Snarky Brides
Options

Black Friday Shopping

Is anyone going out? Where are the deals you are looking to snag?

I want to get some stuff but I don't know if it's really worth it.
20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Black Friday Shopping

• Options
    That sounds like a good idea. I'll be doing the decorating Sunday when the kid comes home from her dads. If I do go tomorrow, it won't be until later in the morning. I won't be getting up crazy early.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm staying far away from the stores tomorrow.  Waiting on line and being trampled is not worth saving a few bucks to me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I find it amazing that people will hurt other people while trying to save a few bucks. I hope there aren't any injuries tomorrow. It's always so tragic.
  • Options
    If I wanted to go to legit Black Friday I'd have to drive 6 hours in really bad weather. The mall here is having a "black friday" sale but it's pretty much garbage.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's no fun. I have heard the weather is pretty bad in some areas.
  • Options
    I went to Toys R Us with my sister. The line was wrapped all the way around the shopping center. And it's a huge shopping center. We turned around and came right back home.
  • Options
    Wow. Are they opening at mid-night. I would have turned around too. Weren't you looking for a dip n dots machine for the little one
  • Options
    I'm working the sale tomorrow. I work in a used bookstore, but we have over a hundred locations throughout the country, so it's not your average used bookstore. We have a 20% off sale from 7 to 10am, and one of the first 100 people in the door will win a $100 gift card. We won't be as crazy as Target or Toys 'R Us, but we'll be decently busy.

FI and I may go buy a recliner on Sunday when I'm off, though.
    Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    My Aunt works at Kohls, and they open at 3 am.  My sister works at Macy's, and they open at midnight (the only Macy's on the East Coast which is doing this).  I don't envy them tomorrow.  My sister's shift is for 10 hours.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Puppy Love
  • Options
    I'm hitting the midnight sale at my store, and then working the real madness.

Side note: Cew, if you were looking for the dip n dots machine, last time I looked we had some in.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image image
  • Options
    I went drinking last night with my future brother in law, so I'm going to have hangover friday.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_black-friday-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a9f52410-3124-4b11-868f-1cc1a93e31fdPost:12f6b7e5-514d-4d59-9b60-83ca64125932">Re: Black Friday Shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm hitting the midnight sale at my store, and then working the real madness. Side note: Cew, if you were looking for the dip n dots machine, last time I looked we had some in.
    Posted by dandan83[/QUOTE]

Thanks! They actually had some online for the same price they had in the store, but the reviews are horrible. I'm thinking I'll just stick with the blizzard maker. :)
  • Options
    There's no way in hell you'd get me anywhere near a store today. I feel bad for all of the people that have to work today. Who the fvck wants to go to work at 3AM?

I'll do 99% of my Christmas shopping in my PJ's sitting at the computer.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Big news this morning:  One of our local Best Buy stores is without power and has yet to open.  The KMart right next to it is open, but running on generators.  The power company does not know when power will be restored to the complex.  THE HORRORS!!!!!!!
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Jen- when I worked retail (Target), I LOVED working early on Black Friday.  I'm more of a morning person anyway, but I loved starting work at 5:30 (we opened at 6).  I was done with work by 2pm and felt like I had all day.  Plus the holidays are so busy that work just flies by quickly.

Not to mention the crazy people watching.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_black-friday-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a9f52410-3124-4b11-868f-1cc1a93e31fdPost:63b87d44-6d6d-4019-944e-d67849226fb5">Re: Black Friday Shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jen- when I worked retail (Target), I LOVED working early on Black Friday.  I'm more of a morning person anyway, but I loved starting work at 5:30 (we opened at 6).  I was done with work by 2pm and felt like I had all day.  Plus the holidays are so busy that work just flies by quickly. Not to mention the crazy people watching.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]

Really? I would absolutely hate having to get up that early.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Two years ago, our living room TV died 2 days before Thanksgiving. For that one and only time I went out "Black Friday" (when did that term start?-it seems recent to me and stupid since historically, "Black Friday" was the day of the 1929 stock market crash-weird!). We got a 39" flat screen plasma TV that day for $350.00. We did wait in a fairly long line for about an hour, but not as long as you see now since it was 2008 and a lot of people were to scared to buy anything at all no matter what the price.

Might go out later and shop a little depending on craziness factor, not sure 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_black-friday-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a9f52410-3124-4b11-868f-1cc1a93e31fdPost:ea74cf49-577c-4f62-9466-c7518b7982dd">Re: Black Friday Shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE](when did that term start?-it seems recent to me and stupid since historically, "Black Friday" was the day of the 1929 stock market crash-weird!).
    Posted by Lenore2010[/QUOTE]
    I don't know, but I heard on the news this morning  they've decided to call the Saturday after Thanksgiving "Small Business Saturday."  WTF?
    kd.joseph's wish is my command
    Just call me "Brothel"
    And betrothed, I'm disgusted with most of the comments that you have posted. I don't think I've ever read such judgmental comments in my life. I'm so lucky that the girls I speak to on theknot are nothing like you...I would've never come on here for ADVICE if I would've encountered a big a bitch as you. I genuinely feel awful for your children or your future children, and I think it would be irresponsible of YOU not to invest in their future therapy sessions starting now. Because trust me when I tell you honey, they're gonna need it. ~jcaruncho2010
    my read shelf:
    Betrothed 123's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I heard that too B. I think it's a way to encourage people to not shop only at the big retailers, of course.  But, we already have Black Friday and Cyber Monday... now Small Business Saturday?!

Oh, Lenore. I had heard this before, but a manager at Target told me the same thing... apparently retail stores typically operate in the negative for most of the year.  The day after Thanksgiving is the big selling day that pushes them into profit for the year, i.e. 'black' in the 'checkbooks.'.... Black Friday.
  • Options
    Well heck.  Then I vote for "Donate to Anna" Sunday.  That'll fill out the weekend nicely.
  • Options
    I am insane.

I was at Wal-Mart at 11:30PM.  I stayed in line to checkout for an hour and a half.
    As we were walking in, snow falling, and every parking spot filled, I was convinced it was a trap.  This is how they were going to catch the crazy people in society and commit them.
    (And I wondered if straight jackets would be warm...)
    There was an assosciate handing out bottles of 5-hour energy.  I told her I loved her.

Then, we went to Aeropostale and Old Navy.  They opened here at midnight, too.

Sbarro pizza at 3AM.

We got in line at Home Depot at 4:15AM, store opened at 5AM.

I got in bed at 6AM, had to be at work at 9AM.

I hate myself right now, but I'm almost done Christmas shopping.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_black-friday-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:a9f52410-3124-4b11-868f-1cc1a93e31fdPost:0f8cc94a-9834-477e-badf-95de0dab82f2">Re: Black Friday Shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm shopping online right now. Practically the same deals without people trying to punch me and stepping on my foot. I'll probably go shopping later and tomorrow.
    Posted by Champagne Supernova[/QUOTE]

Me too. I just bought a book DH wanted for cheaper then 3 days ago, and my son an Ipod for $30 less with free shipping while sitting here at work.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_black-friday-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:a9f52410-3124-4b11-868f-1cc1a93e31fdPost:bd075f88-c954-46ca-b674-6bf199168c84">Re: Black Friday Shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]I heard that too B. I think it's a way to encourage people to not shop only at the big retailers, of course.  But, we already have Black Friday and Cyber Monday... now Small Business Saturday?! <strong>Oh, Lenore. I had heard this before, but a manager at Target told me the same thing... apparently retail stores typically operate in the negative for most of the year.  The day after Thanksgiving is the big selling day that pushes them into profit for the year, i.e. 'black' in the 'checkbooks.'.... Black Friday.
    Posted by Steph0871[/QUOTE]</strong>

<div>Thank you! I am glad to finally have an explanation at least for the term.</div><div>
    </div><div>Oh, and yes B I think "small business Friday" is about as odd as "Cyber Monday". I mean Cyber Monday??? I think it is "back to work Monday" for 94% of us.</div>
  • Options
    Lenore, they call it Cyber Monday, because most people go back to work on Monday and spend the day shopping online.  Although I think that will die down because now people have just as fast of internet connections at home at they do at work.
    Puppy Love
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards