Snarky Brides
Options

B!tch about FB here.

So I posted something about today being the anniversary of Pearl Harbor and how its kinda sad that people who were all BSC about the cartoon thing, are not showing the same passion for PH.

Well this girl just posts on her status:

Understands and acknowledges today is the Anniversary of Pearl Harbor but thinks everyone else doing the same should also acknowledge that 30 years ago today we lost JOHN LENNON!

Really?  John Lennon trumps Pearl Harbor?
045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
BabyFruit Ticker
DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!

Re: B!tch about FB here.

• Options
    Oh lord.

I totally schooled some douche bag last week who posted that all Republicans hate poor people or something.  If he hasn't blocked me or deleted it, I'll post it.

• Options
    She crazy.
  • Options
    I thought John Lennon was killed on the 8th? I don't think he gets two days. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_btch-fb-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:89507562-99f1-4e2e-896a-c783df9e38cfPost:39547a2c-4000-4e1b-b663-c2a65fc05fb2">B!tch about FB here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I posted something about today being the anniversary of Pearl Harbor and how its kinda sad that people who were all BSC about the cartoon thing, are not showing the same passion for PH. Well this girl just posts on her status: Understands and acknowledges today is the Anniversary of Pearl Harbor but thinks everyone else doing the same should also acknowledge that 30 years ago today we lost JOHN LENNON! Really?  John Lennon trumps Pearl Harbor?
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Oh dear.  Please tell me that you said that to her!  Some people's priorities amaze me.
  • Options
    Oh wow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_btch-fb-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:89507562-99f1-4e2e-896a-c783df9e38cfPost:a4af630f-d375-49a1-a1a5-63dbb57b2fe4">Re: B!tch about FB here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I thought John Lennon was killed on the 8th? I don't think he gets two days. 
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

OMG, lol.

I probable have posted about this girl before.  She is the one who lost custody of 2 kids for being a crack head, got clean but didnt want her kids back, so she had another kid, is on probabtion but wants to fight girls all the time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Today's FI's birthday, so obviously that trumps PH. And everything else until my birthday.

• Options
    Ugh. Katie Lee Gifford just mentioned the anniversary of Pearl Harbor in the same breath as the 10 year anniversary of her Broadway debut. Yet one more reason I cannot stand that obnoxious woman.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah Lennon was definitely shot on the 8th.  It was a horribly tragic thing that happened to John Lennon - but seriously.  How many people died during the Pearl Harbor attack!?

If someone wrote that in my newsfeed I'd comment about how she has her days effed up.
    panther
  • Options
    I'll just post the highlights; one of his tool friends tried to back him up and this thing went on for 13 posts:

Keith: The difference between Republicans and Democrats is that Democrats will pass a crap ass bill (healthcare, stimulus, bush tax cuts, etc.) in order to help more Americans live while Republicans would rather people suffer than back down on principles.

Brent:  Are you watching The View? :)

Keith:   Nope, just reading about the House putting up the Bush Tax Cuts for those making 250000 or less for a vote and the Republicans are threatening to filibuster in the Senate because its not a higher threshold. They complain about the deficit and the debt and then want to add 700 billion more to the issue for the richest 2%

MFJ: Or, you know, we could cut spending. I don't think it's fair to suggest that Republicans want people to "suffer." And that's coming from a Libertarian.

Spoiler alert:  someone lost an argument about taxes.  I'll give you two guesses who, and the first one doesn't count.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_btch-fb-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:89507562-99f1-4e2e-896a-c783df9e38cfPost:67ed91cb-e13e-4217-a178-661d969918f6">Re: B!tch about FB here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah Lennon was definitely shot on the 8th.  It was a horribly tragic thing that happened to John Lennon - but seriously.  How many people died during the Pearl Harbor attack!? If someone wrote that in my newsfeed I'd comment about how she has her days effed up.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

I commented on it.  Simple.  I wrote "John Lennon died on Dec 8th"

She will probably post something now about "Bitched thinking they are so smart".
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_btch-fb-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:89507562-99f1-4e2e-896a-c783df9e38cfPost:d0321f98-e37e-4663-b41a-1e16acc21026">Re: B!tch about FB here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B!tch about FB here. : I commented on it.  Simple.  I wrote "John Lennon died on Dec 8th" She will probably post something now about "Bitched thinking they are so smart".

MFJ likes this post.

• Options
    I just saw that on your FB, Blue. It is definitely PH day. John Lennon was just ONE person. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_btch-fb-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:89507562-99f1-4e2e-896a-c783df9e38cfPost:d0321f98-e37e-4663-b41a-1e16acc21026">Re: B!tch about FB here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B!tch about FB here. : I commented on it.  Simple.  I wrote "John Lennon died on Dec 8th" She will probably post something now about "Bitched thinking they are so smart".

BLUE FTW.
    panther
  • Options
    I woke up this morning to this rant by my brother on FB:

I'm a bit annoyed tonight so I'll go ahead and post my thoughts. Usually rants such as this are only in my head but what the hell ...

I keep seeing comments by people all over facebook and the internets regarding this recent game of changing your profile pic to a cartoon so I thought I'd set the record straight for those who don't wis...h to do a little research.

The truth is that it had nothing to do with child abuse and wasn't started by pedophiles. It was a fun nostalgia game people tried about a month ago that never caught on. All it needed was some pretend activism and it exploded. Like many facebook memes, it also wasn't started by a rogue group of child molesters (as is always claimed near the death of the meme).

In the end it did nothing positive or negative other than letting people have some fun. If you did it thinking you were helping childre in the world, good for you, you now feel better about yourself. You of course did nothing to actually help children but this is nothing new. Unlike issues such as breast cancer, AIDS prevention or poverty, there is no debate, there is no opposing side and there is no lack of awareness.

If you're afraid pedophiles are after your children, you're right, you should be. The attack won't come in a facebook meme, however. They can set their picture to a cartoon any day of the year. It's up to us as parents to monitor and edu...cate our children about internet safety. This IS an issue where awareness might actually do some good but, unfortunately, facebook users probably aren't the best target audience. More helpful would be to inform those parents who don't know how to use a computer and still believe pedophiles only come in windowless vans.

ok, rant over. If I don't lose all my facebook friends maybe I'll offer my thoughts on the "War On Christmas" :)

It took him one status update and four comments to write it. I wanted to "like" the entire thing.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_btch-fb-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:89507562-99f1-4e2e-896a-c783df9e38cfPost:24f3c448-8df8-4965-9d04-dfe9b69f9b48">Re: B!tch about FB here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just saw that on your FB, Blue. It is definitely PH day. John Lennon was just ONE person. 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

Hi!  Youre married!  Can you AW it please????
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Um, my WoW guild totally downed the Lich King last night less than 4 hours before Cata dropped.

Sorry PH, John Lennon, and battered childrend, but that just trumps everything ever ... until we down Death Wing.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    I am so tired of the "awareness" statuses.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_btch-fb-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:89507562-99f1-4e2e-896a-c783df9e38cfPost:1348a2f3-8fb4-4cfa-b9dd-13ead2c462c1">Re: B!tch about FB here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong><u>Um, my WoW guild totally downed the Lich King last night less than 4 hours before Cata dropped</u></strong>. Sorry PH, John Lennon, and battered childrend, but that just trumps everything ever ... until we down Death Wing.
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]

Some days I really wish I knew what that meant. 

But most days I dont.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_btch-fb-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:89507562-99f1-4e2e-896a-c783df9e38cfPost:af89ee32-8c45-4953-82c3-da350e781284">Re: B!tch about FB here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am so tired of the "awareness" statuses.
    Posted by marriedfilingjointly[/QUOTE]

But Dinosaur Awareness is a very important topic
  • Options
    I can't decide if I'm more annoyed with the awareness statuses or those like my cousin's wife:

LET'S SEE WHO IS PAYING ATTENTION. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU ARE ON MY FRIENDS LIST AS A RESULT OF A CONSCIOUS DECISION; I WANTED YOU THERE! I AM NOT ONLY GLAD TO COUNT YOU AS FRIENDS, BUT ALSO FAMILY. LET'S SEE WHO ON MY FRIENDS LIST ACTUALLY PAYS ATTENTION. COPY & PASTE THIS AS YOUR STATUS. I'LL BE WATCHING TO SEE WHO REALLY DOES CHERISH FAMILY & FRIENDSHIP
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_btch-fb-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:89507562-99f1-4e2e-896a-c783df9e38cfPost:ffbbb9f3-b646-4480-bb19-6c300bce66e3">Re: B!tch about FB here.</a>:
    [QUOTE] Spoiler alert:  someone lost an argument about taxes.  I'll give you two guesses who, and the first one doesn't count.

*like*

"tax cuts" or "tax hikes" are so freakin' political it's ridiculous.  I'd like to see a graph of the total actual federal tax owed and paid for each year, with an overlaid timeline of "major cuts" or "raised" taxes.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_btch-fb-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:89507562-99f1-4e2e-896a-c783df9e38cfPost:af89ee32-8c45-4953-82c3-da350e781284">Re: B!tch about FB here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am so tired of the "awareness" statuses.

Usually the only "awareness" that those statuses inspire in me is how "aware" I suddenly am of how obnoxious my FB friends are.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Birdie: Your brother rocks my face off.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_btch-fb-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:89507562-99f1-4e2e-896a-c783df9e38cfPost:41d92f49-d918-48d2-9392-d80adc7521ef">Re: B!tch about FB here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't decide if I'm more annoyed with the awareness statuses or those like my cousin's wife: LET'S SEE WHO IS PAYING ATTENTION. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU ARE ON MY FRIENDS LIST AS A RESULT OF A CONSCIOUS DECISION; I WANTED YOU THERE! I AM NOT ONLY GLAD TO COUNT YOU AS FRIENDS, BUT ALSO FAMILY. LET'S SEE WHO ON MY FRIENDS LIST ACTUALLY PAYS ATTENTION. COPY & PASTE THIS AS YOUR STATUS. I'LL BE WATCHING TO SEE WHO REALLY DOES CHERISH FAMILY & FRIENDSHIP
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]

How about this one?

<span class="UIStory_Message"><em>Leave me a # from 1-808 in my inbox and I will tell u how I feel about u in my status

</em></span>1 hour and 25 status updates later I am deleting this broad from my friends.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_btch-fb-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:89507562-99f1-4e2e-896a-c783df9e38cfPost:1348a2f3-8fb4-4cfa-b9dd-13ead2c462c1">Re: B!tch about FB here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Um, my WoW guild totally downed the Lich King last night less than 4 hours before Cata dropped.</strong> Sorry PH, John Lennon, and battered childrend, but that just trumps everything ever ... until we down Death Wing.
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]

Grats!

I just installed Cata, even though DH went out to get it at midnight.  I'll have to wait until Emma goes to bed before playing, though.  Ohhhh, 7pm, you are too far away!
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    My biggest irritation is with my dad's girlfriend. Completely putting aside the bad grammar and spelling, she constantly trashes her kids. She makes jokes like, "here is fat boy in the pool!" (the kid is not fat at all) and "Look at X, she's being retarded again!" (the girl is extremely intelligent). I HATE it and have started trying to counter each insult with something positive.

This last one, she posted something about how a parent is only as successful as their dumbest child. So I said, "Good thing both of yours are so smart then!" and she answered with "The jury's still out." I know she's trying to be funny, but I'm at my breaking point. Her kids are so sweet and smart and I hate the way she treats them, and my dad my association.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_btch-fb-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:89507562-99f1-4e2e-896a-c783df9e38cfPost:cdf527c2-e5d6-448a-9aec-2c4b09af5d48">Re: B!tch about FB here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: B!tch about FB here. : *like* "tax cuts" or "tax hikes" are so freakin' political it's ridiculous.  I'd like to see a graph of the total actual federal tax owed and paid for each year, with an overlaid timeline of "major cuts" or "raised" taxes.
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

Well according to Whoopie and Joy on todays show, they single handedly bailed out the banks.  So they get the say.  Obviously.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_btch-fb-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:89507562-99f1-4e2e-896a-c783df9e38cfPost:1ff0c0f1-8d29-4936-b484-57bd3216ebd7">Re: B!tch about FB here.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Birdie: Your brother rocks my face off.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

He and SIL have been pretty awesome this week. They've been writing angry statuses all week about "fvck your slacktism" and how they were actually donating to a charity instead of changing their profile pic.
  • Options
    Ooh, and the ones with "I'm not afraid: Jesus is my lord and savior! 93% of people won't re-post this because they are afraid of being judged for loving Jesus".

No, douchenozzle, 93% of people won't re-post that because they're afraid of being judged for being an asshole.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards