Snarky Brides

Occupy me please

2»

Re: Occupy me please

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_occupy-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e8d728c-c09a-45d1-9c21-7a4881f6cb96Post:d035a0d1-b529-4408-9fd0-23eb77a7cd4e">Re: Occupy me please</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have never been to a potluck wedding but I typically enjoy potluck dinners. 
    Posted by reils[/QUOTE]

i'm not a huge fan of any potluck event unless I know exactly where the food came from. Some people are surprisingly dense when it comes to food safety and it's really easy to make people sick. I have a cousin whose kitchen is DISGUSTING. There's cat hair all over the place and moldy food in the fridge but you would never expect it just looking at her because she looks like a clean lady. It just grosses me out thinking about her cooking something in that kitchen that someone could eat at a potluck.
  • I am  a super freak about food safety its almost embarrasing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • reilsreils member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_occupy-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e8d728c-c09a-45d1-9c21-7a4881f6cb96Post:bcda2f37-f0f1-4409-a187-0cc412c15c20">Re: Occupy me please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Occupy me please : i'm not a huge fan of any potluck event unless I know exactly where the food came from. Some people are surprisingly dense when it comes to food safety and it's really easy to make people sick. I have a cousin whose kitchen is DISGUSTING. There's cat hair all over the place and moldy food in the fridge but you would never expect it just looking at her because she looks like a clean lady. It just grosses me out thinking about her cooking something in that kitchen that someone could eat at a potluck.
    Posted by SD3194[/QUOTE]

<div>Ew, that is disgusting. I am from a really really small town so any potluck that I have ever been to I have pretty much known where it has come from so I have never thought about it that way. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_occupy-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e8d728c-c09a-45d1-9c21-7a4881f6cb96Post:89363fb6-be86-452c-9cba-93ea5e182137">Re: Occupy me please</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Occupy me please : Ew, that is disgusting. I am from a really really small town so any potluck that I have ever been to I have pretty much known where it has come from so I have never thought about it that way. 
    Posted by reils[/QUOTE]

That's good. Me and my chef buddies have potlucks sometimes and I think nothing of it just because I know they're aren't disgusting people haha.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_occupy-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9e8d728c-c09a-45d1-9c21-7a4881f6cb96Post:dc87bbdd-bec4-4455-8024-91e769c78eb1">Re: Occupy me please</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am  a super freak about food safety its almost embarrasing
    Posted by crose29[/QUOTE]

That's a good thing! Growing up my mom would always thaw the Thanksgiving turkey OVERNIGHT in the sink. I didn't think anything of it at the time but now that I know better I'm suprised she didn't make us all sick.
  • I know its a good thing but im super paranoid in the kitchen and it starts to piss people off.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Eh, I wouldn't worry if it pisses people off. I've worked in kitchens for the past ten years and some of the things I've seen were absolutely awful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards