Snarky Brides
Options

Confessions

I know you will all say this is silly, but, I confess that part of me didn't even want to announce the pregnancy here, with so many of my friends having trouble getting pregnant.  It doesn't seem fair that not only was it unplanned and a complete surprise, but now I get 2, when others are having problems with 1. 

Now you go.
Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Confessions

• Options
    I sometimes wish I didn't have to work so I could get everything else done: clean, cook. bake, organize, etc. (yes I'm a little OCD)
    *~* Mrs.J *~*
  • Options
    I hate FI's job. He's gone all the time. I've been ok with that for a few months now, but it's been hard for me this week. Once I get started thinking awful things about what all he could be doing while he's all over the country, I can't stop myself. It's completely unfounded. He's given me zero reason to ever think he'd do anything to hurt me. But that doesn't stop me thinking the worst. I don't know why. I hate it. I can't stand myself when I'm this way.

I'm sick of this wedding and everything related to it. I don't want to think about it anymore. I just want it to be over and be married. Stupid fucking party.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    Tide, I confess that I have the same fear for if/when I get pregnant, both here and at work.

I confess that I am now getting scared about TTC because I'm a horrible housekeeper, and people will want to come over. Also, cleaning up after another person terrifies me because I don't think I'll do it right and people will question my parenting skills because of it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    god so many friends and family members would kill me for this....

I love law school and I feel good at this but I wish I never went. I am running out of steam and I still have a year and the bar exam. I have no passion for this anymore. Every day feels like torture. I want to be passionate about what I do and so far.. I am just floating. I hate it. I feel like I made a huge mistake that will leave me working in a stressful industry. After my first year I used to tell people you had to love it to do it and if you didn't, don't go to law school. When did I stop loving this?

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    Hmmm... I have so many!

I confess:

...that I nearly paged you Tide to say how cute Taryn looked in your new siggy.

..that, while I love my career dearly, I think about what it would be like to stay home to take care of my kids.  I judge myself hardcore for this.

...that I consider GBCKing almost every day.

• Options
    *hugs*

I confess that I have cried when knotties (not you Tide, for the record, my reaction to your news was Surprised, more Taryns!!!) have gotten pregnant right away.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8fd96571-193f-4104-9436-0a649778cde3Post:833b8da5-cd1f-4960-a30d-6fde96f05028">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate FI's job. He's gone all the time. I've been ok with that for a few months now, but it's been hard for me this week. Once I get started thinking awful things about what all he could be doing while he's all over the country, I can't stop myself. It's completely unfounded. He's given me zero reason to ever think he'd do anything to hurt me. But that doesn't stop me thinking the worst. I don't know why. I hate it. I can't stand myself when I'm this way. I'm sick of this wedding and everything related to it. I don't want to think about it anymore. I just want it to be over and be married. Stupid fucking party.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

<div>My FI is an OR Tech and on-call a lot and has to stay at the hospital, I do the same thing most nights. I know he'd never do anything but he works with mostly females and they tried to tell me lost of lies when I used to work there.</div>
    *~* Mrs.J *~*
  • Options
    I'm sorry LC.  I know I see your FB updates all the time about FI coming/going.  It makes me wish you lived closer so that we could hang out while he's gone.
  • Options
    confession:  I was angry/jealous/sad yesterday when you announced the twins.  It was irrational and I'm completely over it and totally excited for you.  Although I did discover where I hid my 14 year old mentality... she's nasty.  I shall try to not let anyone get a peek at her again  ;)
  • Options
    Sarah, if this is butting in territory than ignore I said it, but flylady.com has helped me soooooooooooo much with being neater. Even my crazy neat freak husband has commented on how much I've changed in the last year.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Whats CIO?

I confess that H's bestfriend is really annoying that crap out of me. He has always been my bestfriend too but recently it's too much. Seriously, I know how many woman you have slept with since the"big break up" and I want you to stop telling me about it, and yes I will tell you that you can and may get HIV because you often don't wear a condom.

I am to the point of not wanting to hang out anymore!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8fd96571-193f-4104-9436-0a649778cde3Post:08bd1cba-37f5-4d65-badd-8413b8675c65">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]LC!!! Hi. I wish I lived closer too. We could hang out and plan your wedding and drink and stuff. Neither of us would be as lonely. :)
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]
    Heeeeeeeey! I've missed you :) Oddly enough, FI is in NC this week. Asheville today and Charlotte tomorrow. Wait, I know you moved but you're still in NC right?
  • Options
    I confess that I do not like my little sister at all. I cant find it inside of me to love her. I didn't like her before she was conceived, while she was growing, or after she was born. I confess that I am a bitch for saying this but I don't feel bad that my mom knows that I don't like my sister because I told her before she got pregnant that I didn't want a little sibling and I wouldn't like it. I judge/hate myself for feeling this way but no matter what I do or how hard I try I just don't love her.

Ahh I feel like a horrible person now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8fd96571-193f-4104-9436-0a649778cde3Post:fc5be299-d405-4973-96d9-cd276bb60fb5">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : I feel terrible about it. Totally terrible. Babies are a happy thing! No matter who is becoming the mommy.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

Well, don't beat yourself up about feeling that way- its normal, even if it makes no sense, cuz yes babies are a happy thing.
    If you ever need to vent, you can message me. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8fd96571-193f-4104-9436-0a649778cde3Post:98f69226-646b-47e0-b91b-4b027b0f6ac0">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Joy - thank you!  And why, GBCK?  We would miss you.
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

So many reasons.  They range from "this place rots my brain" to "I am very different than many of you."  But, I enjoy many of the conversations.  They keep me coming back :)
  • Options
    I also confess that FI asked me to do B-pics (he said I offerred to do them. I don't remember that), and I really don't want to because I am SO uncomfortable with my body. I know he will love them, but I don't want to look at them at all. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8fd96571-193f-4104-9436-0a649778cde3Post:57ff220e-b073-4448-ac95-3442f228167a">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : Heeeeeeeey! I've missed you :) Oddly enough, FI is in NC this week. Asheville today and Charlotte tomorrow. Wait, I know you moved but you're still in NC right?
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

Yep! I moved, but to Charlotte. I lost my job, and I'm here all day working on this house and looking for a job and terrified to spend money since I don't have a job. It's a vicious circle. LOL

Next time come with him and hang out with me!
  • Options
    I wish H would cut ties with his family. MIL is toxic and after their conversation tonight, it just got worse. I don't want to be around them because they bring H and I down, and they aren't nice.

I also wish this because when they die, I don't want to have to deal with their horrendous finances. Or sort through all the crap in their house.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8fd96571-193f-4104-9436-0a649778cde3Post:b9e91ced-6e57-4445-b654-3ad0288c9702">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sucrets - awww.  That must have been SO HARD.  You are braver than me. Anna - Your reaction is completely understandable, considering that you got bad news from the doc yesterday.  I really, really hope things work out for you.

Tide - are you on FB right now?
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8fd96571-193f-4104-9436-0a649778cde3Post:f6130933-aa70-42aa-8aaa-21b8faaa3800">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and Joy, Please don't go away. I very much enjoy your posts.
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

Aw - thanks, Sarah.  I enjoy you, too!  We were newbies together :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:8fd96571-193f-4104-9436-0a649778cde3Post:9ee3ef6f-4e80-480d-9f3f-caf40b2d4d49">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bec, I should probably come visit, huh? :)
    Posted by mag920[/QUOTE]

YES. Yes you should. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8fd96571-193f-4104-9436-0a649778cde3Post:b9e91ced-6e57-4445-b654-3ad0288c9702">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sucrets - awww.  That must have been SO HARD.  You are braver than me. Anna - Your reaction is completely understandable, considering that you got bad news from the doc yesterday.  I really, really hope things work out for you.

Thanks.  And I hope it works out for you!  And by that, I mean I hope there's a boy somewhere in there.  Girls are great but your poor H if they're both female!
  • Options
    I wish that FI was never married before, because he wouldn't have that stupid vasectomy... But we also wouldn't have his kids... 
    *~* Mrs.J *~*
  • Options
    Sucrets - no.  I'm at work, although my FB may or may not be open right now.  I won't be home until 11ish
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8fd96571-193f-4104-9436-0a649778cde3Post:f6130933-aa70-42aa-8aaa-21b8faaa3800">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and Joy, Please don't go away. I very much enjoy your posts. Anna, here's a long one: Yesterday I was talking to my HS BF/BFF and he mentioned that he and his wife might be moving back to SD. He was stationed there when he was in the AF. I confess that instead of thinking "Oh, I can meet Anna when I go visit him" , I thought, "Oh, I can see him when I go visit Anna's new restaurant". 
    Posted by SarahPLiz[/QUOTE]

Yay!  that'd be SO fun!  I'll bet he'd be on the other side of the state though.. oh well.  Guess we SHOULD get a cabin there anyway ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8fd96571-193f-4104-9436-0a649778cde3Post:9ee3ef6f-4e80-480d-9f3f-caf40b2d4d49">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bec, I should probably come visit, huh? :) Sucrets... no judgement here! <strong>Avoid the AP board though</strong> ;) I too have a hard time talking about baby stuff sometimes because a) I feel like I don't want it to consume me or define me b) I feel guilt for how quickly it happened. I lurk a lot more than I post, so sometimes I feel like I have much more of a place here than I actually do. <strong>A part of me hoped that at my Drs. appt yesterday he would tell me that he didn't want me on the road anymore so I could just stay home</strong>. No such luck!
    Posted by mag920[/QUOTE]

Hells yeah.

I love my baby and feel soooo guilty, but I know that it's for the best.  I'll vent to you later (or on FB), if you're interested in my rants.

As for the 2nd part, be careful what you wish for!  ;)
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I was actually surprised how many people thought hipster hitler WASNT funny, because I had a great laugh when I first found it. I think I might have a demented sense of humor, but I get that its making fun of both hitler and hipsters, which is why its funny.
  • Options
    Anna, I've definitely been there. When a knottie got pregnant several months ago I was just sitting over here sobbing and talking to Heels through pms (especially because I got my period that day after the mc, bad timing). I call her the 5 year old biitch child (the inner me, not that knottie). Inside I'm going "That's not fvcking fair, they didn't even try!" while I know I should be happy.
    I think it also depends a lot on the person though. Tide and Sucrets I was nothing but happy for, Mags I was jealous but still really happy. I just have a hard time when people are very anti-baby, then go "Omg I want one" and get pregnant the next month.

But hey, I have a fireplace, so neener neener :P
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8fd96571-193f-4104-9436-0a649778cde3Post:a1689030-12e6-4700-a481-59037739dd6d">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : Well, don't beat yourself up about feeling that way- its normal, even if it makes no sense, cuz yes babies are a happy thing. If you ever need to vent, you can message me. :)
    Posted by staceytaylor0704[/QUOTE]

Thanks.  I think I'm doing the "make jokes and think positive" thing right now.  It's threatening to move into the "throw things and cry when a diaper commercial comes on"  but I'm fighting it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_confessions-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8fd96571-193f-4104-9436-0a649778cde3Post:8ad6cd8b-6184-46b6-9443-e0e3fae2a764">Re: Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions : Yep! I moved, but to Charlotte. I lost my job, and I'm here all day working on this house and looking for a job and terrified to spend money since I don't have a job. It's a vicious circle. LOL Next time come with him and hang out with me!
    Posted by BecW2be[/QUOTE]
    I would have this time, but I too, am unemployed and pretty much terrified to spend money.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards