18a-15d647928523">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Civilian Grievances? : No, but I know that alix will know atleast 4 in Toronto, from what I can tell she knows the best places for a LOT of things in TO.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, if we want to meet up in Toronto there's this place called Poutini's that's fabulous. I'm going to get bagels while in Montreal too, and then before I leave have some Timbits and peameal bacon =D
  • Options
    Ha, about the same size as H, I think. So 5'8, maybe? I could totally take him. He's a jerk, but I'm meaner.
  • Options
    Nebb- That is just ridiculous. I have a friend who was married two years without doing thank-yous and then they got a divorce. I mean, shiit. And that kids, is why you write your thank-yous! (Said in the voice of the one armed man on Arrested Development)

No, but really. 

Arwo- did you get the Cuisinart one with the cookbook that comes with it? Because that little cookbook is amazing! We have two fondue pots and do themed nights all with that cookbook, we are going to have a Mexican night and then an Asian night next I am so excited.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I'll bring my tall shoes and my rage.
  • Options
    Oh, and total threadjack, but..

Has anyone with a fondue pot done the hot oil to fry raw meat thing? Anybody eaten it?

I am afraid of doing it. I'm afraid a little bit of hot oil would pop up and hit my eye or a piece of meat would spontaneously combust into flames and catch the whole pot on fire.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:3ed061b4-0522-44fd-93f5-489dc28633ed">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and total threadjack, but.. Has anyone with a fondue pot done the hot oil to fry raw meat thing? Anybody eaten it?  I am afraid of doing it. I'm afraid a little bit of hot oil would pop up and hit my eye or a piece of meat would spontaneously combust into flames and catch the whole pot on fire.

Yeah, it scares me. I'd probably burn my mouth too.
  • Options
    Another grievance, the cold. I realize i live in canada, and its cold in the winter, but I can only pile on so many sweaters and blankets while still being cold before it starts to get a bit ridiculous. Maybe this grievance is more about my furnace, I dunno.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:9ab12325-dab7-40c2-8b2f-bcc6f422cbcf">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Another grievance, the cold. I realize i live in canada, and its cold in the winter, but I can only pile on so many sweaters and blankets while still being cold before it starts to get a bit ridiculous. Maybe this grievance is more about my furnace, I dunno.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Reason #2 why I'm moving. Actually, the only reason other than Brandon.
  • Options
    I have never had fondue.  It seems like total blasphemy, considering I love cheese and melt-y stuff.  I guess thats a grievance with myself.
  • Options
    The cold just makes me exhausted after a while. I haven't seen the sun in months. I think I've got SAD. (Best name ever.)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:707768f2-409c-447c-bce6-1021e0a29640">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got a fondue pot for Christmas last year and haven't used it.  I have to buy the chaffing canned flame thingamabobs and haven't bothered to do that. There's a place called The Melting Pot about an hour from here that I've wanted to try for awhile.  
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]
    All I've heard is amazing things about The Melting Pot, but it's expensive.  I might try to take FI there for V-Day.  I have to top the surprise trip to Mystic he gave me last year and I know the way to do that is through awesome food.
  • Options
    I am in such a poor mood today. Wow.

I also hate my right ovary. I am tempted to get a melon baller and rip it the fvck out.
  • Options
    reddy123reddy123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:f5881752-2e5e-4c68-847a-72aee3c507a6">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Civilian Grievances? : We have done hot oil fondue with raw meat before. we have done beef and chicken. <strong>There wasn't any splattering or fires and the meat cooks through and everything.</strong> I am also really paranoid about raw meat and stuff and I've never had a problem with it
    Posted by reils[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh yay. Thanks for the tips guys. I think I will try it and have H and I (and guests) dip veggies for the first ten minutes then let people dip meats. I think my meat eating friends would love this, and there's not a lot of prep for me.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Workin- you can use a tea light too, grab some white wine, some dry mustard, cornstarch, grate some cheese and you're good to go!</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_civilian-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d703127-094d-43f5-8c3e-1677f0f7d419Post:cd31509c-24b1-428a-ad07-223547164a41">Re: Civilian Grievances?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am in such a poor mood today. Wow. I also hate my right ovary. I am tempted to get a melon baller and rip it the fvck out.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

You too?  Damn. 
    panther
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards