Snarky Brides
Options

AYG

Re: AYG

• Options
    SwededSweded member
    First Comment
    My wedding was a buffett.  H's obese friend was at table 1 and made a joke about how they shouldn't let the fat guy go up there first.  No one knew whether to laugh or not.  I did because I know him and that's just his sense of humor.  I don't know what my point is, but you guys reminded me of that.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Some of the comments I wrote might have been excuses, but I was more trying to give examples of how it's harder for some people to lose weight. I feel like some smaller people, and those that have already lost a ton of weight, don't understand how others can gain so much weight or not be able to take it off. It's not always a fault, they just can't relate to it. I was trying to give my own personal examples of why certain factors in my life are overtaking weight loss.
  • Options
    SwededSweded member
    First Comment
    Birdie-I love your doggie. 
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I didn't know that buffets were even very popular anymore. The only one I know if that's even remotely close by is a chinese food buffet. I don't think I've been to a buffet style restaurant in about 7 years.

I would think fast food contributes much more than buffet style restaurants but I guess that's because for every buffet restaurant I see, there's about 12 fast-food joints nearby.

I don't know. But I agree with AATB, that was just one of those conversations that everyone had different experiences with and feelings about.

ETA: Holy hell, I said "buffet" a lot. Sorry.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:84349ca6-3f26-4bb9-b971-e5e7c0634190Post:a38322ca-4a09-428f-81ef-fd2cc6c9672d">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't been around in ages, but I lurk from time to time, and I happened to see the thread that bashed Tide's choice in baby names. I've seen some rough stuff around here, but that one just made me really sad.
    Posted by mag920[/QUOTE]

Hi Mag.  I must have missed that because I didn't know that happened.

That's really shiitty.
  • Options
    Thanks sweded :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:84349ca6-3f26-4bb9-b971-e5e7c0634190Post:a38322ca-4a09-428f-81ef-fd2cc6c9672d">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't been around in ages, but I lurk from time to time, and I happened to see <strong>the thread that bashed Tide's choice in baby names.</strong> I've seen some rough stuff around here, but that one just made me really sad.
    Posted by mag920[/QUOTE]

Well thats cute. wtf?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:84349ca6-3f26-4bb9-b971-e5e7c0634190Post:bc8ccdbe-e67d-4230-9504-b0d18f83b148">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : Hi Mag.  I must have missed that because I didn't know that happened. That's really shiitty.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

It was on E. The posts making the actual comments have been deleted by the OPs or Annie though, so the thread might not make sense anymore.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:84349ca6-3f26-4bb9-b971-e5e7c0634190Post:c8bdf2c9-55f3-4077-8256-7a9ccffd1df1">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Some of the comments I wrote might have been excuses, <strong>but I was more trying to give examples of how it's harder for some people to lose weight.</strong> I feel like some smaller people, and those that have already lost a ton of weight, don't understand how others can gain so much weight or not be able to take it off. It's not always a fault, they just can't relate to it. I was trying to give my own personal examples of why certain factors in my life are overtaking weight loss.
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]

That's true, but buffets aren't going to help you lose any weight.  If you already have a hard time with it, and you want to lose, then why would you go to a buffet?  Or if you chose to, at least acknowledge that it's not going to help you lose any weight.  When I go, I know I'm making a not-so-good decision but damnit, I want some kung po chicken.  People got super-defensive and I don't understand why.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    People bashed Tide's baby names?

What the flock is wrong with people?  Son of a bitch.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:84349ca6-3f26-4bb9-b971-e5e7c0634190Post:106712db-8af7-4d94-8ed4-c41736916d51">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : That's true, but buffets aren't going to help you lose any weight.  If you already have a hard time with it, and you want to lose, then why would you go to a buffet?  Or if you chose to, at least acknowledge that it's not going to help you lose any weight.  When I go, I know I'm making a not-so-good decision but damnit, I want some kung po chicken.  People got super-defensive and I don't understand why.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

I agree and I wasn't really aiming it towards justifying going to a buffet. It was more directed as those that were saying they just didn't understand why people wanted to be fat or something along those lines. I know when I go to a buffet I'm making the wrong decision towards my weight loss goal. :)
  • Options
    SwededSweded member
    First Comment
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:84349ca6-3f26-4bb9-b971-e5e7c0634190Post:a38322ca-4a09-428f-81ef-fd2cc6c9672d">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I haven't been around in ages, but I lurk from time to time, and I happened to see the thread that bashed Tide's choice in baby names. I've seen some rough stuff around here, but that one just made me really sad.
    Posted by mag920[/QUOTE]

I must have missed that one!  That is really crappy.  It's no one's business what someone names their kids. 

ETA:  Unless it's "Tay Prince"
  • Options
    OBX2011OBX2011 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:84349ca6-3f26-4bb9-b971-e5e7c0634190Post:286c7e34-2a8f-4852-a446-fa919cca2697">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't know that buffets were even very popular anymore. The only one I know if that's even remotely close by is a chinese food buffet. I don't think I've been to a buffet style restaurant in about 7 years. I would think fast food contributes much more than buffet style restaurants but I guess that's because for every buffet restaurant I see, there's about 12 fast-food joints nearby. I don't know. But I agree with AATB, that was just one of those conversations that everyone had different experiences with and feelings about. ETA: Holy hell, I said "buffet" a lot. Sorry.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

Not even related but everytime I see Its Always Sunny, I totally think of you :)

I was not here for that thread but I think that ALL women need to embrace themselves for who they are and be proud to be Y-O-U.  If you have curves then rock on hot momma, if you have long legs...show them bad boys off.  Skinny, obese, tall or short....love who you are and be good to your body.

I think it's important for all women to be supportive of one another and praise one another rather than giving the side-eye and judging people based solely on looks.

Therefore....you are all absolutely beautiful women :)

• Options
    SwededSweded member
    First Comment
    We have Old Country Buffet around here.  NOM!
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I also must have missed the thread about Tide's baby names. And I'd like to know the posters who made any negative comments about the names. So I can page them on their home board and call them assholes everyday.
  • Options
    Why is it ok for us to make fun of people from the Bump about the names they choose, but Tide is immune to it? I'm not being bitchy, I'm just legitimately asking. I've seen several threads where real posters (not on TK, but posters nonetheless) got made fun of for their baby names. I know I've made fun of plenty of baby names myself.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:84349ca6-3f26-4bb9-b971-e5e7c0634190Post:106712db-8af7-4d94-8ed4-c41736916d51">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : That's true, but buffets aren't going to help you lose any weight.  <strong>If you already have a hard time with it, and you want to lose, then why would you go to a buffet?</strong>  Or if you chose to, at least acknowledge that it's not going to help you lose any weight.  When I go, I know I'm making a not-so-good decision but damnit, I want some kung po chicken.  People got super-defensive and I don't understand why.
    Posted by NuggetBrain[/QUOTE]

I can definitely see this.....
    I freaking love buffets. Does anybody have Sweet Tomatoes by you? I go there every Saturday and actually consider it a splurge. It's a SALAD bar restaurant, but my average meal there is about 850 calories. That's a lot for a lunch!

It's not so much WHAT I'm choosing to eat there... it's the amount that I actually put down. I think it's a matter of going to a buffet and feeling like you need to eat a good amount because your paying a good amount. Gotta get your "money's worth."

Now, in Vegas we always go to buffets. It's just cheaper that way. If you go to a brunch buffet for $27pp and it keeps you full until dinner, you don't need to spend $15 on a freaking veggie burger.. I guess it's just more economical and I love the dessert options.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:84349ca6-3f26-4bb9-b971-e5e7c0634190Post:a38322ca-4a09-428f-81ef-fd2cc6c9672d">Re: AYG</a>:
    Posted by mag920[/QUOTE]
    I second this. I'm glad she came by to put people in their places. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:84349ca6-3f26-4bb9-b971-e5e7c0634190Post:efb6095f-bfb4-4f11-829d-b0da410b72f4">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why is it ok for us to make fun of people from the Bump about the names they choose, but Tide is immune to it? I'm not being bitchy, I'm just legitimately asking. I've seen several threads where real posters (not on TK, but posters nonetheless) got made fun of for their baby names. I know I've made fun of plenty of baby names myself.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

I think it is because it was the thread announcing she had the babies.  Picking on a baby name before they are born seems not as harsh as picking on the name of an already born child.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:84349ca6-3f26-4bb9-b971-e5e7c0634190Post:efb6095f-bfb4-4f11-829d-b0da410b72f4">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why is it ok for us to make fun of people from the Bump about the names they choose, but Tide is immune to it? I'm not being bitchy, I'm just legitimately asking. I've seen several threads where real posters (not on TK, but posters nonetheless) got made fun of for their baby names. I know I've made fun of plenty of baby names myself.
    It is generally accepted on TB to make fun of people's suggested names, but not once they are given. This applies to names given to the kids of posters. There is a thread every day on the name board about other hideous names you hear elsewhere that are presumably not related to posters on the site.<div>
    </div><div>The point is that making fun of a name a kid already has is basically making fun of the kid. Yes, there are shades of grey, but its generally not nice to do it right in the face of the parent. </div>
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I agree that buffets, fast food, and just general unhealthy good choices have contributed to the obesity problem in America; however I don't go around judging people like that. There are many problems underlying obesity and I would never feel it appropriate to call someone out on their unhealthy choices. They are adults for christs sake. Also, I just found her tone preachy and judged like people want and try to be fat. Bad food choices and buffets have nada to do with my weight issues yet I know I would be someone she'd judge.
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:84349ca6-3f26-4bb9-b971-e5e7c0634190Post:efb6095f-bfb4-4f11-829d-b0da410b72f4">Re: AYG</a>:
    It's not really ok to make fun of anyone's name. But on the other hand, we know Tide and we want to defend our friends when someone calls them out or pokes fun at them. Just like when newbs post about something that might be against etiquette everyone generally jumps on them, but if a reg posts about something similar then reaction isn't quite as harsh or it's more of a 'oh we know you so it's not so terrible' attitude. KWIM?
  • Options
    I think it's shirty to make fun of a baby's name anywhere. Unless it's something like shiit pants or pukey pylons.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:84349ca6-3f26-4bb9-b971-e5e7c0634190Post:44c33c92-b4d2-4f4b-a220-be587709bde8">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AYG : <strong> I think it is because it was the thread announcing she had the babies.</strong>  Picking on a baby name before they are born seems not as harsh as picking on the name of an already born child.
    Posted by Wrkn925[/QUOTE]

Whoa, shitty. :( Poor Tide. (p.s. congrats Tide!!!)

I caught some of the obesity debate in FFF, and it made me uncomfortable as well. It reminded me of my douchey ex who was image-obsessed and had plans to become a plastic surgeon. He said that once he became licensed, he'd keep an eye out for people in public with "deformities" and then go up to them and give them his card, so that they can get some help in getting it fixed. Yeah, we argued about that one a lot.

Not saying Andy reminds me of my douchey ex, but the idea of approaching strangers, unsolicited, about something so personal (no matter how "obvious" it might be) just had the same icky ring to it.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    marateamaratea member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_ayg-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:84349ca6-3f26-4bb9-b971-e5e7c0634190Post:fb3af73f-2d39-4b48-a783-6d6676d6c94c">Re: AYG</a>:
    [QUOTE]LALALINKED: <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_stolen-sb-tide-her-babies" rel='nofollow'>http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_stolen-sb-tide-her-babies</a>
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]
    Well. That certainly changes my opinion about some people.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Tide's kid's names aren't even that "different."  I think they're nice. 

That, and well.  My entire family (parents included) has names that all start with the same letter.  We joke that it's kinda dumb, but we actually kinda like it.
    panther
  • Options
    Sarah, that distinction makes sense then. I was just wondering, because making fun of baby names is something that I've for sure seen happen numerous times.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    MandK9MandK9 member
    First Comment
    I actually really love the name Taryn, a lot.

• Options
    OMFG.  Seriously, errybody has seen somebody doing something, or saying something, or acting a certain way, and has in their head wanted to go up to them and say something.  Wanting to do it and actually doing it are two different things. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards