Snarky Brides
Options

Occupy me please

They just turned on the tornado sirens and I'm a little freaked out. My internet and electricity are still on so that's a good sign.

Eeeeeeeek

Re: Occupy me please

• Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    Yikes! Stay safe over there. 
  • Options
    Thanks! Not sure if I should get in my tub or not lol
  • Options
    Ok no!

I'll try and occupy you. Are you a chef?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Yep! I'm Exec Chef for a catering company

Cute dog :)

• Options
    Yikes! Where in NC are you?
  • Options
    Thank you! I bet you have great recipes.
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm in western NC. I live on top of a mountain, I didn't think tornadoes came this high up haha

Yep, I have some pretty good recipes if you ever need any!
  • Options
    Recommend some new music for me?
  • Options
    Maybe you are just hearing the echo of the sirens!
  • Options
    Oh gosh.. I suck at music. I've been listening to the same stuff since highschool. I don't really like country but I've been listening to Luke Bryan lately, he's pretty awesome.
  • Options
    I wish it were an echo!

I live right next to a university so I'm sure all the students are freaking out. I've seen a few FB posts that said they are all hoarded in the bathrooms, talk about miserable.
  • Options
    Asheville ish area?

I don't know who that is haha Country?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_occupy-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e8d728c-c09a-45d1-9c21-7a4881f6cb96Post:80b2d470-08f9-460f-92e6-e00dbd3227c5">Re: Occupy me please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh gosh.. I suck at music. I've been listening to the same stuff since highschool. I don't really like country but I've been listening to Luke Bryan lately, he's pretty awesome.
    Posted by SD3194[/QUOTE]

Same here, I rarely branch out. We had an awesome radio station that I loved and heard new bands on but it went away a couple years ago and now I dont remember any of the bands names.
  • Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    What's your favorite thing to cook? 
  • Options
    I'm about an hour west of Asheville a little bit higher up in the mountains.

Yea, Luke Bryan is country. I usually despise country but for some reason I really like his music.

I'm not big into the royal wedding but I took a look at their song list which is actually pretty cool. I downloaded a few of the songs.
  • Options
    hmmm...I don't really have a favorite thing to cook but I'm big into seasonal and local food. The catering company I work for serves mostly local food so sometimes it's challenging writing menus. I've in charge of a sustainable living type organization here that helps farmers keep on keepin on.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_occupy-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e8d728c-c09a-45d1-9c21-7a4881f6cb96Post:d42d3312-c8d4-4d87-a4e8-9b8eec01eef0">Re: Occupy me please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Occupy me please : Same here, I rarely branch out. We had an awesome radio station that I loved and heard new bands on but it went away a couple years ago and now I dont remember any of the bands names.
    Posted by crose29[/QUOTE]

I listen to mostly 90's alternative and old school hip hop. My friends always give me a hard time about being stuck in 1996 lol.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_occupy-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e8d728c-c09a-45d1-9c21-7a4881f6cb96Post:e102b62b-6b94-40cb-bc05-cee8a683bd4b">Re: Occupy me please</a>:
    [QUOTE]hmmm...I don't really have a favorite thing to cook but I'm big into seasonal and local food. The catering company I work for serves mostly local food so sometimes it's challenging writing menus. I've in charge of a sustainable living type organization here that helps farmers keep on keepin on.
    Posted by SD3194[/QUOTE]

Thats awesome! I love supporting local farmers. I interned at the MN beef council and it was very interesting meeting with other local councils like the corn, pork, dairy etc.
  • Options
    Hahaha I like a broad range of stuff but mostly indie/ punk/ alternative stuff
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_occupy-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e8d728c-c09a-45d1-9c21-7a4881f6cb96Post:17d63dee-c20c-495f-9022-3547eda54125">Re: Occupy me please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Occupy me please : Thats awesome! I love supporting local farmers. I interned at the MN beef council and it was very interesting meeting with other local councils like the corn, pork, dairy etc.
    Posted by crose29[/QUOTE]

That's so cool! In culinary school we took a trip to a large chicken plant and also a large soybean plant...it was disturbing to say the least. Eating local is actually pretty simple, it just takes a little research to find decent farmer's markets in the area
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_occupy-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e8d728c-c09a-45d1-9c21-7a4881f6cb96Post:89aa3205-33d0-45bc-8409-cc6b46665da8">Re: Occupy me please</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hahaha I like a broad range of stuff but mostly indie/ punk/ alternative stuff
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

My friend is getting married at a huge concert venue in Asheville and they're having Kovacs and the Polar Bears play the reception. They're indie and pretty awesome, you should check them out.
  • Options
    Will do, thanks! My friend got married at Ager Farms last summer, it was pretty!
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I've catered for that place before. Maybe I cooked your dinner :)
  • Options
    Maybe! July 17, 2010?
  • Options
    I couldn't tell ya. We catered around 300 weddings or something ridiculous last season. They all start to run together after awhile.
  • Options
    Actually. Stupid me. I just realized...it was a potluck weddinghaha
  • Options
    Uh oh, the dreaded potluck wedding.

We actually had a bride come in a few weeks ago the morning of her wedding freaking out because everyone brought the same dish to the potluck. We charged her double for the food since it was so last minute. She had like ten bowls of pasta salad and three crockpots of meatballs haha. Poor planning on her part.
  • Options
    Ha! That sucks. Yea, I wasnot a huge fan... They did provide the main course but yea.
  • Options
    I've been to one potluck wedding and it wasn't bad but I was definitely annoyed that I had to wake up early and make food. Plus, I think because I'm a chef people expect me to bring some crazy dish and are a little disappointed when I show up with macaroni salad.
  • Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    I have never been to a potluck wedding but I typically enjoy potluck dinners. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards