Snarky Brides
Options

Help with Choosing Shoes for My Dress (PIP)

I finally bought shoes for my dress!  But I bought two pairs, and I don't know which to choose.  I know you can't see them under the dress, but I need opinions!  Dress, shoes and poll are below.  What do ya'll think?

ETA:  If you have any veil/hairpiece suggestions that would be great too.  I'm wearing my hair in an updo with a wavy side bang coming down.

Here's the dress:

Lelah Shoe:

Dreamy Shoe:

Re: Help with Choosing Shoes for My Dress (PIP)

• Options
    I vote that you're gorgeous! I've never seen a picture of you before.

Hot damn! SB is full of hotties.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I really like the 1st one...very pretty indeed

• Options
    I think they're both very pretty, but I'm thinking the feathers on the dreamy one would get on my nerves after a while - but maybe I'm wrong.

And I think your dress is gorgeous!
    Photobucket
  • Options

Really beautiful.  Cran- you're HAWT! 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_choosing-shoes-dress-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b07446ac-6c14-44dc-b7a9-868d8a0f6fb4Post:13f3d966-b666-46fe-83d3-4d08fb25eaff">Re: Help with Choosing Shoes for My Dress (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I vote that you're gorgeous! I've never seen a picture of you before. Hot damn! SB is full of hotties.
    Posted by cardmonsta[/QUOTE]

Uhhh YEAH! Holy crapballs! 

Oh, right, the shoes.  I voted on the 1st pair.

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • Options
    Thanks, guys!  I am leaning towards the Lelah but I wasn't sure if it matched the style of the dress.  I've always said I don't want a veil, but I am having second thoughts now.  My hairdresser suggested a birdcage, but I don't know.  What do ya'll think?
  • Options
    I voted for #2.

And holy crap, you are hot!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_choosing-shoes-dress-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b07446ac-6c14-44dc-b7a9-868d8a0f6fb4Post:5d9bba97-b051-482c-8714-6420e0a44f6e">Re: Help with Choosing Shoes for My Dress (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, guys!  I am leaning towards the Lelah but I wasn't sure if it matched the style of the dress.  I've always said I don't want a veil, but I am having second thoughts now.  My hairdresser suggested a birdcage, but I don't know.  What do ya'll think?
    Posted by TheCranberry[/QUOTE]

<div>I say go with a nice hairpiece instead.  I'm trying to imagine the birdcage with that dress and it just doesn't seem to fit.</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_choosing-shoes-dress-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b07446ac-6c14-44dc-b7a9-868d8a0f6fb4Post:5d9bba97-b051-482c-8714-6420e0a44f6e">Re: Help with Choosing Shoes for My Dress (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks, guys!  I am leaning towards the Lelah but I wasn't sure if it matched the style of the dress.  I've always said I don't want a veil, but I am having second thoughts now.  My hairdresser suggested a birdcage, but I don't know.  What do ya'll think?
    Posted by TheCranberry[/QUOTE]

Do you like bird cage veils?  I LOVE the back of your dress so I probably wouldn't have a veil that would cover it up but that's just my opinion.  Not like you're not going to be drop dead gorgeous either way.

Bio
    "You wore a tit dress at an AIDS party??? You need to go to the whore corner with Mara " - Blue
  • Options
    #1! #1! 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    First, I have to concure that you are hot.

Second, I picked the first shoe.  I actually LOVE the second shoe and bought something similar for the RD, but I think the first will look better with your dress.  If your dress was covered in tulle or feathers, I'd think differently.  Does that make sense?  I think the first shoe goes better with your dress. 
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    WhooHoo! Hello Hot stuff!

I love the second pair btw.

What do you visualize? Birdcage, feathers, flowers?
  • Options
    I like bird cage veils, but I'm not sure it matches.  My mom found one of my great-grandma's brooches that would look nice in my hair.  I might do a couple of brooches around the bun.
  • Options
    I loove your dress! I picked #2, I think they're more fun and fit better with the dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lawd but you have a fine ass.  Hawt.

I like the first shoes better.  I think the feathers would just be too much.

I think a brooch in your hair would be loverly.  Perhaps with a feather too?  See, I think feather in the hair, but not on the feet.... weird.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The first is my choice, but narrowly. Also, it's pretty awesome to put a face to you, cause you've always been the giant Kool-Aid guy filled with cranberry juice to me.
  • Options
    I like the first ones, because I think the feathers would irritate me. And I sweat when I'm hot (obviously), so the feathers I think would stick to me.
  • Options
    I love your dress!  I also like both pairs of shoes but think the first pair goes best with your dress.  I would keep your hair accessories fairly simple since the dress has so much detail.
  • Options
    Thanks for the help guys, but you've made it harder!  The first ones have a slight edge.  I guess I'll just try them both on with the dress at my first fitting.  I really want to keep them both, but I don't think I will ever where white shoes again.  Haha.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Wow this is certainly a neck-and-neck poll.  But, that means you can't pick the wrong shoe!  They're both hot.  I picked the Dreamy one.

Btw, I think I've told you this before the last time I saw a pic of you - but you are one smokin' hot betch and I LOVE that dress!  BAM girl!  You are gonna be one sexy bride!

ETA - I think a birdcage veil and a fun feather hairpiece would be bangin.  Then again - I AM partial to birdcage veils and feather hairpieces :)
    panther
  • Options
    I voted for the first one, but I just wanted to say... That dress looks absolutely beautiful on you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards