Snarky Brides

Think about what you say

Re: Think about what you say

•  
    1st --I have enjoyed wasting the last 30 minutes of my life not only reading this thread, but ALL the posts on the original thread AND the link to the registry (personal fav. = Safeway gift cards.. can't believe no one tore you up for that one!)

2nd-- I have an idea about where the communication might be breaking down. The definition of "snarky" --
    Urban dictionary says people who are snarky give "quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony"

That being said, this the "snarky brides" is probably not the board to turn to when you want "positive feedback." I would suggest your local board or maybe the May 2010 board. Both my local board and month of board are WAY nicer than these people. 

But I do enjoy coming here and reading the way they rip into people sometimes! (Sorry it had to be you! Please learn from this!!) 

Thanks for the gasps...and laughs!

• To the original poster:

I can understand how you feel.  I come to the knot b/c I can learn so much- but there are sooooo many annoying things/people/comments on here.  Listening to girls who have the same maturity level as high schoolers sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me. (I had manners where I grew up- so I am not used to this.)  Some people skip the original question and just look for a reason to attack.  I find it almost impossible to ignore and not respond back- I am an advocate/debater by heart (seriously- this year alone I will have made 2 trips to my state capital and 2 to DC.. lol)- so it's in my nature to respond.  It's always the same people and I already know they dislike me- which is absolutely fine.  Honestly- I find it funny when they put so much effort into their attacks.

Keep posting your questions- it takes longer than normal to go through the bs- but it is worth it if you get the advice you were seeking.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:96e60090-c828-4c51-a97a-94e4063c3556Post:e93b7e1e-58ab-47eb-a397-c3961891cbd6">Re: Think about what you say</a>:
    [QUOTE]To the original poster: I can understand how you feel.  I come to the knot b/c I can learn so much- but there are sooooo many annoying things/people/comments on here.  Listening to girls who have the same maturity level as high schoolers sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me. (I had manners where I grew up- so I am not used to this.)  Some people skip the original question and just look for a reason to attack.  I find it almost impossible to ignore and not respond back- I am an advocate/debater by heart (seriously- this year alone I will have made 2 trips to my state capital and 2 to DC.. lol)- so it's in my nature to respond.  It's always the same people and I already know they dislike me- which is absolutely fine.  Honestly- I find it funny when they put so much effort into their attacks. Keep posting your questions- it takes longer than normal to go through the bs- but it is worth it if you get the advice you were seeking.
    Posted by renee.himes.osu@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

Please go back to your local.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • This is Snarky Brides and The Knot-it is what it is. You can argue I suppose that something has gone beyond what it should, and you may or may not have a valid point but when it comes to posting on a website the best vote is with your feet. If you have a problem with it, leave.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:96e60090-c828-4c51-a97a-94e4063c3556Post:e93b7e1e-58ab-47eb-a397-c3961891cbd6">Re: Think about what you say</a>:
    [QUOTE]To the original poster: I can understand how you feel.  I come to the knot b/c I can learn so much- <strong>but there are sooooo many annoying things/people/comments on here.  Listening to girls who have the same maturity level as high schoolers sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me.</strong> (I had manners where I grew up- so I am not used to this.)  Some people skip the original question and just look for a reason to attack.  I find it almost impossible to ignore and not respond back- I am an advocate/debater by heart (seriously- this year alone I will have made 2 trips to my state capital and 2 to DC.. lol)- so it's in my nature to respond.  It's always the same people and I already know they dislike me- which is absolutely fine.  Honestly- I find it funny when they put so much effort into their attacks. Keep posting your questions- it takes longer than normal to go through the bs- but it is worth it if you get the advice you were seeking.
    Posted by renee.himes.osu@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

Same here...please STFU.

Stop The Drama!

image Love people. Use things. Never confuse the two.
  • Friendlypeanut,

I don't post here at all. However, your screen name is friendlypeanut. If you are a friendly person , why are you posting in "Snarky Brides" . The forum name in itself relates a certain message. Ask your questions on DIY or another board. There is a way of telling someone that you don't like something without being a total bitch. Most of these women just like to put people down to build themselves up. You need to take the high road and just ignore them. Best wishes to you.Smile
  • Hahahahhaha. This whole thread is awesomely hysterical.
  • Can we move the make out session to this thread? I love you all even more now.
  • M&M - this is me and you right at the moment before our eyes meet and we begin to passionately kiss:

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:96e60090-c828-4c51-a97a-94e4063c3556Post:d46c2a85-102d-4808-b348-5bd2dcfb2c48">Re: Think about what you say</a>:
    [QUOTE]Friendlypeanut,    <strong>I don't post here at all.</strong> <strong>(#1) </strong>However, your screen name is friendlypeanut. If you are a friendly person , why are you posting in "Snarky Brides" . The forum name in itself relates a certain message. Ask your questions on DIY or another board. <strong>There is a way of telling someone that you don't like something without being a total bitch.</strong> <strong>Most of these women just like to put people down to build themselves up. (#2) </strong>You need to <strong>take the high road and just ignore them.</strong> <strong>(#3)</strong> Best wishes to you.
    Posted by feleciae19[/QUOTE]

#1 - That's odd, because I see your post here

#2 - Is that what you're doing then?  Putting us down to build yourself up?

#3 - It's much more fun to point out your hypocrisy.

Stop The Drama!

• Oh hey, another post about how people can be "hurtful" on the internet.

Thank you for informing us.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:96e60090-c828-4c51-a97a-94e4063c3556Post:d91ea4ea-a4a9-4ac8-9d85-10d5ba2fdc21">Re: Think about what you say</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yawn.....  1# I was not talking to YOU. 2# I don't spent my weekdays on “The Snarky Brides” board putting women down on the internet like YOU do. 3# There is nothing hypocritical about calling an unkind mean spirited person what they really are. Take care youngin

#1 - When you post in a public forum, you're basically adressing everyone...particularly when you're insulting people as if they weren't able to read what you're posting

#....Y'know I'm actually bored with you already...it's just easier to tell you that if you don't like what people have to say, STFU and don't post stuff in a public forum called "Snarky Brides".

Stop The Drama!

• edited April 2010

I can post whatever I want. I really don't like how you put people down. Looking at your picture you are not ALL that. Now how does it feel for someone pick you apart?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:96e60090-c828-4c51-a97a-94e4063c3556Post:574e6166-b383-4690-9117-527560b7dfc0">Re: Think about what you say</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can post whatever I want. I really don't like how you put people down. Looking at your picture you are not ALL that. Now how does it feel for someone pick you apart? You are just a FAT girl that gets kicks off   trashing people. So now I am trashing you, go lose weight fatty! I am just being Snarky don’t mind me!

There is a huge difference between being snarky and being a total asshole. Congratulations on achieving the latter.
  • edited April 2010

I think all of you ladies were total assholes to friendly peatnut and probably many other people here too. I am just acting  like all of you so I can "fIt In".(rolling my eyes) Maybe some of the things she did is not your taste but you did not have to call her a hoochie or a whore.

Don't tell me to STFU when I was not talking to you in the first place.  For the most part I am a mellow person , but if someone wants to go there with me I will. I have a snarky side too. She likes to pick out others flaws so I am picking out her flaws.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:96e60090-c828-4c51-a97a-94e4063c3556Post:5c7896ca-5b97-4f5c-a296-8efd1edf3897">Re: Think about what you say</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think about what you say : There is a huge difference between being snarky and being a total asshole. Congratulations on achieving the latter.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Don't mind her Cew, she's just being Snarky. It's a proper noun when she does it, you know.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • No one ever said anything about what she looked like. That is a line that we just don't cross. But again, congratulations for taking it to that level. You are a real class act.

We did, however, make fun of her for registering for ice cream and clothes, which is in fact, excruciatingly lame.

• "No one ever said anything about what she looked like. That is a line that we just don't cross. But again, congratulations for taking it to that level. You are a real class act."

I have learned from the best!
    Oh, so you all have boundaries? That is really funny. I really can't tell.  Calling women bitches and hoochies is not classy either...hum.
    If  she wants to disrespect me by telling me to STFU, then I will tell her what I think about her.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:96e60090-c828-4c51-a97a-94e4063c3556Post:282402d1-f54a-4c21-9f5e-eb84ffb44762">Re: Think about what you say</a>:
    [QUOTE] I think all of you ladies were total assholes to friendly peatnut and probably many other people here too. I am just acting  like all of you so I can "fIt In".(rolling my eyes) Maybe some of the things she did is not your taste but you did not have to call her a hoochie or a whore.   I know calling someone fat is wrong. But she does not give a damn about anybody. Don't tell me to STFU when I was not talking to you in the first place.  For the most part I am a mellow person , but if someone wants to go there with me I will. I have a snarky side too. I do not hold anything against obese people. She likes to pick out others flaws so I am picking out her flaws.

<div>I don't think god would appreciate you calling people on the internet assholes.</div>
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I dont post on this board often but I have to chime in on this one:

ITS THE SNARKY BRIDES BOARD!!!!! if you dont like the snarky response post on your wedding club board or local board..... its not that hard to make it stop!

PAL/TTCAL welcome

me and mikeLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    [IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/14lrdpj.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/j65vnd.jpg[/IMG]

This is our rainbow baby! Lincoln born July 23 at 37w6d

Pictures

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:96e60090-c828-4c51-a97a-94e4063c3556Post:23cf1a80-a37e-405f-9ddd-9e6acec800a9">Re: Think about what you say</a>:
    [QUOTE]Every time you post. I image you as this... a demonic woman. Lurking like the devil searching for something (or someone) to steal, kill, and destroy. You find pleasure in tearing apart young women's hopes, dreams, and ideas on the snarky brides board. Maybe you need an exorcism to get rid of all that nastiness?

Meh, Cew's was funnier and had better costumes.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • edited March 2010
    Is that a bathroom sign for the Devil? Does the Devil get it's own bathroom? Is he better than the rest of us? I bet it's because he doesn't aim. At all.  Why is the Devil wearing a skirt?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:96e60090-c828-4c51-a97a-94e4063c3556Post:fe70360a-bf71-44fd-bc17-1018289ed0c6">Re: Think about what you say</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is that a bathroom sign for the Devil? Does the Devil get it's own bathroom? Is he better than the rest of us? I bet it's because he doesn't aim. At all.  Why is the Devil wearing a skirt?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]
    There goes the SoBe!!!!!!!!!

• Hahaha cew.. that picture was hilarious.
    "I believe in the sun when its not shining, in love when I am alone, and in God when He is silent."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:96e60090-c828-4c51-a97a-94e4063c3556Post:fe70360a-bf71-44fd-bc17-1018289ed0c6">Re: Think about what you say</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is that a bathroom sign for the Devil? Does the Devil get it's own bathroom? Is he better than the rest of us? I bet it's because he doesn't aim. At all.  Why is the Devil wearing a skirt?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Maybe the devil is scottish and is wearing a kilt.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_think-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:96e60090-c828-4c51-a97a-94e4063c3556Post:86587184-7e84-486c-b2e2-b206ec6b0a6c">Re: Think about what you say</a>:
    [QUOTE]Like this?
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

Amazing.

• ::swoon::

• edited March 2010
    My favorite part about that whole picture is that it says "hell was never so sweet". Wanna make bets as to how many references to loins and heaving bosoms are in that book?
  • Score! I knew me being the devil would pay off eventually. I get a visit from Salt! Can you pick up some burgers on your way? I'll probably be hungry after the exorcism.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards