Snarky Brides
Options

I just found a puppy

Outside of my apartment. I parked my car and she was sniffing around, she (Las Apso maybe? Probably a couple years old) was very friendly and ran right up to me. I didnt see an owner around though. So..I carried my groceries inside. I dont know what to do? Should I go get her or...?
It's a gated complex and I'm sure she lives here

Re: I just found a puppy

• Options
    Does she have a collar that maybe has a phone # on it?
  • Options
  • Options
    Go get her, she might get hit by a car.  Can you post a sign inside your complex saying that you have her?
  • Options
    playtntsbpg30playtntsbpg30 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2011
    maybe she has a chip in... take her to a pet smart or something that can track it? I'm not sure where would be the best place.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I woudl take her in and put up signs in the neighborhood, then call around to the humane society or whatever you have there and let them know you found the dog, or maybe call vets in the area and notify them.
  • Options
    yes take her in, or watch her outside for a bit.  Post signs within the complex and take her to a vet/ petsmart to see if she is chipped.

In a complex like yours it is nice because it will probably end well and find the owner soon
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    In the meantime..  What shall we name the puppy until it's true identity is discovered?
  • Options
    I'd get her if I were you.  Post signs, spread word of mouth, maybe even knock on doors near where she was when you saw her?  Maybe she slid out the door and no one noticed.  But don't leave her she's so small she can easily get hit!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ok I just looked outside and saw her owners looking for her so I went back to where she was but she wasnt there anymore :( Anyways, they said she keeps getting out and she doesnt have her collar because they just cut her hair. Theyre looking for her now.
  • Options
    P.s. Her name's lucky ;)
  • Options
    OMG is she cute? I hope her owners find her soon!
  • Options
    Ok so I live upstairs and have been watching from my window for her. I saw her cross the parking lot so I ran down, get her and returned her.
    I feel bad because the lady looking for her is trying to wheel around in her wheel chair with her little boy She said her husbands at work.
    Anyways, yay!
  • Options
    lucky is a terrible name for a dog.

I swear they are the unluckiest dogs ever.

(no offense to any owners of a Lucky, it just seems we see a lot of unlucky Luckys)

glad for the happy ending!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Options
    Thanks guys for your advice, I knew I should've grabbed her when I first saw her. Now I know where she lives if she gets out again.
    I agree about Lucky's
  • Options
    The best part is my dog apparently thinks I smuggled a puppy in here. He is searching frantically and crying.
  • Options
    Well it's giving your dog something to do for now.  I'm glad all is well with Lucky.  Whenever I hear that name I think about "A Fish Called Wanda".  One of the little dogs was named "lucky".  I think it was the one that was crushed by the piano.  Sounds horrible, I know.
  • Options
    Hahaha oh man, I haven't seen that movie in Eons.
  • Options
    This Lucky was lucky today!  Nice work Roxy.
  • Options
    Nice job on the puppy rescue!  Between me, my very kind ex-husband and my wonderful FI we have lost count of the dogs we have rounded up and returned to their owners.   Of course, several of them were unable to be found and they ended up making their permanent home with one or the other of us.  I have 4 of them sleeping in the room with me as I type!

I am certain that the woman and her little boy were so very grateful.  Thank you for being so kind-hearted!!    *scratches you behind the ears*  Smile
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_just-found-puppy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7d9b1e0d-2d25-4949-80e3-b324a0aa6913Post:a8260163-54f9-4961-a1ea-4310c9303ea5">Re: I just found a puppy</a>:
    [QUOTE]lucky is a terrible name for a dog. I swear they are the unluckiest dogs ever. (no offense to any owners of a Lucky, it just seems we see a lot of unlucky Luckys) glad for the happy ending!
    Posted by aggiebug[/QUOTE]
    haha.. ditto. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards