Snarky Brides
Options

TK Related Confessions:

Re: TK Related Confessions:

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-related-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ea708fc-9ec4-4ac2-b77c-9ef9e65100f3Post:3059bef4-2f52-438f-b7cc-bb02f2759ad5">Re: TK Related Confessions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]It annoys the piss out of me when people come into these threads and purposely start every sentence with "I confess..." YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT.
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]

Uh.  Okay.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-related-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ea708fc-9ec4-4ac2-b77c-9ef9e65100f3Post:39bcfcc4-ef21-458f-8d24-ed2780cacb37">Re: TK Related Confessions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK Related Confessions: : I'm lost on this as well. Who is she?
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]

Cardmonsta = April
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-related-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ea708fc-9ec4-4ac2-b77c-9ef9e65100f3Post:3059bef4-2f52-438f-b7cc-bb02f2759ad5">Re: TK Related Confessions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]It annoys the piss out of me when people come into these threads and purposely start every sentence with "I confess..." YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT.
    Posted by kimheartsscott[/QUOTE]

YES, YOU DO.  IT IS A CONFESSION AND PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW THAT!
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-related-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ea708fc-9ec4-4ac2-b77c-9ef9e65100f3Post:655fd56e-ce31-499d-9a5e-a1355b7f30d0">Re: TK Related Confessions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK Related Confessions: : Same here but because of my schedule. I always am tempted to make "Confessions- the night version" or something stupid like that because I feel like people are annoyed when I post in a thread that has been dead for 4 hours.
    Posted by katiewhompus[/QUOTE]

<div>Oh my gosh, this. My schedule is so varied (I sometimes open the store some days, mid shift the next, close the next) that all the posts I want to respond to some days are totally dead by the time I get there, and I don't like responding to something if its been dead for the last few hours.</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Most of the stuff people care about - traditions, ettiquette, rules to live by regarding weddings and crap like that... I just dont care enough about. I think thats more that I just dont care very strongly about anything, but it irritates me when I see people getting drilled for not doing things properly, when I have to question why it matters so much. Thats been a large reason why I have taken a step back and dont contribute on many threads unless theyre ones like this or chitchatty type of threads, because I find that kind of stance a bit unwelcoming and I cant get it up for it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-related-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ea708fc-9ec4-4ac2-b77c-9ef9e65100f3Post:98e0dac0-6a53-4bea-8aef-d1bc9b82daf8">Re: TK Related Confessions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]You all have covered most of the things that annoy me... But on the spelling thing... "definitely". That one bugs me. "Defiantly" is something totally different. I wish people knew that.
    Posted by SEWF[/QUOTE]

I confess that for some reason I struggle with those two words. I know the differences, but I have to really stop and think how to spell each one or my fingers frantically type some kind of strange mixture of the two of them.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-related-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ea708fc-9ec4-4ac2-b77c-9ef9e65100f3Post:98ca9245-5603-4677-95a4-6821c2c45d4e">Re: TK Related Confessions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that the spelling and grammar issues don't bother me as much as it bothers others.  I think people make a big deal about it sometimes because they have nothing else to say. 
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

I have lots to say, however, lack of proper grammar drives me crazy.  Literally, one of my biggest pet peeves.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-related-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ea708fc-9ec4-4ac2-b77c-9ef9e65100f3Post:e56a90cb-a027-42f2-b6ae-dde66bb9e4e5">Re: TK Related Confessions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK Related Confessions: : Haha I know. I felt like a terrible person when all that shiit went down, and since I love you all, I felt like I could tell you guys what had happened, KWIM? But at the same time, I still feel like I'm being watched or something, so I wanted to keep it as down-low as possible.  I immediately regretted the "PM me if you need to know why" statement and edited it out, but it was too late by then.  And I confess that I'm probably pulling away from TK as a result of it.  I don't know. It was all a huge mess.
    Posted by cardmonsta[/QUOTE]

:( I am sorry. I hope things get better for you.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-related-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ea708fc-9ec4-4ac2-b77c-9ef9e65100f3Post:41af4d35-cd3a-4363-bade-131b178ef4ff">Re: TK Related Confessions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK Related Confessions: : IT WAS EVERY PARAGRAPH, OKAY?!
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Well then you're doing it wrong!</div>
  • Options
    SEWFSEWF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-related-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ea708fc-9ec4-4ac2-b77c-9ef9e65100f3Post:935e5f76-5d8a-408e-bbc4-e7102013bca3">Re: TK Related Confessions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK Related Confessions: : It doesn't appear that anyone's changing their mind because they are too in-the-moment of the thread in question, but after the thread is over a week or so, I really start to think.  Where I'm from, you are either very, very conservative or very, very liberal. TK has a lot of in between and helps me learn others way of thinking. I can't have a debate with a hardcore republican here, because a hardcore republican would never talk to me IRL (being totally serious). Because of this I had a lot of really bad prejudices about conservatives that I admit TK has changed. I realize now I can find things in common even with the most different person on here. This is kind of obvious life stuff I knew, but TK has really pounded it into my brain.   I am very different than majority of the girls on here. I have piercings, tattoos, I shaved half my head last week, FFS. I'm Buddhist, I'm Bi, I'm very 'hippy' and artistic and weird. Sometimes, I think I don't belong here because even though SB is probably the weirdest group, you are all VERY conservative by my standards. It's taken me a lot of patience and understanding to stick around and I'm glad I did.  Nobody's ever changed my mind outright, but they have opened my mind.  *cue Full House end music*
    Posted by reddy123[/QUOTE]

<div>I know by the time this is posted, I'll probably be way late, but sometimes I feel the same way. I haven't put my whole self out there, and while I have never shaved my head and am terrified of needles, there are things about myself that I just don't share with everyone.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think if we were in the same area, we'd be friends. You remind me of some of my best friends. I'm glad you've stuck around.</div>
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-related-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ea708fc-9ec4-4ac2-b77c-9ef9e65100f3Post:b7f1d9a0-d4b8-44e3-8cea-5e9e40945e63">Re: TK Related Confessions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK Related Confessions: : I have lots to say, however, lack of proper grammar drives me crazy.  Literally, one of my biggest pet peeves.
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

Agreed completely. It drives me absolutely crazy in every aspect of my life. Makes me great for helping FI edit the stories for his paper. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-related-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ea708fc-9ec4-4ac2-b77c-9ef9e65100f3Post:ff8f888c-9d13-422c-8d08-1e2da422e227">Re: TK Related Confessions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK Related Confessions: : That is why I said sometimes.  This may not apply to everyone.  And by the way I'm sorry you feel ignored.  I like your posts generally but as other Pacific Coast posters have mentioned I usually end up reading threads way after their dead so I don't add my two cents. 
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

:)  No worries.  I will just keep posting! Haha... eventually, I will be a SB reg too.  It's almost time to give up some mod-ships.
  • Options
    Nebb - I know what you mean.  I think people get a little too worked up over things sometimes.  At that point it's just like......... okay, really? 

cardmonsta, I forbid you to step away from TK.  We hoars have your back.  And I have your boobs.
    panther
  • Options
    I confess that I don't have the energy for fish centerpiece threads on Receptions Ideas anymore.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-related-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ea708fc-9ec4-4ac2-b77c-9ef9e65100f3Post:4d9291eb-1226-45ce-8b53-b4e0cdbba005">Re: TK Related Confessions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK Related Confessions: : I agree with this.  I can't comment a lot on the traditions and etiquette.  I know my wedding is not by strict etiquette, so unless it's for something really crappy (like kicking out a bridesmaid), I try not to judge too hard.  <strong>I also hate it when "well maybe it's ok in your circle" is used like an insult. </strong>
    Posted by rhonwynv[/QUOTE]

Oh, agreed big time. 
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-related-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ea708fc-9ec4-4ac2-b77c-9ef9e65100f3Post:77830ae7-f381-43e5-a667-776caa28b5a9">Re: TK Related Confessions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]Most of the stuff people care about - traditions, ettiquette, rules to live by regarding weddings and crap like that... I just dont care enough about. I think thats more that I just dont care very strongly about anything, but it irritates me when I see people getting drilled for not doing things properly, when I have to question why it matters so much. Thats been a large reason why I have taken a step back and dont contribute on many threads unless theyre ones like this or chitchatty type of threads, because I find that kind of stance a bit unwelcoming and I cant get it up for it.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I agree, Nebb.  I do understand when people say "just because you did it doesn't mean it's ok". Because it's not, as far as etiquette is concerned. But it's ok to me.

I mean, there's nothing that I am doing that's WR that breaks any major etiquette rules as far as I know, but it's not because I'm trying to follow etiquette closely, it's because I'm generally a gracious and respectful person who knows the crowd I  will be inviting.

But for the most part, I find most things that are considered rude, not really <em>that  </em>rude. If your slapping your guests across the face, that's rude (and also assault) but to me, having a cash bar or a dollar dance or whatever, is not rude.  But that's just me.
  • Options
    I hate seeing the term "party lines" associated with anything TK related. I can't put my finger on why it bothers me so much, but it does.
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-related-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ea708fc-9ec4-4ac2-b77c-9ef9e65100f3Post:4d9291eb-1226-45ce-8b53-b4e0cdbba005">Re: TK Related Confessions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK Related Confessions: : I agree with this.  I can't comment a lot on the traditions and etiquette.  I know my wedding is not by strict etiquette, so unless it's for something really crappy (like kicking out a bridesmaid), I try not to judge too hard. <strong> I also hate it when "well maybe it's ok in your circle" is used like an insult. 
    </strong>Posted by rhonwynv[/QUOTE]

I agree. Maybe it is okay in their social circle. There are cultural differences that can account for all kinds of different things. On my month board people were talking about never even imagining a reception without assigned tables/seating. In my experience, I've only been to 2 weddings WITH assigned seating/tables and I've been to a LOT of weddings.
  • Options
    I feel ignored here too and that no one really responds to me...that is why I never make my own threads here, for fear that I will just be ingored.

I agree about the dog being a ringbearer, which mine is.  I was told by someone that if she showed up to a wedding and a dog was there, she would turn around and just leave.  I thought that was a bit harsh.

Im irritated right now b/c no one can understand why I'm frustrated with the FI for asking his friend to be a 5th GM last night without even so much as giving me a heads up, since our WP has been decided for over 4 mths now.  It's not the 5th being there at all...it's the lack of communication over such important things.

• Options
    I'm afraid that it annoys people when I bring random shiit up in already-existing threads rather than starting a new one, but I honestly can't create a new thread. Whenever I click that button, say to start a Good Morning thread since I'm one of the SB early-risers, all it does is refresh the page. And that makes me sad inside.

And stemming from that, I'm afraid I won't be able to AW my wedding photos due to my inability to create new threads, so I'm just going to have to slap it into a GM thread or something and hope that satisfies everyone's curiosity.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-related-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ea708fc-9ec4-4ac2-b77c-9ef9e65100f3Post:1f77e842-8a77-48ef-b4bc-d14ba37334e8">Re: TK Related Confessions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate seeing the term "<strong>party lines</strong>" associated with anything TK related. I can't put my finger on why it bothers me so much, but it does.
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]
    I have NO idea why, but that just got the song White Lines by Grandmaster Flash in my head...
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-related-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ea708fc-9ec4-4ac2-b77c-9ef9e65100f3Post:5ba13849-e1fe-452a-95b2-0b1318af05f4">Re: TK Related Confessions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I don't have the energy for fish centerpiece threads on Receptions Ideas anymore.
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

I can't get it up for when a bride comes in about "demoting" or "firing a bridesmaid" or when they get all up in arms over not getting along with their FMIL.

How many times can people say "you cannot fire a bridesmaid without risking the friendship" before it just turns into "you cannot fucking fire a bridesmaid you bitch!" or "just let your FI handle your FMIL" turns into "MOVE ON YOU OVERANALYZING SLORE BAG."

I never had any patience to begin with.  I dunno how you do it.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-related-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ea708fc-9ec4-4ac2-b77c-9ef9e65100f3Post:d03af511-7122-4ee8-9f41-15ce0ed652dd">Re: TK Related Confessions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel ignored here too and that no one really responds to me...that is why I never make my own threads here, for fear that I will just be ingored. I agree about the dog being a ringbearer, which mine is.  I was told by someone that if she showed up to a wedding and a dog was there, she would turn around and just leave.  I thought that was a bit harsh. <strong>Im irritated right now b/c no one can understand why I'm frustrated with the FI for asking his friend to be a 5th GM last night without even so much as giving me a heads up, since our WP has been decided for over 4 mths now.  It's not the 5th being there at all...it's the lack of communication over such important things.</strong>
    Posted by OBX2011[/QUOTE]
    I am irritated for you. I saw your post over on WP, and I can honestly say if H just randomly and drunkenly asked someone to be a GM, I wouldn't be thrilled, and I would probably feel bad for the guy being asked. I mean... if I were in that situation, I would feel like a replacement or a second-tier bridal party member.
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-related-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ea708fc-9ec4-4ac2-b77c-9ef9e65100f3Post:7ce3108e-83a1-45de-acdb-14d6ddf41868">Re: TK Related Confessions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK Related Confessions: : I am irritated for you. I saw your post over on WP, and I can honestly say if H just randomly and drunkenly asked someone to be a GM, I wouldn't be thrilled, and I would probably feel bad for the guy being asked. I mean... if I were in that situation, I would feel like a replacement or a second-tier bridal party member.
    Posted by maratea[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I read that earlier, and I was frustrated for you (OBX) as well.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-related-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ea708fc-9ec4-4ac2-b77c-9ef9e65100f3Post:4014a278-b9b3-41b9-947f-641d7df93d6d">Re: TK Related Confessions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like I'm mostly ignored (with the exception of AATB who almost always responds to my posts) on this board because of residual E/SB weirdness. Or maybe by and large, posters over here don't like me. I don't know. But either way, I feel like I'm talking to myself most of the time and people that I used to get along with ignore me now.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

LC, I am a little late, but I notice when you are around, and I noticed when you disappeared for a while. I could be completely out of the loop, but I never picked up on any LC dislike here on SB.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-related-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ea708fc-9ec4-4ac2-b77c-9ef9e65100f3Post:0e20bbb7-dee8-4486-869c-d637f0adec1b">Re: TK Related Confessions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK Related Confessions: : I can't get it up for when a bride comes in about "demoting" or "firing a bridesmaid" or when they get all up in arms over not getting along with their FMIL. How many times can people say "you cannot fire a bridesmaid without risking the friendship" before it just turns into "you cannot fucking fire a bridesmaid you bitch!" or "just let your FI handle your FMIL" turns into "<strong>MOVE ON YOU OVERANALYZING SLORE BAG</strong>." I never had any patience to begin with.  I dunno how you do it.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

That's it! That's what I'm using next time.

You have a way with words, AATB.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I wish we had more threads talking about 2012, or dinosaurs. Or things that I specifically like, that lasted for more than 5 posts. I think people dont really like my weird crap though, and Im all about weird crap.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-related-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ea708fc-9ec4-4ac2-b77c-9ef9e65100f3Post:6fb59ca7-e123-4508-9eb6-6873cccc4444">Re: TK Related Confessions:</a>:
    [QUOTE] And stemming from that, I'm afraid I won't be able to AW my wedding photos due to my inability to create new threads, so I'm just going to have to slap it into a GM thread or something and hope that satisfies everyone's curiosity.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

That makes me sad :(
    You should be able to be an AW in your own damn thread!
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_tk-related-confessions-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:7ea708fc-9ec4-4ac2-b77c-9ef9e65100f3Post:4610ff41-d20c-47c6-a2a7-58a697098766">Re: TK Related Confessions:</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: TK Related Confessions: : I have NO idea why, but that just got the song White Lines by Grandmaster Flash in my head...
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Get higher baby ...
    imageimage
  • Options
    He was drunk right? When FI gets drunk communication isn't our strong point. I can't imagine he was thinking "oh geeze I am going to ask him and we hadn't communicated over this important issue" before he asked.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards