Snarky Brides
Options

People who have been on cruises (Norwegian)

I'm booking our excursions for our cruise and one of the ones we want to do says "ATV blah blah blah - per vehicle."  My question is, since it says per vehicle would you think that I would need to book for both of us or just one of us?  My immediate thought is both of us because they obviously want us to spend more money, but then I thought I don't want two ATVs...  H is going to call at lunch since his name is the primary on it but I figured I would get other opinions.
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: People who have been on cruises (Norwegian)

• Options

I think it's probably going to be per person. Most places will not allow people to double up on ATV's D/T insurance reasons. But I could be wrong. When we cruised with Royal Caribbean excursions would usually be advertised as a certain amount for driver and less for passenger. If it just said one price it typically meant you had to reserve per person. Hope that helps!

Photobucket
  • Options
    Yeah I world normally think it's one person per vehicle but this is specifically a two person ATV.  Sorry I should have put that in there lol.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I wish I had answer-- I'd call and check for sure. It would really suck to pay all of that money and risk only booking one person.

What ship are you going on? I went on a Norwegian a few years ago and it was fabulous.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If it's specifically listed as a 2 person ATV, then you should only be charged the one fee, since you'll only be needing one vehicle.

Just make sure that when you're booking (or when your H calls about it) that they know you want the 2 person ATV. Some of those ATV tours have singles, doubles, and sometimes Gators (4-5 people). That way you'll be sure to only be charged for one vehicle.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

Mallory, we're sailing Norwegian Sun. I think they just premiered it this fall. 
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    They'll get you one way or another; like ok you can rent a two person ATV with one booking but oh yeah, renting a second helmet will be $100 :-)

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    That is super exciting! New ships are the best. I'd really like to go on the Royal Caribbean Allure or Oasis for our honeymoon, but I think we're probably going to cruise out of Baltimore instead on an older ship to cut down costs since we'll be moving in together right around the time of our wedding.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would imagine it's a per vehicle, not per person charge. But like PP said make sure you specify you're reserving it for two people.

Also just a tip, scope out the on board specialty restaurants and make your reservations the first day for the whole week to any you wish to dine in or else you may be SOL. We learned that the hard way.

Photobucket
  • Options
    Ah thanks for the tip kcullen!  We got a ship credit for booking through a specific travel agency so we'll definitely be trying out the specialty restaurants.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Oh yeah! The specialty restaurants are the best. I took a Norwegian cruise in 2008 and they actually had one of the Japanese restaurants on board, the one where the chef cooks at your table. It was amazing and we totally ate there. We got so much food it was definitely worth the $20 extra or whatever it was to dine there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards