Snarky Brides

Knot names...

2»

Re: Knot names...

• xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_knot-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27e407f-897d-409e-8989-6ffce978f73bPost:fd6def57-8663-444a-a358-8380357b6cc5">Re: Knot names...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and I would like to add that this board seems way less insane with two awesome mods now. Now when I come over here, I know there will be some normal thrown in somewhere.
    Posted by laurenclaire1386[/QUOTE]

Hooray! Thanks, Lauren. If anyone gets out of line, I'll just show them my ox box, that'll learn 'em.
  • Confession: I am SO into hamsters and that guy actually pressed charges :(
  • I'm SOOOOOO creative, I can't stand it. First name, YOB. Yeah, 42. That's me.

Cew, just so you know, for the longest time, I thought you just had a creative spelling of "Sue" and that's what I called you in my head.

Sexy Sadie also makes me think of good ol' Charlie and those lovely ladies. ack.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Sadie finally died last year.  I think Sharon's sister can finally get a good night's sleep for the first time in 40 years
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At the time, I thought I was creating a "witty twist" on my maiden name:Megan Kate, and then Oz referring to my old last name, but it's been brought to my attention most people read it as "MegK 8ounces". Name fail.

I've debated changing it a few times, especially once I realized I'd be coming around post-name change ... but I'm lazy, and don't really feel like re-introducing myself on my regular boards.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_knot-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27e407f-897d-409e-8989-6ffce978f73bPost:4eeebd8c-62d1-4575-b3a9-c61d2160da87">Re: Knot names...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sadie, I get Sexy Sadie in my head every time you post! 
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

I think I love you.
    <em>
    What have you done? You made a fool of everyone... </em>:)

Edit: I'm totally referring to the Beatles song about the Maharishi, NOT the homicidal Charles Manson minion. He had a Beatles obsession though, so I bet her name is derived from that song anyway. Ugh.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_knot-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27e407f-897d-409e-8989-6ffce978f73bPost:e1fce311-0a39-4ca8-92dd-f542d6c9ae1d">Re: Knot names...</a>:
    [QUOTE]xoxo, b is how i sign everything.
    Posted by xoxob[/QUOTE]

That reminds me of the end of every gossip girl episode.

xoxo-gossip girl
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    Meg, I totally thought you were MegK 8oz, and I would get that sublime song stuck in my head.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_knot-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27e407f-897d-409e-8989-6ffce978f73bPost:eb6a72f0-bd17-4ab1-99d5-ab52a4ed01ba">Re: Knot names...</a>:
    [QUOTE] Cew, just so you know, for the longest time, I thought you just had a creative spelling of "Sue" and that's what I called you in my head.
    Posted by missy68[/QUOTE]

Ha! That's awesome. I think most people call me Sue in their head. Bec has even called me Sue out loud before. It made me giggle.
  • Beatlesgrl, indeed that is where he got her name.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_knot-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27e407f-897d-409e-8989-6ffce978f73bPost:796acaf9-6a9d-42d8-b7b5-7ecc33cb1df9">Re: Knot names...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knot names... : I think I love you. What have you done? You made a fool of everyone... :)
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

I was named for a Beatles song!  I'd have been an Elizabeth if <em>Michelle</em> hadn't come on the radio at the precise moment it did.  (It's really funny when I tell people who know me that, and they ask me which one.  Which one?  Seriously?  Okay, if you must know: <em>Hey Jude</em>.  :eyeroll:) 

And I've admired you from afar for a while, both for your wisdom and your excellent taste in music.  How creepy stalkery is that?   ;)
  • edited April 2010
    hahaha.  now i'm humming your song Celle!

Michelle, ma belle sont les mots qui vont tres bien ensemble, tres bien ensemble.....

OH and BTW, if I'm blessed with three boys (or cursed, whichever the case) number three is DEFINITELY going to be named Lennon Morrison
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_knot-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27e407f-897d-409e-8989-6ffce978f73bPost:476cb0cd-1cf9-4b2c-baae-56ba226df61d">Re: Knot names...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lennon Morrison
    Posted by 526SadieSadie[/QUOTE]

Win!
  • Yeah.  As much as I really love the Beatles, I'm more of a John & Yoko collaboration fan.  And The Doors is by far my favorite band.  Before Dan and I got together, if I had found out that Jim Morrison was still alive I would have moved Heaven and Earth to find him and be his groupie. :)

I say my third son will be Lennon Morrison DeLuca because we already have two boys names agreed upon (three girls names, too) LoL  Not that I plan on having six babies but there are lots of twins on his side and a couple sets on mine (his dad had an identical twin) so the genes are definitely there and we're prepared! LoL

• Sadie - Have you read Helter Skelter?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_knot-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27e407f-897d-409e-8989-6ffce978f73bPost:2cc48552-cd4e-47f9-be37-dfaf70b94dfc">Re: Knot names...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knot names... : I was named for a Beatles song!  I'd have been an Elizabeth if Michelle hadn't come on the radio at the precise moment it did.  (It's really funny when I tell people who know me that, and they ask me which one.  Which one?  Seriously?  Okay, if you must know: Hey Jude .  :eyeroll:)  And I've admired you from afar for a while, both for your wisdom and your excellent taste in music.  How creepy stalkery is that?   ;)
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Oops, sorry I missed this! I wasn't running away from your creepy stalking, just eating lunch, promise! ;) Thank you! And I've noticed you lately bringing the smart to some posts that need it over on E. It's refreshing to have new people here.

Soo, I am totally jealous that you were named after a Beatles song. Like Sadie, I'm also planning on some Beatles-related songs for my future kids, if I ever have them. I've wanted to use Julia for a girl, like MrsB is doing, and Bungalow Bill if it's a boy. I'm kidding about the boy, btw! We'll have to see on that.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Cew - several times and I own it.  I'm serial /spree killer obsessed.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_knot-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27e407f-897d-409e-8989-6ffce978f73bPost:eb06fe92-eb20-4acd-90d8-cd2e2f6af4da">Re: Knot names...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cew - several times and I own it.  I'm serial /spree killer obsessed.

That's pretty cool! I'm still trying to make myself read <em>Let Me Take You Down</em>, but anything about John Lennon's murder makes me cry, so I don't think I'd enjoy it or be sympathetic toward that fucker.

• Have you ever been to Strawberry Fields in Central Park?  it's pretty moving.  and every time I walk by the Dakota, I get chills.  I usually give the sidewalk the same little knock I give gravestones of people I love.  Shouldn't have happened.  Mark David Chapman should be worm food, not John.  Poor Julian and Sean didn't deserve to lose thier daddy because that assclown wanted to be famous and read a lousy book too many times!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_knot-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27e407f-897d-409e-8989-6ffce978f73bPost:1d620d00-a025-4a85-b095-7b2cf5095a6e">Re: Knot names...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you ever been to Strawberry Fields in Central Park?  it's pretty moving.  and every time I walk by the Dakota, I get chills.  I usually give the sidewalk the same little knock I give gravestones of people I love.  Shouldn't have happened.  Mark David Chapman should be worm food, not John.  Poor Julian and Sean didn't deserve to lose thier daddy because that assclown wanted to be famous and read a lousy book too many times!!

Totally agree with this. And The Catcher in the Rye used to be one of my favorite books, but I kind of wish it was never written.

I have been to Strawberry Fields and the Dakota in NYC. I cried in both places. It's funny, every one of my friends who has gone there has brought me back something from Strawberry Fields without me even asking, like a pebble or flower from a bush, or a postcard or shirt. I think I must be pretty out there with my Beatles love. ;) I think that's really sweet about the knock! And definitely good vibes, which never hurt. I didn't spend too much time near the Dakota, because I kept imagining John staggering up the courtyard after he was shot. It was like being near the murder scene of someone I knew, and made me sick to my stomach.

• Have you seen Chapter 27? Jared Leto plays Chapman...so creepy.  Lindsay Lohan is in it too, slightly creepier.  The first time I went to Straberry Fields it was night time and people were having a totally impromtu sing along by candlelight.  Actually, that was the first time Dan and I went to NYC and we when went back to the city last time, he proposed. :)

I just noticed that you're from Boston, I'm in RI, we should get together, have coffee and talk music :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_knot-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a27e407f-897d-409e-8989-6ffce978f73bPost:82317a0d-0df6-49d5-bf44-26539e4abffb">Re: Knot names...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lauren, I like your new pictures. Is it recent? Seshat, I really like your sig too! And I'm so sorry about your kitty. :(
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it's my favorite so far. But my dad is holding like 800 pictures hostage until this weekend so that might change once I see the rest.

As for the kitty, his name was Jasper. I loved that little guy so much and I still miss him, some 10 years later. But I try to think of it this way, because he disappeared I got Whisky, an abused cat from a terrible home who desperately needed to be saved. He started out terrified of all people and shaking whenever someone looked at him, now he's the happiest cat in the world. So, I guess it worked out in some weird, if not sad, way.
  • I used to be obsessed with Chicken McNuggets.  And Noodle used to joke about me having nuggets on my brain all the time.  Which got shortened to NuggetBrain.  And so that's what I use for all my screen names.  Because I'm also not very creative.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• My ring is from Tiffany & Co. I don't really have any wedding related details to date, minus the groom so I went with it. I've already gotten some flack for it, but whatevs... No regrets. I openly admit I love the Blue Box. 

My guy made me promise I wouldn't use any of our names for my screen name. I probably won't post any pictures of us, since he really feels uncomfortable with the idea. 
    "I liked it, so I put a ring on it" - future Mr. Box
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards