Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

One Year Anniversary Coming up...

I want to do something special for Steve since it's our one year.  But yesterday when I brought up getting a hotel room for a night, Steve shot me down and said we need to save money for a house and that the house will be our anniversary present to ourselves.   The thing is, I still want to do SOMETHING.  You know what I mean?  I just don't know what...Got any ideas?

Re: One Year Anniversary Coming up...

• Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about a nice meal out?  The Mansion has a deal going on right now where a 3-course lunch is $29 (Mon-Sat): http://www.pegasusnews.com/shopping/deals/2900-lunch-special-mansion/
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is there a date you two had that sticks out in your mind?  You could recreate that.  Check out DFWhalfoff.com- they have gift certificates for nice restaurants in the area.  The best part?  Steve should appreciate you trying to save money while having fun :)
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the half off promotion.  I got a $50 gift certificate to The Melting Pot for $25. 
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, are you guys into arts?  The Nasher Sculpture Center and Dallas Museum of Art both have one night a month when they're open late, there's live music, and admission is discounted.  Makes for a fun date night.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It should be cooler by the end of September (maybe??) could you do a nice picnic with Steve and Anna?  Maybe even one around dusk with candles and stuff???
  • Options
    appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not the most inexpensive route but the drive in movie in Granbury is a really great and fun experience! You could even see how much it cost to rent a room at a bed and breakfast or a small place ya know?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    On Fridays you can go to the Glass Cactus at the Gaylord with no cover charge if you go before 8pm. They also have half price drinks, and the fireworks show starts at 9.My parents went a few weeks ago and had a blast
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mariah, tell Steve he needs to take you for a nice weekend get away for your anniversary, and if he doesn't, Shanda is going to beat him up! Hey, I'm not kidding around, I took kickboxing for an entire year.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about pricelining a 4 star hotel ? even a 3 1/2 star could be niced and if you are flexible on whole metroplex on location or farther you could probably get a nice deal. I got the Sheration Frisco for $64 same night I booked recently and I only looked in west plano/frisco area so few options.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, Jess.  Actually, last weekend we used priceline to get a hotel room in Austin.  I liked it, but Steve wasn't all that impressed...especially when he found out we didn't get a complimentary breakfast :)  So while we saved some money staying at a 4 star (without having to pay full price) they still got us on parking and food.  I think he's really opposed to staying in a hotel room.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards