Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

NWR: Doctors

How do I go about changing doctors? The nurses at my docs office are rude, and my doc only spends about 5 minutes with me,and he hardly listens to how I'm feeling and stuff. I want a doc thats closer to me(in miles), and actually listens, and whose nurses aren't rude. TIA!

Re: NWR: Doctors

• Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're on insurance just find another doctor and see if they are accepting new patients and start going to that doctor instead. If you aren't on insurance...just find another doctor. I am not aware of anything special you have to do to switch. Your new doctor should be able to gain access to your medical records from your old dr if needed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think most doctor's offices will have a process for sending your records to another doctor's office.  I haven't gotten around to requesting my records from my old doctor's office, but I remember my old doctor's office having signs about transferring records.  That office charged if you wanted a copy of your own file, but they would transfer your records to another doctor for free.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If your insurance requires that you have Primary Care Physician, then you'll need to call you insurance to let them know who you want to change to before you can start going to someone different.  Some insurance companies also have waiting periods before you can start using your new doc.
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto, SCBride.  That's typically how it works if you're on an HMO.  Calling your insurance or the Payroll and Benefits Dept. where you work (or where your H works) would be a good place to start to check on that.
  • Options
    danielle0789danielle0789 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I didnt know I would have to call my insurance company, but now I do! Thanks so much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards