Snarky Brides
Options

::Megk::

If you hate me for the turquoise blog, I thought I'd go ahead and further dig my grave by sharing this one. It's drool worthy too.

http://apunchofcolor.blogspot.com/

Re: ::Megk::

• Options
    Do you watch Colorsplash on HGTV, Cew?

Feel free to keep the blogs coming.
  • Options
    No! Is it awesome?
  • Options
    It can be awesome.  Lately it's like they're just recreating the CB2 catalogue, though.  The host cracks me up, he's this huge, muscley guy with tons of tribal tatoos. 

Another show I really like is Sarah's House.  Christian has a huge crush on Sarah.
  • Options
    Will you think less of me if I tell you that I don't know what CB2 means?
  • Options
    You've overlooked my less than stellar reviews of Elf so I'll tell you what it is - the modern version of Crate & Barrel.  http://www.cb2.com/
  • Options
    Cew, no fair!

The next time you post a decorating blog link, you better also be forwarding me a down payment for a house, lady!

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    I know, Meg. It's painful. But I can't help it. I suck. I know.

Holy shiit, Julez. Just when I thought I couldn't love you any more, you introduce me to that awesome site.
  • Options
    Cew, I feel like we share the same design aesthetic.  I love brightly colored rooms.  We'll be renting from FI's dad come August, and I was hoping he would let us paint a room or two a nice color, but he was a no go.  It made me sad.

And please post more blogs. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_megk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ae9b5ee5-3725-41d1-b620-1493b39866d0Post:d49dee1a-e7ff-4583-80ad-44a76cafdd30">Re: ::Megk::</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cew, no fair! <strong>The next time you post a decorating blog link, you better also be forwarding me a down payment for a house, lady!</strong>
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a fantastic idea!
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    I have too many design blogs in my favourites, its upsetting :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_megk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ae9b5ee5-3725-41d1-b620-1493b39866d0Post:5293a969-8c75-46e8-b586-f6e0bd22bf48">Re: ::Megk::</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cew, I feel like we share the same design aesthetic.  I love brightly colored rooms.  We'll be renting from FI's dad come August, and I was hoping he would let us paint a room or two a nice color, but he was a no go.  It made me sad. And please post more blogs. 
    Posted by sarahmk5[/QUOTE]

Boo. I'm sorry you're not able to paint.

Right out of college, I bought this tiny little shithole house and painted every room a different color. My room was pink (of course), the living room was yellow, the dining room was lavender, the bathroom was lime green, the guest room was light blue and the kitchen was white with purple counter tops. It looked like a fun house. I loved it, but it was in a bad part of town, so I had to sell it.

I put it on the market thinking that I'd likely have to paint it all in order for it to sell, but it actually sold within 24 hours as is. I got really lucky.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_megk?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ae9b5ee5-3725-41d1-b620-1493b39866d0Post:b0397032-f749-4d2f-9039-127ceb474ecf">Re: ::Megk::</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ::Megk:: : Boo. I'm sorry you're not able to paint. Right out of college, I bought this tiny little shithole house and painted every room a different color. My room was pink (of course), the living room was yellow, the dining room was lavender, the bathroom was lime green, the guest room was light blue and the kitchen was white with purple counter tops. It looked like a fun house. I loved it, but it was in a bad part of town, so I had to sell it. I put it on the market thinking that I'd likely have to paint it all in order for it to sell, but it actually sold within 24 hours as is. I got really lucky.
    Posted by cew515[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha.  Niiiice.  FI and I would really like to save up to try to buy a house within a year, but we only may be there for 5 years total, so it may not even be worth it.  If he gets into grad school, though, we'll be there for 6-7 years total and will absolutely buy.  I hate the uncertainty.  And white walls.</div>
  • Options
    It sucks. I mean, I can do what I want in the decorating department, as far as painting and furniture go, as long as I'm not like knocking down walls (We own the condo, but obviously, they aren't letting us change the actual building stucture), but I don't have nearly enough space to do the majority of the ideas I fall in love with.

We know that we're going to get a house when we start TTC, because we barely have room for a crib ... but right now, I'm pretty sure DH wouldn't appreciate me getting KU just to get my Candice Olson on, lol.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards