Snarky Brides

What are you most proud of today?

I just fixed our toilet all by myself. It wasn't anything big, just installing a new lever and handle, but I'm usually really lazy on my day off. But I was running errands and stopped by the hardware store and thought, 'What the hell?' So I'm feeling pretty awesome.

So what have you done lately that you want to brag about? I want to hear all about it.
Malcolm AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: What are you most proud of today?

• Uhm, the 32 on my ACTs. With that, and if I pull off a 3.7+ GPA my first year, I can apply for scholarships and potentially get all my schooling paid for, so yeah, I'm pretty excited about that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-are-you-most-proud-of-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:acd45191-f4f7-49da-8f23-1eae6c32ab12Post:8172f3ed-e939-4d16-9798-6c51582c4925">Re: What are you most proud of today?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Uhm, <strong>the 32 on my ACT</strong>s. With that, and if I pull off a 3.7+ GPA my first year, I can apply for scholarships and potentially get all my schooling paid for, so yeah, I'm pretty excited about that.
    Posted by Anysunrise[/QUOTE]

<div>Um, yeah, I'd be pretty proud of that, too! Congratulations!</div>
  • School mostly.

*I have a perfect 100% grade in Physical Anthropology.  Actually more thanks to extra credit on an exam.

*I'm owning my Calculus class like I was born to do it and I've always struggled with memorizing formulas, theorems, etc.

*Pretty proud of my weight loss

*I'm excited about my garden plans for this year and think it's going to be glorious. (hopefully not only in my imagination)
  • Because of my increased exercise and calorie tracking over the past 8 weeks, I have lost 4 inches of fat around my midsection.  I only missed 2 weekday workouts during February.

I'm making hats too, Dot - my friend's son is in the NICU, and I've given them 10 little knit hats for the babies this month. 
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • My 4.0 GPA, successfully convincing myself that I can't quit my job yet.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-are-you-most-proud-of-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:acd45191-f4f7-49da-8f23-1eae6c32ab12Post:9ec86f16-cf38-45dc-9771-64b82db1df7d">Re: What are you most proud of today?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are you most proud of today? : I'm sorry to hear he is there.  How is he doing?  What size are you making for the NICU, preemie? 
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

He's doing great; thanks for asking.  He was born 10 weeks early at 2 lb 12 oz.  He's been in NICU for 6 weeks, and he's up to 5 lb 6 oz.  He still needs to work on eating and breathing, but he's made lots of progress.

I'm making preemie size and infant size.  I figure either the NICU, PICU, or regular maternity wards can all use them.  NICU alone has 56 beds.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm proud that I'm *at* work.  Two kidney infections in two months.  I'm just ...done.
  • I've really stepped up the level of intensity in my fitness class I teach, and the girls have told me they're seeing results, and so am I! Plus I've been really committed to eating a lot healthier the last two weeks so I'm stoked about that too.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-are-you-most-proud-of-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:acd45191-f4f7-49da-8f23-1eae6c32ab12Post:97963979-f6e0-42e6-9547-e429180d7e98">Re: What are you most proud of today?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Joy that sounds awful.  I have a friend who got one and she wasn't allowed to get out of bed for a month.
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

My nerves are frayed, my patience is gone, and I just want to sleep without pain.  That would sum up my life quite accurately right now.  I went to a urologist this morning almost in tears saying "Please fix me.  I can't do this again!"  She was lovely.
  • I'm proud that I'm keeping a positive attitude amidst everything.  For me that is a HUGE deal.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-are-you-most-proud-of-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:acd45191-f4f7-49da-8f23-1eae6c32ab12Post:158de6a2-b4d9-4683-82db-a2448bcec10a">Re: What are you most proud of today?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Joy I'm so sorry.  Is your current infection gone or is it lingering?
    Posted by edielaura[/QUOTE]

I think it's gone, but that hasn't been confirmed.  If so, I still have lingering symptoms because my poor bladder has been so abused in two months. 

I've also had kidney stones in the past so it's unclear if my problems stem from stones, infections or both. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-are-you-most-proud-of-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:acd45191-f4f7-49da-8f23-1eae6c32ab12Post:a2f6344b-e543-47be-b874-5af3fff4e263">Re: What are you most proud of today?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm proud that I'm keeping a positive attitude amidst everything.  For me that is a HUGE deal.
    Posted by lbarr088[/QUOTE]

Sometimes that's all you can do.

Huge props to everyone doing well in school! 

I'm proud of the fact that I was able to successfully diagnose a problem with a car that has been to 3 other repair shops in the area and nobody could find out what was wrong.  But I could.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Thank you, Edie!  :-)

EDIT: You're platinum!  Congrats!
  • Anna, congrats on the weight loss.  Seriously, impressive.

I'm proud of myself for attending most of my classes so far this semester.  That's a big deal, for me.  I'm a serial class-skipper.

I'm also proud of making it through this weekend without a major meltdown-- Sunday would've been my one year wedding anniversary.  

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• I got an As on all my exams last week, including the history class where I had the only A.

I just made my first sale on Etsy. (It's not wedding stuff--don't ban me!)

I've been trying to train my dog to quit acting like a maniac every time he thinks I'm going to let him outside. This afternoon, he sat calmly by the door, even after it was open, until I told him to go.
  • Oh Smash, major props to you, you are so freakin amazing.
  • Good job, Smash, with both the class attendance (I'm a skipper, too) and the way you handled the weekend.

Les and Anna, I'm impressed with the weight loss.
  • I am proud of H and I for finally getting back to organizing and decluttering our place.  Wedding planning and wedding took up a lot of our time and stuff around the house got put on the back burner. 

Also, I'm proud of myself for selling an old iphone with a broken face on Craigslist today for $70....mainly being that I was going to throw it out so it's like $70 free!!!
  • edited February 2012
    yay to everyone, sounds like some great stuff happening. :) Mine is really mild. I got back from class today and the HOA didn't get the snow removal people out yet, but the village had already plowed the street. I live at the end of a cul-de-sac at the top of a hill, so they dumped ALL of the streets snow RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY DRIVEWAY. So I had about 4-5ft (no joke) of snow in front of my driveway. I can't park my car near my house because it will either block another's drive way or be in front of a fire hydrant.

I was proud of myself for biting the bullet and putting snow pants on and just shoveling out a spot to get through. It was total hell because it was such heavy snow, but I was proud when I was done.

And now my hands/arms/back are seizing up. ;P
  • Anna, congrats on weight loss. I love your blog by the way, serious motivation for me right there! Also, what are you taking in school? Sounds like a hard class to pass.

Congrats no every one's schooling.

I had to write a report of my job duties dailty, weekly, and monthly tasks. After sending it out I realized how much shiit I really do. I'm amazing and proud of myself.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-are-you-most-proud-of-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:acd45191-f4f7-49da-8f23-1eae6c32ab12Post:f3e6f942-ed52-495e-9363-980bc8f15ce8">Re: What are you most proud of today?</a>:
    [QUOTE]yay to everyone, sounds like some great stuff happening. :) Mine is really mild. I got back from class today and the HOA didn't get the snow removal people out yet, but the village had already plowed the street. I live at the end of a cul-de-sac at the top of a hill, so they dumped ALL of the streets snow RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY DRIVEWAY. So I had about 4-5ft (no joke) of snow in front of my driveway. I can't park my car near my house because it will either block another's drive way or be in front of a fire hydrant. I was proud of myself for biting the bullet and putting snow pants on and just shoveling out a spot to get through. It was total hell because it was such heavy snow, but I was proud when I was done. And now my hands/arms/back are seizing up. ;P
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Well, that wasn't very cool of them. You kind of kicked the snows ass, though! A heating pad for your back and a hot chocolate probably sound pretty good right now, though, huh?

</div>
  • MuSu, that's impressive. I don't even know where my snow shovel is.
  • Today it isn't anything I did, but I'm super proud of my 29yo DD.  She took a huge leap of faith today and put her life on an entirely new path.  I am incredibly proud of her courage and I know in the end wonderful things will come out of this.
  • It was not easy! I mean, usually people use snow blowers for that shiit ya know? I could see the little old lady that lives on the other side of me (townhome) looking out the window and I could tell she felt bad for me, lol.

I would've been more pissed if I had come home around 4 or 5 and it was still like that because I am pretty sure I hear the people out there now getting the rest of it. But still, next time I'd like the plow to spread the snow love around and NOT right in front of my driveway.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_what-are-you-most-proud-of-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:acd45191-f4f7-49da-8f23-1eae6c32ab12Post:d4a4c08b-9994-41ed-9b32-3f0e00c19b4c">Re: What are you most proud of today?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anna, congrats on weight loss. I love your blog by the way, serious motivation for me right there! Also, what are you taking in school? Sounds like a hard class to pass.
    Posted by SunriseAmber[/QUOTE]

Thanks! It's pretty therapeutic fo me to write it.

I'm just taking random classes for fun. I have Calculus, Physical Anthropology, Drawing II, Social Problems, and Digital Photo Manipulation.
  • Any, that is an amazing ACT score! Awesome job!

I'm proud that out of hundred of applicants, I made it to one of the 13 first round interviews today.  I think I did okay; it just depends on what they're looking for.  They said they'll let me know by Wed. of next week about second round.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • After two years I am done with fixing my molar! I have major dental anxiety and this tooth has had two root canals, three fillings of the canal two temp crowns and finally we are done. I got my hair cut today and it's theshortest it's ever been and I didn't cry. I cooked dinner three times this week. I haven't gone postal with stress over Hs job bs and life in general.
  • I haven't fallen asleep at my desk.

Also that I haven't called my mortgage people like I have every day for the last week and a half asking when we can close on the second loan.

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Congrats on your weight loss, Anna. That's incredible!

I'm proud that I taught my dog "paw" today. We've been high-fiving all day long.

I'm also proud that I made dinner entirely from in-house ingredients and I didn't need to run out for anything at all. We did fairly well for "no eating out February," with only three nights of cheating this month. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards