Snarky Brides
Options

HOLY SNOW CRAP!

So for pretty much anyone on the East Coast, how are you liking the snow? I mean, I wanted snow but NOT like this. We're expected to have about 1.5 ft by tomorrow afternoon. In the last hour we've gotten about 2" of snow!

I'm assuming this is hitting Nates, Jen, KW, Beatles, Blue and possibly even cew down there in the Carolinas. And many more.

So here's the official East Coast Snowgate 2010 thread Poll:

About how much snow have you gotten?

Will you be making any snowmen/snow angels?

Five SB'ers you want to live in an igloo with?

Knottie you want to hit in the face with a snowball?

What will you do if the power goes out?

Do you have plans to go out anyway? If not, what will you be doing tonight?

Re: HOLY SNOW CRAP!

• Options
    About how much snow have you gotten?  by my count, about 8 feet in the last 3 minutes.

Will you be making any snowmen/snow angels?  I have already made 20.  Of each.

Five SB'ers you want to live in an igloo with?  What's an igloo?

Knottie you want to hit in the face with a snowball?  Nates.  I hate that beeotch.

What will you do if the power goes out?  Make out with Nates.

Do you have plans to go out anyway? If not, what will you be doing tonight?  I will be going out to get some ice cream.  And then I'm going to stand outside and eat it.  Because I'm a hard ass like that.
  • Options
    About how much snow have you gotten? None :( It's been flurrying all day but melting when it hits the ground. We're classified in the "less than 1 inch" group as of last hour

Will you be making any snowmen/snow angels? Only if I make them out of styrofoam

Five SB'ers you want to live in an igloo with? Jas, Sesh, Nates, Amber, and Anna. (and Any, and Nebb, and...)

Knottie you want to hit in the face with a snowball? Well now that's just mean! I would stick it down the back of Any's shirt :)

What will you do if the power goes out? Use the SUPER DUPER BRIGHT lantern my grandparents gave Scott as a Christmas present. I will also be supremely pissed because all of our power lines are underground.

I did a lot of things today so I'm just sleeping/bumming around tonight. H has to do an overnight shift tomorrow so same deal.

Oh, and making fun of Tom Brady. Man needs a haircut and a shave, badly.
  • Options
    I haven't gone out since about 12:30 or 1, so IDK, but I'm assuming I have about as much as you do.

I'm planning on taking the dog out in a little. He likes playing in it.

I can't pick five.  Unless I pick the five closest to me?  In that case, LTZ, JenGIn, Aprove, M&M, and then a tie between KatieW and Blue/Boston girls. I think Cranberry is from NYC, too.

I want to hit someone in the face, but it's not a Knottie.  Although she's newly engaged, so she might be one.

Probably cry.

No way.  After totaling my car, I hibernate during storms.  I'll just be hanging out, scrapbooking, talking to you guys and FI.
  • Options
    edited December 2010

About how much snow have you gotten? I think about 6 inches...maybe a little more.

Will you be making any snowmen/snow angels? Doubtful. But I would if I had a snowsuit with suspenders and snow boots.

Five SB'ers you want to live in an igloo with? Nates, CCF, AATB, KW, Jen and Nebb...plus Any, Steph, cew, M&M, Kim, Sesh, Anna and so on and so on. I'm building a whole igloo village!

Knottie you want to hit in the face with a snowball? Tamponmarie

What will you do if the power goes out? At first I'll be like, "ooh I get to light a bunch of cool candles!" Then I'll cry, put on 4 layers of clothing and be really sad.

Do you have plans to go out anyway? If not, what will you be doing tonight? Hell to the NO! I went out twice today and that's it. The roads are not good at all.
  • Options
    About 8 inches so far. Tim's out there shoveling right now (for the second time). He'll shovel again in the morning and then one last time when it stops. He says it's easier than shoveling 18 inches all at once.

No :( I don't have any snow appropriate clothing

I would build an igloo compound so I could fit all you biitches in there

Nates, but I would totally do it with love

Surf the net on my Nook, or read

I don't have anywhere to be until Tuesday morning 
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_holy-snow-crap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9974aac9-5c46-4d3c-848d-4332a3cda6c1Post:a6bc3338-05a2-4055-b4a9-f7113b7e41db">Re: HOLY SNOW CRAP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love that KIm threatens me with violence and then making out.  She knows how to show a girl a good time.
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

Is this not how relationships work? My God, I've been doin it wrong all these years!
  • Options
    We got a little sno this morning and I am in MS.!
  • Options
    I live in Canada and we have almost no snow here. I was in another part of Canada yesterday, there was more snow, but still, not much. 
  • Options
    The snowball question keeps making me think of that last episode of The Office where Dwight keeps wailing Jim with snowballs.  The end scene was so creeptastic.

• Options
    Oh, and if we did lose power I would not be a happy camper. I have been seriously neglecting my fish tanks with the pregnancy and I'm not sure they could live without filtration for more than a few hours.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_holy-snow-crap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9974aac9-5c46-4d3c-848d-4332a3cda6c1Post:d0c3ee0e-14e4-44e3-be3a-a143245384fe">Re: HOLY SNOW CRAP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The snowball question keeps making me think of that last episode of The Office where Dwight keeps wailing Jim with snowballs.  The end scene was so creeptastic.

Oh my God, with the snowmen?! It really was creepy. But FI and I were laughing so hard too.
  • Options
    I have a wig for everybody on SB.
  • Options
    It was creepy and amazing and so old school Dwight, with the mind games.  I loved it.  Maybe I'll watch old Office episodes tonight.

Kim, DED.  The Creed wig was clearly the best.
  • Options
    About how much snow have you gotten? NONE!

Will you be making any snowmen/snow angels? Nope

Five SB'ers you want to live in an igloo with? KW, CCF, nates, any, jas, steph and then invite everyone else over for a snowball fight and dinner.

Knottie you want to hit in the face with a snowball? Jas. Because I want to see her get all snow rage-y and go on a snowball-throwing rampage.

What will you do if the power goes out? Cry and complain. A lot.

Do you have plans to go out anyway? If not, what will you be doing tonight?  we got back from my mom's a few hours ago and went over to an eggnog party at one of H's customer's house. I hadn't eaten anything all day and was quite unprepared for the amoutn of alcohol in the eggnog. I rarely, rarely drink so even a beer and a half knocks me out. H made me leave early because I was about to pass out and now he's forcing me to eat leftover mashed potatoes and ham. I'm sleepy.
  • Options
    About how much snow have you gotten? we had at least 5-6 inches when I shoveled around 5pm, another 3 or so as fallen since, it's crazy windy out too. 

Will you be making any snowmen/snow angels? no, but we have taken the puppy out a few times to play in the snow - it's her first snow storm ever. She loves it, she's sticking her face in the snow, hopping aronnd like a bunny and just having a ball, it's cute.

Five SB'ers you want to live in an igloo with? Anna, LTZ, Nates, AATB & Dmiller.

Knottie you want to hit in the face with a snowball? Anyone who likes a good snowball fight. If I realy had it out for someone it would be a slushy ice ball.

What will you do if the power goes out? Cry? Light some candles, cuddle on the couch with FI.

Do you have plans to go out anyway? If not, what will you be doing tonight? I went to my parents earlier to get my car, I left it there last night, the roads were already getting kind of gross so I'm in for the night. Going to make dinner, play Wii maybe and just relax with FI.

Stay warm ladies!

Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_holy-snow-crap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9974aac9-5c46-4d3c-848d-4332a3cda6c1Post:e3f65e1b-bac9-443c-8f7e-8090c2359e5e">Re: HOLY SNOW CRAP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]About how much snow have you gotten? NONE! Will you be making any snowmen/snow angels? Nope Five SB'ers you want to live in an igloo with? KW, CCF, nates, any, jas, steph and then invite everyone else over for a snowball fight and dinner. Knottie you want to hit in the face with a snowball? Jas. Because I want to see her get all snow rage-y and go on a snowball-throwing rampage. What will you do if the power goes out? Cry and complain. A lot. Do you have plans to go out anyway? If not, what will you be doing tonight?   we got back from my mom's a few hours ago and went over to an eggnog party at one of H's customer's house. <strong>I hadn't eaten anything all day and was quite unprepared for the amoutn of alcohol in the eggnog. I rarely, rarely drink so even a beer and a half knocks me out. H made me leave early because I was about to pass out and now he's forcing me to eat leftover mashed potatoes and ham. I'm sleepy.</strong>
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Sesh, you are just the cutest. I'm cracking up.
  • Options

About how much snow have you gotten? about 5 inches

Will you be making any snowmen/snow angels? Not me, but Sasha has been rolling around in it...she LOVES the snow!

Five SB'ers you want to live in an igloo with? hmm...good question. Got to get to know some of you a little before moving in. It's a big commitment you know??

Knottie you want to hit in the face with a snowball? That Futuremrstay chick for shitsandgiggles!

What will you do if the power goes out? Make a baby to keep warm...well try anyway (sorry for the TMI)

Do you have plans to go out anyway? If not, what will you be doing tonight? Not really. Just watching movies and snuggling with DH an the pups!
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh! KCullen! I knew I had more tri-state bitches up in here.

Sesh, I agree with LTZ.  You are too cute.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_holy-snow-crap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9974aac9-5c46-4d3c-848d-4332a3cda6c1Post:18b7e418-5cd2-49ee-916c-99117d3c4777">Re: HOLY SNOW CRAP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOLY SNOW CRAP! : Sesh, you are just the cutest. I'm cracking up.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

Seriously she put like 2 cups of liquor in the eggnog and stupid me just knocked it back first sip without smeling it first. Took everything I had not to gag. And the only thing they had to drink besides that was beer. I could have had water but eh, water is boring. I think I had 2 beers and some crackers so H said it was time to go. I may or may not have tripped standin up from the couch.

Now we're watching The Expendables and spending time with Whisky. I think the trip traumatized him because my mom's cat, Falki, attacked him. He has a big scratch down his nose. Poor guy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_holy-snow-crap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9974aac9-5c46-4d3c-848d-4332a3cda6c1Post:421e0646-a352-4da0-a6d8-3f92067a2786">Re: HOLY SNOW CRAP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]About how much snow have you gotten? about 5 inches Will you be making any snowmen/snow angels? Not me, but Sasha has been rolling around in it...she LOVES the snow! Five SB'ers you want to live in an igloo with? hmm...good question. Got to get to know some of you a little before moving in. It's a big commitment you know?? Knottie you want to hit in the face with a snowball? That Futuremrstay chick for shitsandgiggles! <strong>What will you do if the power goes out? Make a baby to keep warm...well try anyway (sorry for the TMI)</strong> Do you have plans to go out anyway? If not, what will you be doing tonight? Not really. Just watching movies and snuggling with DH an the pups!
    Posted by Denise91980[/QUOTE]

Haha, not TMI. There's a bunch of pregnant girls up in here so we're accustomed to it. Not a bad idea, haha.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_holy-snow-crap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9974aac9-5c46-4d3c-848d-4332a3cda6c1Post:ffb44ac9-455f-4c1e-ba1c-2407a7c7b797">Re: HOLY SNOW CRAP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HOLY SNOW CRAP! : Haha, not TMI. There's a bunch of pregnant girls up in here so we're accustomed to it. Not a bad idea, haha.
    Posted by LessThanZero[/QUOTE]

I think after what I've put these poor ladies through very few people qualify for TMI status lol.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_holy-snow-crap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9974aac9-5c46-4d3c-848d-4332a3cda6c1Post:5362901e-cd61-4d00-82d5-81ac350dd340">Re: HOLY SNOW CRAP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh! KCullen! I knew I had more tri-state bitches up in here. Sesh, I agree with LTZ.  You are too cute.

Word, we're all in this together. Supposedy it's not stopping until late tomorrow morning or tomorrow afternoon. Hope everyone has their blizzard staples: bread, milk, eggs, water and booze (in reverse order of importance of course).

Photobucket
  • Options
    I drank for the first time at my bachelorette last weekend.  Half a drink and the whole room was spinning, it was the weirdest feeling ever.
  • Options
    So I took the dog out and his shock was just priceless.  The wind is pretty intense, so there was a huge snow drift in front of our front door.  I pulled the dog through and he immediately sank into the snow--it's easily as deep as he is tall.

Here are some crappy phone pics:

In the snow path I cleared for him, wearing his little cam coat.

Here he is, pushing open the door.  He did not want to be outside at all.
  • Options
    awww  Nates he's so cute. Poor little guy could get lost in all this snow!

Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks! 

I know! I can't believe how much there is and it's going to continue all night.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_holy-snow-crap?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9974aac9-5c46-4d3c-848d-4332a3cda6c1Post:db4c2bb4-6a74-42be-92df-683b3b2ba59f">Re: HOLY SNOW CRAP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]About how much snow have you gotten? <strong>None :(</strong> It's been flurrying all day but melting when it hits the ground. We're classified in the "less than 1 inch" group as of last hour

Us too. We're just south of Waldorf and have about an inch even though it's been snowing since yesterday afternoon. Grass is still poking through.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not much - but considering I'm in south Ga, I'm excited for the maybe 2" we have gotten today

We tried to make snow angels, but not enough snow :(

I don't want to live in an igloo.

Nobody.

Probably go to bed since I have a headache.

Nope. FI just left to go pick up dinner. We're gonna eat, finish laundry, and play the Wii.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    About how much snow have you gotten?  We've gotten probably 12-14 inches

If I don't have to work tomorrow, YES!

Five SB'ers you want to live in an igloo with?  Any, KW, LTZ, AATB, Celles

Can we all have a big SB snowball fight?

Light candles, play battleship, let the 4 dogs in sleep bed with us for warmth

Do you have plans to go out anyway?
    We were going to go shopping today, but we had 4 inches of snow when we woke up this morning.

If not, what will you be doing tonight? knotting, watching tv, playing Lego HP

• Options
    I just wanted to add that we now have a foot of snow. This is crazy, considering a couple hours ago we had about 6-7 inches.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards