Snarky Brides

Ewww bug!

We recently moved and now have an entry way and garage (with washer and dryer) downstairs. I keep our house very clean, and don't leave food laying out or have any clutter. However, our front door which is near a rocky wash does not seal very well. We had them come out to fix it and it's still pretty loose. We've been concerned about this because we're in an area known for scorpions.
 Anyways, today I run downstairs to get a load of laundry out from the garage and saw a small (little smaller than my pinky nail) bug that looked like a roach. I do not do roaches. They are my biggest fear and give me nightmares. I always have said if I ever see one in my house I'm checking into a hotel and calling an exterminator. Well, tomorrow I will call an exterminator but in the mean time I want to get some spray you can get at homedepot or wherever. Any good recs on this? Or, do they make stuff to help seal the doors? Stuff I could do on my own?

Re: Ewww bug!

• It is centered.  It's centered in the middle of the post box, not under the text area.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Stupid TK. Whenever it looks centered to me everyone else says its not.
  • I can handle most anything else bug-wise except roaches.  *shudder*  They are really common in Texas where I live but I spray our apartment down twice a year since we can't count on the exterminating services our apartment sometimes feels like providing. We use the Ortho Home Defense Max (you can buy it at Home Depot in the garden section) and it really, really works.  I had one roach before I started doing that and flipped out.  I sprayed it down with an entire can of roach spray and it did.not.die.  I finally put a Ziploc container upside down over it and put my textbooks on top of it.  It took me about three days to get the courage to flick the dead thing out into the breezeway.  

Yep, I act like a small child sometimes... I know.

But the Home Defense Max stuff is definitely worth it.  We have had almost no bugs of any kind in our apartment since I started using it a few years back.   Other people in our complex have major issues with roaches, but we don't.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks guys! I got some spray the guy at Lowes recommended, its a little safer to use around the pup. I sprayed the hell out of the entry way and garage and doorways. Tonight I'll spray upstairs. I also got some new weather stripping for the door but I think I want them to come "fix" the door again. 
    Jackie- T took care of it, I think flicked it outside. I never want to see it again. I'm failry certain it was a tiny roach though. They can be tiny, right? ughh...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards