Snarky Brides

Today is awesome because

H just text me and said that one of the local hospitals contacted his company and wants them to design and do the work for a new addition!!  We are so thrilled - things were starting to look really bad last week (as in two people were asked not to come in until they were called and it was mentioned to H about only coming in two days a week).  Yay!!  Best Monday in a while!

Annnnnnnd you go.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Today is awesome because

• FI mailed me his tax return thingie and some forms I need to file for my visa. FINALLY.
  • Awww Any, that IS awesome!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • That's great news!

Today is awesome because it's Friday.  For me.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • slubkinslubkin member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    Grats, Shay!  That's great news!

ETA:  Also, grats, Any!  I know you've been waiting!

Today is awesome because I have a short work week followed by a long weekend.  WOO HOO!!!!
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • When my boss came in this morning he made it clear that the crazy that went down Friday, and was directed at me, was completely unacceptable and that he doesn't blame me one bit for responding to it the way I did.  It always makes me feel good to know he has my back.

Plus, it's a 3 day week for me :D
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Today is awesome because it's my last day at my wretched job and I get to turn in my exit interview survey today.  It's not pretty.  I'm giddily excited about it.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Awesome! I love hearing good business news. Yay for you and your H!
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge
    Hairstyle Inspiration

Photobucket
  • Lots of good news - that always helps on a Monday.

Today is awesome because it's a short week and FI and I will be on a mini-vacay Thursday.  We are going to the town we are getting married in next year at Thanksgiving.  Can't wait!
    Anniversary
  • Betrothed, what happened Friday?  Good to know your boss has your back regardless!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_today-awesome-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:91519442-92c0-404c-be41-6071e186d90dPost:89531491-77d3-44cc-aacf-d05008154849">Re: Today is awesome because</a>:
    [QUOTE]Awww Any, that IS awesome!
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]

Yup! I made him rush it so I can take it in to be sent to the consulate when I go for my surgery on Friday. Hopefully, after this week it'll only be another two months.
  • Thats great, Shay!

Today is awesome for me because.. uhhh.. I got nothin.
    I mean, the fact that its a 3 day work week is awesome.. and I found out last night that my girls want to throw me a lingerie/ bachelorette party. :)
  • My boss is letting us take short lunches so we can leave early on Wednesday. I scored a sweet-ass deal on Groupon. $30 worth of food for only $5!
  • Today is awesome because its the day before my last day of work before the wedding and honeymoon, and its almost halfway over. YAY!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Today is awesome because I just received an email from my commanding officer authorizing us to work a half day on Wednesday, so I'll techinically only be working 2 1/2 days this week. Woohoo!

Oh, and my coworker (who I loathe, I call him Ferret Boy) was bitching about radio stations playing Christmas music this early in the year, so I put the Glee Christmas album on my iPod. Just for him. Suck it, muthafucka.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Because today is the only day I have to work this week. And I only have 2.5 hours to go.

Any, that's great news. Soon you'll be below the border and on your way to see me!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_today-awesome-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:91519442-92c0-404c-be41-6071e186d90dPost:c1c21a5b-8e16-4115-a39e-c120c1334bcc">Re: Today is awesome because</a>:
    [QUOTE]Betrothed, what happened Friday?  Good to know your boss has your back regardless!
    Posted by shaydenise[/QUOTE]
    This is going to be long:

I spent about an hour on the phone with someone on Thursday explaining to them how to correct a mistake they made (this person contacted me first), even though it wasn't my job to do so.  The 3rd time this person called me and asked the same question that I had already answered twice I told her to talk to the person who's job it was to fix the problem.  They worked together and royally messed it up.  When I got the product of their screw-up I found I was unable to do my part of the job to it, so I politely emailed over there to find out why the instructions I provided were not followed.

I received an email back in all caps berating me for not helping solve the problem the day before when I was asked, and finally ended with a I'm sick of being snarked at by you and I'm about to quit (Yes, the word "snark" appeared in an email to me at work Friday and I was laughing hysterically over it).

Crazy person's boss then emailed me to chew me out for speaking to his wonderful employees in such a manner, telling me he would not stand for it, and telling me I was lying when I said I told the original person how to solve the problem, because I most certainly did not.  He also made it a point to tell me it was not the original person's job to fix the problem and I shouldn't have asked them for help to begin with.

My response to that was basically thanks for the input, but STFU.

I spent all weekend worried my boss was going to chew me out for speaking to one of the higher ups the way I did, but nope, he has my back,.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_today-awesome-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:91519442-92c0-404c-be41-6071e186d90dPost:a0eb1274-b7b4-4f78-8b99-dc8ec94fd188">Re: Today is awesome because</a>:
    [QUOTE] I seriously think some people aren't happy unless they're unhappy, if that makes any sense.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]
    It makes perfect sense, and describes the original crazy to a T.
    Just call me "Brothel"
    my read shelf:
  • congrats on all the awesome for everyone! Shay- what a relief! Any- you are almost there. B- good for you. Its hard to talk back to higher ups but it needs to be done sometimes!

Today is awesome because I thought I had to go downtown for an event at school but its NEXT monday. This just opened up my WHOLE afternoon to get work done... a TOTAL relief for me.

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my book shelf:
    Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Today is awesome because I just had a lady tell me I had to get her sign to her today because she "had to active the prayer someone just said for her. If the sign didn't go up today the prayer and the blessings that go along with it will expire"

Now I have someone to laugh at all day.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti prayer or anti religion. I just find it funny that she said her prayer will expire.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_today-awesome-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:91519442-92c0-404c-be41-6071e186d90dPost:7d4864b1-673a-467e-81a6-1e5240c5814c">Re: Today is awesome because</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Today is awesome because : So excited. Hoping that the forums are all accurate on that timeline.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

I'm really happy for you and really nervous for me!

When did you file the 129-F, again? 
  • Today is awsome because I have a 3 day work week and I'm sending out my first batch of STD's today.   : )
  • I'll jump on the short week train and early day Wednesday.

I also went to my first Knot GTG. I got to meet Mery. Laughing
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_today-awesome-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:91519442-92c0-404c-be41-6071e186d90dPost:72d90d65-288f-4a69-ae11-216d814fe9ff">Re: Today is awesome because</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Today is awesome because : I'm really happy for you and really nervous for me! When did you file the 129-F, again? 
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

End of June? Yeah. I got my letter Sept. 17th, waited 5 weeks for my background check, and then we needed Evidence of Domicile (letter of employment from his boss, copy of his lease, etc.) and evidence of support (his tax return thingie, and the affidavit of support) which is what he's mailing me now.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_today-awesome-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:91519442-92c0-404c-be41-6071e186d90dPost:50d78f7e-2bfa-4aea-af5b-19f359fb7dd1">Re: Today is awesome because</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll jump on the short week train and early day Wednesday.<strong> I also went to my first Knot GTG. I got to meet Mery.</strong>
    Posted by DodgersBride[/QUOTE]

Was it awesome? 

I missed my chance to meet Mery because I decided I was too shy to meet knotties IRL.  I'm kinda kicking myself now. 
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_today-awesome-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:91519442-92c0-404c-be41-6071e186d90dPost:fccb7bdc-c71e-4344-852d-f4f7c05e0980">Re: Today is awesome because</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Today is awesome because : End of June? Yeah. I got my letter Sept. 17th, waited 5 weeks for my background check, and then we needed Evidence of Domicile (letter of employment from his boss, copy of his lease, etc.) and evidence of support (his tax return thingie, and the affidavit of support) which is what he's mailing me now.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

We may not be that far behind, then.  We sent ours in at the beginning of August.  I think I'll start collecting that Evidence of Domicile stuff now though. 

Jef will actually own a house in Phoenix at the time of his interview.  I hope that helps us rather than hurts us.  :3

eta - Oh, are you bringing the 129-F packet to the interview with you?  I have a copy of ours here with me, but I'm thinking I should ship it up to him JIC.
  • Today is awesome because it is snowing and I have to work tonight...so pretty much today is not awesome. But I have tomorrow off! That will be awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Because they FINALLY fired Childress.  FIN.  AL.  LY. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• AnysunriseAnysunrise member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_today-awesome-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:91519442-92c0-404c-be41-6071e186d90dPost:ea913eea-82ea-4854-af9e-93ee23292935">Re: Today is awesome because</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Today is awesome because : We may not be that far behind, then.  We sent ours in at the beginning of August.  I think I'll start collecting that Evidence of Domicile stuff now though.  Jef will actually own a house in Phoenix at the time of his interview.  I hope that helps us rather than hurts us.  :3
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

I imagine it'd be good. Shows his intention to live there and pay taxes and all that, lol. But yeah, definitely get everything together, you guys should be getting it any time now. Have you been checking online?

ETA to your ETA: Yes, send him copies of everything. I have to send it all in again before the interview, and then they'll mail it back to me, tell me to book the interview and exam, and then I'll bring it all with me again.
  • Today is awesome because a) my FI sounds like he is only hacking up one lung and not two and b) he was able to get an appointment to see his GP tomorrow. It was his idea to go to the doctor (for what we think is bronchitis). He has finally been cured of his tough-man, anti-doctor attitude.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_today-awesome-because?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:91519442-92c0-404c-be41-6071e186d90dPost:50d78f7e-2bfa-4aea-af5b-19f359fb7dd1">Re: Today is awesome because</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll jump on the short week train and early day Wednesday. <strong>I also went to my first Knot GTG. I got to meet Mery.
    </strong>Posted by DodgersBride[/QUOTE]

*taps foot impatiently* Pictures?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards