Snarky Brides
Options

So who's around?

How is everyone? Did you get what you want?

I'm just hanging out, obsessing over the weather reports because I'm afraid FI won't be able to fly home tomorrow.Undecided

Any good stories from the holiday?

Re: So who's around?

• Options
    Hi. I'm done everything for the night. Heading to the gym tomorrow. I got what I wanted: new headset, new blow dryer, and monies. Nothing terribly exciting to report, other than I cannot stand my step-sister's boyfriend. Holy loud mouth, obnoxious, backwoods doorknob. What is she dooooooing? My mom despises him too.
  • Options
    I got a camera like I wanted.  H called our photographer and asked what was the best professional level camera for someone who doesnt know much about cameras.  Im confused since it doesnt have the lens that you turn and I was expecting that, but it looks pretty fancy and I cant wait to try it out!

I also got the books I wanted.  "Dirty Sexy Politics" by Megan McCain and "Decision Points" by George Bush.

Good story of the day:  My dad owns a trucking company and one of his drivers has no family and had nowhere to go, so he invited him to our house.  He was so excited and had such a great time.  He stayed the whole time and I sent him home with a huge container of leftovers!
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Blegh, Any, I hate when that happens. How long have they been together?

We got to hang out with my nephew last night--he's getting so big!  He giggles now and it's so adorable. 
  • Options
    Oh!  And we bought my niece the pink escalade thing they sell at Toys R Us, and she was so friggin excited.  She is too young for it right now, but since my sister is due anyday now with baby #2, and Effie was only 4 months old last Xmas, we wanted to make it really special for her. 

I got her the Dance Star Mickey as well.  He does the moonwalk, lol.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Aw, Blue, that's sweet.  Being alone for Christmas sucks, I know.  I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that this storm holds out just one more day and FI can come home.

I got a lot of really nice gifts, so I'm grateful for that, but we did get one weird one.  FI text me earlier with a picture of a grandfather clock.  Apparently, his parents bought us a grandfather clock.  Even though we live in an apartment.  They said they'd keep it for us until we can use it.  That was my WTF gift of the year.
  • Options
    I'm here, we ended up not being able to go to my parents this morning. My family got the flu and have been having a puke party. Nobody's fault but still disapointing nonetheless. This is the third year something has come up and prevented me from going home.

We did have a nice time with FI's family and grandparents, and FI did great with presents this year. Got some funny tee shirts, blu-rays, ear muffs, and my necklace.

Got a casserole dish off my registry and a pie carrier from his parents, and a Burberry perfume set from "the pets". LOL
    Oct '11 Siggy Challenge: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-around-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a13e8a12-3aef-42eb-8e35-3fddfa3b13c1Post:c9d4203a-061a-4eee-9836-3a555ae8b3c7">Re: So who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Blegh, Any, I hate when that happens. How long have they been together? We got to hang out with my nephew last night--he's getting so big!  He giggles now and it's so adorable. 
    Posted by NatesGirl16[/QUOTE]

<div>It's been a bit. I think a year and a half? Maybe two years? She was dating this real nice guy all through college, but I guess him being an American and never seeing each other put a damper on that? I'm not too sure what happened. This guy is hella annoying. I'm just going to hope she gets over it, lol.</div>
  • Options
    Aww, Tonys, that sucks.  At least you had a good time with the in-laws :)

Any, hopefully she'll grow out of it soon. 
  • Options
    Indeed. On the plus side, there was a Big Bang Theory marathon today, and that was freaking awesome.
  • Options
    Yeah, I've just been watching lame movies and eating Chinese.  My Jewish friends joked that I had a Jewish Christmas :P.  It was relaxing, though.
  • Options
    Blue, that is so nice that you guys did that for him!

Unfortunately, FI got sick yesterday and was not able to make it to my family's Christmas and he is still a little sick today.

I did get a lot of nice gifts but I was a little disappointed in what FI got me. I opened one of the packages and just saw plush purple. I thought it was a blanket and was excited, then I saw the crew neck and realized they were pajamas. He said he wanted to get me warm pj's which is weird because I hate being hot and sleep in light cotton things. Then he also got me a huge plush robe. I dont know what his deal with plush is!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Oh, I forgot to add, he did get me a really nice wine cooler and aerator so I cant complain.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imagemy read shelf:
    Christina's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I'm still an e-reader virgin :(  Despite H bringing up e-readers out of the blue last week, it was not what I received.  That's okay; I can still snuggle down with my books.

The catz were kind enough to buy me extra crunchy peanut butter and sesame sticks, so there's that.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hi ladies!

I got awesome stuff this year. Four t-shirts: Ada Lovelace, Mary Shelley, Hello Shroddy! and one that says "I'm the madwoman in the attic." (If you've read Jane Eyre, then it's hilarious...or I'm a dork.)  I also got the game Operation, and a Buffy the Vampire Slayer coffee mug. And a modcloth gift certificate!

H loves his telescope too. Yay!

Funny stories:
    My little brother (7) told my grandparents about a kid at school that hit* him. So little brother punched other kid in the junk. *face palm*.

Yesterday, H's family asked if I was pregnant. It's our annual awkward moment.
  • Options
    I'm here. Got back from my family's celebration around four, and just got done talking to FI's family on Skype. 

We had a pretty good day. We watched "Elf" and "Miracle of 34th Street" last night. We slept in this morning and then went to the party. When e got back we began watching Christmas themed TV shows, like the Christmas episodes from "The Office" and "Psych". Then FI cooked General Tso's chicken with fresh noodles for dinner. Pretty good day.

FI got me a watch, nice warm socks, a pin with my future last name on it. My mom gave me cash to use for the wedding. My aunt gave me a bunch of purple clothes (my favorite color), and another aunt made me cookies, and an uncle made candied pecans. They're delicious!
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Oh, and another uncle (I have a huge family) gave us "The Office" board game! I'm getting ready to play is right now!

FILs sent us the vacuum and sheet set off of the registry. I'm actually really excited to vacuum the rug now!
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Yay! Sounds like everyone had a good Christmas!
  • Options

Nates, did Baxter get anything from Santa?

Our girls got some new antlers to chew on.

• Options
    edited December 2010
    I am here.  We haven't done our exchange with DH's family yet, that is tomorrow but so far Christmas has been awesome...lots of good food (and a very mediocre and disappointing risotto, actually, less than mediocre) and great company. 

DH and I had decided that we weren't doing gifts and then he went out and got me something anyways. He got me a very romantic gift: a set of 5 cheese knives (that I commented liking at Chapters, our Barnes and Noble in Canada) and a map. Yes ladies, a map. I am so pissed that I never got him anything, I just figured he would be super upset if I got him something and he hadn't gotten me something, clearly he wasn't worried about that!

Other than that I got some nice jewelry from my Dad and his wife, some tea and some bath stuff from my brothers and a pair of earrings from my step sister. And my Dad and his wife gave us our honeymoon, which was a wedding/Christmas gift. 

I am tired now and I feel fat from too much food. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-around-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a13e8a12-3aef-42eb-8e35-3fddfa3b13c1Post:6b827484-9ea1-4421-abea-b2f75c3d3729">Re: So who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nates, did Baxter get anything from Santa? Our girls got some new antlers to chew on.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]
    He did get a few new soft chew toys.  We gave him one a couple of weeks ago (mommy gets excited),he got one yesterday and there's still one in his stocking for when Daddy gets home.

Your girls must be happy campers :).
  • Options
    I have to say for being, boarderline pathetic in being really sick ( finally seeing a light at the end of the  sick tunnel) this Christmas was great. My family and Fi's family came over not caring I was sick because they knew I would not go to either side and even ponder getting them sick so they all came to me not caring.

Fi gave me an Ipad, a really pretty David Yurman necklace and a Tory Burch wallet.  My mom and Dad gave us the financial amount they set aside to pay for my wedding, my Dad gave me a challenge though, he said if we keep to our really small wedding Idea he would pay for that a nd we can take the saved money and use it for a housing down payment in the future.Deal! 
    Highlight of the day was watching the Elmo version of Cinderella with my nieces, My 2 yoniece is such a groupie.

Hope you all had a great day!
  • Options
    Good evening my dears.  We just got home from Christmas 3.  We have gotten some great things including a neato back massager and little rare early magnets for H.  He's excited.  
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Options
    AmusingBrideAmusingBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whos-around-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a13e8a12-3aef-42eb-8e35-3fddfa3b13c1Post:ba3312bf-f791-496e-a1e9-ce456ebbdadb">Re: So who's around?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies! I got awesome stuff this year. Four t-shirts: Ada Lovelace, Mary Shelley, Hello Shroddy! and one that says "I'm the madwoman in the attic." (If you've read Jane Eyre, then it's hilarious...or I'm a dork.)  I also got the game Operation, and a Buffy the Vampire Slayer coffee mug. And a modcloth gift certificate! H loves his telescope too. Yay! Funny stories: My little brother (7) told my grandparents about a kid at school that hit* him. So little brother punched other kid in the junk. *face palm*.   Yesterday, <strong>H's family asked if I was pregnant. </strong>It's our annual awkward moment.
    Posted by jasmineh7777[/QUOTE]

lol. My mother asked my sister who just got married in October if she was going to announce a new grandbaby as her Christmas present. Sis just rolled her eyes and walked away.

Edited cus I didn't want to be a postwh*re (is that what they're called?)
    We had 5 christmases between yesterday and today, good times all around. Dave's family is awesome and treat Yasmine just like another grandkid. We all got spoiled, I love them so much and feel like we're family all ready (drama and all!). Had a great Christmas all around. Yasmine got a wii so we've been playing with that since we got home and now everyone is passed out but me.
    Merry Christmas!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards