Snarky Brides
Options

What is your favourite thing about summer?

I am trying to remind myself of why this time of year is good (I am marking and doing report cards) so please share your favourite thing about summer...

I love that I am off work (really off work, where there is actually no work I have to do in any way) and that it is warm (pretty big thing in Canada)...

I also love cold drinks with friends in back yards or on restaurant/bar patios...

I love it when it rains/thunders in the summer. 

K...give me yours...

Re: What is your favourite thing about summer?

• Options

Berries: Strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and cherries. I could eat them all, every day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I love being off (fellow teacher)
    I love sleeping in.
    Going out for ice cream at 830pm and still light out
    BBQ's
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love opening windows and making the house smell better.   (and save money on heating bills!)

DQ is open!!!

More hours at work because the kids are off school! :)
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm excited because this is the first summer since 2002 that I don't have to work full time!
    I love opening the windows in my car while driving, getting a nice healthy summer tan, working outdoors in the garden/yard, and wearing tank top and skirts.
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    Central air. :)
  • Options
    Good call on the awesome fresh fruit Sarah!

I love the smells. Bonfires, fresh mulch, sea breeze, hotdogs on the grille and dewey mornings. Love it!
  • Options
    Yes, tank tops and flip flops are my favorite!
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    The farmers market, gardening, taking photographs of flowers, being able to walk outside in what im wearing inside, flip flops, cold beer, sun dresses, the smell of sunscreen, long days, thunderstorms.
  • Options
    now I am craving both cherries and a good hot dog...

and I love central air and wish it weren't so effing expensive...we have it but try really hard not to use it because it kills the electricity bill but when it is 30+ (which I realize is nothing for some of you Southerners..) I can't sand to sleep without it.

I love not working. I cannot wait until June 30th (last day of work). I know most people have no sympathy for teachers because we get so much time off. I get it. But I am still really really excited for my break. By the time June 30th rolls around I am usually so exhausted I am ready to die. Last year I was so stressed at the end of the year I clenched my teeth so hard in my sleep that I cracked a tooth that was under a crown and I had to have it pulled...so around this time of year I wear my night guard!
  • Options
    summer thunder storms
    going swimming every weekend
    being sunkissed
    grilling out
    wearing dresses without tights
    summer vacations
  • Options
    # you guys go really late!  Our teachers have been out of school for over 3 weeks!
  • Options
    Fruit, flip flops, warmth, the beach!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_favourite-thing-summer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8e3b0d41-d4c8-4791-a4c6-1daedb7b4ed5Post:d6dd3074-e0ea-4ef3-838d-6b8e9546da4e">Re: What is your favourite thing about summer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good call on the awesome fresh fruit Sarah! I love the smells. Bonfires, fresh mulch, sea breeze, hotdogs on the grille and dewey mornings. Love it!
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

This. We were just driving home last night and the smells were great. And we live in a semi-rural neighborhood with woods beside us, so we open the windows at night and listen to the frogs, and bugs. Feels like were camping in our house.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_favourite-thing-summer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8e3b0d41-d4c8-4791-a4c6-1daedb7b4ed5Post:a10da00b-2b31-45e6-aaef-b1a1c9190eec">Re: What is your favourite thing about summer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]# you guys go really late!  Our teachers have been out of school for over 3 weeks!
    Posted by barbbhoww[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, we work 194 days a year...and they have to fall between September 1st and June 30th. This year because of where labour day fell (kids don't start before labour day) it meant that we had to work all the way up to the end of June. I would kill to have been out already...most of the kids are 'done' and frankly, so are the teachers!</div><div>
    </div><div>When does the school year tend to start, or does it vary from state to state?</div>
  • Options
    I love the smell of sunscreen.  I love eating ice cream outside.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I love being outdoors on a summer night, with the balmy air and the crickets and all the good smells. Summer nights always make me happy.
    imageimage
    Our Story MAJORLY UPDATED 8/6/09
    Wouldn't it be nice to live together in the kind of world where we belong?
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_favourite-thing-summer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8e3b0d41-d4c8-4791-a4c6-1daedb7b4ed5Post:287b5842-18ec-4040-82f5-8da0a8dd4d44">Re: What is your favourite thing about summer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]summer thunder storms going swimming every weekend <strong>being sunkissed </strong>grilling out wearing dresses without tights summer vacations
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Lucky you! The only thing I ever am during the summer is sunBURNED.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Oh another thing: victoria day, canada day, the civic holiday and labour day. 4best days of the entire summer, AND best drinking days.
  • Options
    i kinda hate the summer...well since i moved to texas....its toohot to do anything.....but my usual summer loves where, frozen cocktails with my gfs, bbqs, the pool, sundresses :)
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    Kayaking
    Fireworks (4th of July)
    Spending time with my family at the beach
  • Options
    Fishing
    Farmers Market (try getting decent veggies in Wyoming, the FM is all we get, then back to frozen veggies for the rest of the year)
    and, I'm with Shelly here, the smell of sunscreen.

AMA over 40
    Massive uterine fibroids removed 3/06
    BFP 1/11; MM/C discovered @ 10w, loss at 6w; Cytotec
    B/W 7/11 = normal CD3, FSH 8.9; 7DPO progesterone 1.7
    Three Clomid cycles, all BFN, Off to an RE for me...
    FSH=8.7 E2=30 AMH=1.8 HSG clear, SA=great
    Inj. IUI #1 12/9/11 BFN, Inj. IUI #2 1/6/12 BFN
    Inj. IUI #3 1/30/12 BFP!, HCG doubled through 6w, 7w u/s mm/c twins
    Lost our known donor to unplanned pregnancy
    Factor V Leiden, Hetero, symptomatic
    Op Hysteroscopy 5/12, removed scar tissue and uterine septum
    Doing Cryo-DE IVF and older child adoption (Home visit- Check!)
    Beautiful hatching 5-blast transfered 8/30
    BFP 9/7/12 EDD May 19, 2013, beta #1=291 beta #2=762 beta #3=7306
    Sneek peak u/s shows HB at 6w1d!!! 123bpm!
    Still have a HB at 18w0d!!! 142bpm! Grow, baby, grow!
    Great NT scan, but, placenta previa. Resolving!
    Labile Hypertension, placed on HBP meds to try to avoid pre-e
    A/S on 12/21/12, Petra's having a baby, it's the end of the world!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    PGAL Siggy Challenge- Animal Hangovers!
    "Petra, you are an obese 40+ year old. Stop jumping through these hoops. Just adopt already. There is no shame in that." -Deethebee
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    There's not a whole lot of things I love about summer.  I'm definitely more of a cool weather girl.  But I do love it being light outside till 8pm.  And restaurant patio seating when its not too hot.  I live for outdoor seating on nice days.  And the plethora of fresh fruit avaliable.

"Whatever East. You're just mad I RSVP'd "lame" to your pre-wedding sleepover."
  • Options
    I love swimming in the ocean, wakeboading, tubing and boating.  Basically anything to do with the water.  Oh, and surfing.  :  )
  • Options
    I detest summer but I do like crawfish boils.
  • Options

Fruit and cook-outs

I was thinking, "What is she still doing in school", and then I saw you were Canadian. School is over at the end of June, correct?

Photobucket

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards