Snarky Brides

Would It

Be ok if I wore a bright yellow cardigan (spelling?) to a job interview? It's with a whole bunch of fire people, but practically like any other job interview.

Are there color rules you have to follow for an interview? Like a funeral? Halp. I have an interview tomorrow. Thanks.

Re: Would It

• what are you wearing with it? what kind of job?

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy
  • I don't know- I usually play it safe and stick with "serious" colors, nothing too bright or flashy, so I personally wouldn't wear a bright yellow cardigan. Then again, I've almost always worn suits to interviews, so if this is something more casual than what I'm used to, my advice may be worthless.
  • tweed pants, and a black shirt under it. with black high heels. curly hair. It's a firefighting job, but it should be serious.
  • Do you have a jacket you could wear instead?

I wore a bright teal cardigan to my last job interview but it was VERY casual.  I would normally wear a suit.

The nerve!
    House | Blog
  • I agree that if you have a jacket, that would be best. If not wear a cardigan, my concern would be much more about wearing it with black (makes me think of bumblebees).

Book Review Blog

• I wish I did, but I don't.
    My mom says I could wear it, but who knows. It looks cute but I don't know about professional.
  • a cardigan is your best bet then. The tweed pants will bring it up a notch on the professionalism. should be ok.

Book Review Blog

• Hmm thank you. It looks very vintage, which appeals to me but I do not know about the rest of society. I am horrible at picking out normal clothes. I don't think I look like a bumblebee, but that is still funny.
  • Now I picture Tara as a bumble bee with her mask on.  Thanks Mod! Laughing
  • Good luck at the interview! (I hit enter too soon.)

• Thanks! It isn't for a real job, but this is the confusing part. It's to let you know if you are able to be hired, so you take this class and he picks who he would hire. Three people, basically. If you're one of those three, you can go put in for real jobs without any work. Strangest class. But I will be interviewing with potential employers still, so I need to be classy anyway.
  • A belt at your waist over the cardigan might dress it up a little bit more as well.  It's not a look that works for everyone, but I think it looks nice.
    Claire Elisabeth born at 27w1d on 2/20/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards