Snarky Brides
Options

How to cool down Chilli???

sooo.. I threw some chicken chilli in the slow cooker this morning... and its WAY too spicy, even for me and I love spicy food. Is there anything I can add in that would help cool it down????

Now With Pro Pics&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbspOur Wedding Highlights!&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my book shelf:
Steph N's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)

Re: How to cool down Chilli???

• Options
    My H adds ketchup to his to cool it down.

I add cool cheese when I eat it and that does the trick if it's not too spicy.  If it is you could stir in some sour cream.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Ditto sour cream.  And cheese.  Those are just normal chili toppings in our house!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Like the others said, add sour cream.  We make a super spicy chili in my family and always mix in a big scoop of sour cream when we serve it to kids (and my wimpy palate mom)
  • Options
    Yeah, I dunno what's up with the love of spicy sauce.  My mouth likes the taste, but then my lips and tongue overheat and the tingle is really uncomfortable, and then my stomach REALLY doesn't like it.  So it's a no-go.  My boyfriend goes through a huge bottle of hot sauce every couple of weeks, and when I go to Latin America for work I always bring him back a new sauce to try.

Anniversary

• Options
    I made a big crockpot of green chile stew a couple weeks ago that was way too spicy.  I added 1/4 cup of sugar and a can of diced tomatoes.  I didn't want to dilute it into two batches, since it was already 7 quarts and it would take forever to eat 14 quarts.  The sugar definitely took out some of the heat, but changed the flavor slightly.  It was still good, but tasted a little different.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    My body handles spicy food in much the same way.  I like the flavor, but 3 bites in my mouth is on fire and I'm done.  And then the following stomach issues are never fun.
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    My stomach would explode. I do like chili powder, and use a lot more than my mom, but either it's because I buy store brands, milder brands, or keep them longer.

Jalapenos? Oh, heck no. Can't even eat with the fork they're removed from something with.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    I made white chili last night too! Sour cream is great in white chili.

I'm a major weenie when it comes to spicy food. I add sugar/Splenda to my bowl of regular chili. Tongue out
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yogurt, Plain Yogurt helps chill the spices :)

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    I second the potato method.  That's also a good way of soaking up too much salt in a soup or chowder.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards