Snarky Brides
Options

lost my patience (long)

So I just want to blow off some steam about my little sister. I am getting married in 2 weeks and she is getting married in 6 months. My mom is so sweet and has helped me pay and buy things for my wedding. Then just out of the blue my sister is suddenly engaged and demanding my mom to pay for things like her venue and dress. I just dont understand how she thinks she is so entitled. She keeps telling my mom how I am her favorite and she cant believe she would favor one child over the other. But I never asked my mom for help, she offered. we went into this engagement thinking that we were going to have to pay for everything, and we were ok with that.
Its just frustrating that she feels the need to out do me, and is fighting with my mom all the time trying to get her way. (my mom of course is going to help with her wedding but my sister asks for the most extravagant stuff that my mom cant afford, but my sister wont compromise. she has a my way or the highway attitude) I sat down and talked with her. I tried to explain that Alex and I have paid for most of this wedding ourselves and that we would try to help her by giving her our decorations afterwards, but she wasnt having it.
I have just lost my patience with her. She goes out and buys all of these nice clothes and jewelry and i just want to scream at her! She could be saving that for her wedding. and to top it off her soon to be husband quit his summer sales job because he couldnt be away from her and she works at little ceasars pizza...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: lost my patience (long)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lost-patience-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:aa562a85-b90c-4733-adf3-8d924919b306Post:b79c33ff-f60f-4afe-97d9-adf56bd0ab32">Re: lost my patience (long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Train, meet wreck.
    Posted by ZombieNates[/QUOTE]

For some reason, I don't think they are pleased to meet each other.
    panther
  • Options
    It sounds like this is a problem more between your mom and sister, and I would try to stay out of it.  Same with her spending habits.  It may seem silly to you, but everyone has their own priorities, and fussing over hers won't help your relationship or your personal sanity. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Wrkn925Wrkn925 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    I would try to talk to her as little about the wedding as possible.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Ya, I would definitely stay out of this (like way out). It's only going to upset you.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I get your sister wanting to be treated equally (ie, if your mom bought you a $500 dress, she should buy your sister a $500 dress - not that she should demand or even 'expect' she should, but as a parent, I'd think that'd be the fair thing to do for your daughters).  Sounds like she's demanding that your mother spend more on her than she did on you though, which is really immature.

I would just try to avoid talking wedding stuff and leave this up to her and your mom.  If your mom feels she's out of line, she should be the one to tell her.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I guess I don't really see how this affects you, other than not wanting your mom to be upset. In that case, your mom is an adult and should be able to handle your sister on her own.
  • Options
    I have decided to stay out of it. way way way out of it. I just tried to help my mom out by talking to my sister once. but when she complains about her wedding and how she isnt getting nice things or cant afford stuff, it peeves me, but now I will stay silent.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Stop talking money with your sister. That's just good life advice. Let your mom handle her issues with your sister, as they are none of your budiness. YOu are all adults here, presumably. Handle up on yo' own and keep your nose out of other people's pockets. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_lost-patience-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:aa562a85-b90c-4733-adf3-8d924919b306Post:e6e16b7b-f947-4670-9c9f-01362371d2ef">Re: lost my patience (long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I get your sister wanting to be treated equally (ie, if your mom bought you a $500 dress, she should buy your sister a $500 dress - not that she should demand or even 'expect' she should, but as a parent, I'd think that'd be the fair thing to do for your daughters).  Sounds like she's demanding that your mother spend more on her than she did on you though, which is really immature. I would just try to avoid talking wedding stuff and leave this up to her and your mom.  If your mom feels she's out of line, she should be the one to tell her.
    Posted by jemmini6[/QUOTE]

This!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I know exactly how you feel. My FSIL is the same way. She and her husband think that they are entitled to stay at her parents house literally 45/52 weekends out of the year. They don't even live that far away (probably 20-30 miles, not like, from another state). They leave their two dogs at her parents house while they go do whatever they come to do. They also spend money in all the wrong places and then complain constantly about not having enough money. I find that the best way to deal with stupid people like these is to just ignore/completely avoid them. Then again, I'm the type to say something to them about how stupid they are and then I'm the bad guy, so whatever. Avoidance works for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards