Snarky Brides
Options

Friends wedding 5 weeks before mine!

Hi Ladies,

Longtime lurker, first time poster here.

Bit of back story: I'm from the Uk and have been living in Oz with my australian fiance for 3yrs, wedding is going to be in oz, My wedding date is set for April 2012.

My BFF of 20+ years is also getting married, it was set for Sept this year, but I have just found out that she's decided to move it to March, 5 weeks before mine (She lives in the UK).

Here's where I need your advice, is it feasible to have a trip 7-10 days in length in the lead up to my own wedding to attend hers? I have guests coming over to Oz three weeks before my wedding and they will be staying with me and FI's family.

Money is also a bit of a sore point, its 2k for flights, which would have been ok for a Sept wedding but will be really difficult to budget for so close to our own.

I'm also concerned about my annual leave allowance which is renewed in Jan, meaning that I will be able to take less holiday for my own wedding and to spend time with family and friends who have come over to attend and visit. I was hoping to take 3 weeks.

My BFF has had a really hard 2 years and has struggled with depression which I have helped her with and I really want to be there for her.

WWYD? Any advise or solutions would be greatly appreciated :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards