Snarky Brides
Options

Evening Thread

13»

Re: Evening Thread

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0cafdce-c391-400c-9f73-46e8104be0dbPost:b526d784-13af-4d74-81a4-03bda9c503ea">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Um, nebb? Isn't there another movie you should be watching right now?
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]
    Not now that I found jurassic park! I cant NOT watch it! its fate! Its because you said it was LIKE jurassic park, so jurassic park came on! If anything, I blame you for this.
  • Options
    polichikpolichik member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0cafdce-c391-400c-9f73-46e8104be0dbPost:2cb53510-26c4-4f01-9639-d116c7273f18">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening Thread : I understand.  After Captain and coke #3 on Saturday, I had a fake mustache on and was going up to strangers and wiggling my eyebrows at them.  I was that creepy person, but I had a lot of fun at least.
    Posted by lindseyann410[/QUOTE]

I love this. I'm the kind of person who make friends with strangers and sings karaoke sober, and those traits get even more magnified when drunk. I'm going to a friend's birthday party this weekend, and she's a huge fan of cosmos and SATC-style bars. I'm now inspired to bring a fake mustache, thanks to you.

Nebb, we have some unused wedding gifts, and DH is slowly plotting the demise of a devorative wrought-iron bowl that I registered for. It's the kind of thing that will look great when we have more than one room to cram stuff into.
  • Options
    Mehg, you still here? So this Cystex stuff. Do you still have to go to the doc if you feel one coming on, or can you use that to fend off an infection?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0cafdce-c391-400c-9f73-46e8104be0dbPost:75a9bab3-34b2-4281-81cb-2f3f7e68805b">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening Thread : Not now that I found jurassic park! I cant NOT watch it! its fate! Its because you said it was LIKE jurassic park, so jurassic park came on! If anything, I blame you for this.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

Gah, it is my fault. I Beetlejuice'd Jurassic Park.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0cafdce-c391-400c-9f73-46e8104be0dbPost:3d3f95ca-f185-4668-9152-fffe2fa418e2">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening Thread : It was a GREAT episode, I vote you do this!
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    I am reading until 10 and then I will do this!  I am definitely watching it tonight, dammit.

"Smash's balls are the biggest balls of them all." -AATB

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0cafdce-c391-400c-9f73-46e8104be0dbPost:d4e441ba-238c-4906-9610-816cac7df02c">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evening Thread : Gah, it is my fault. <strong>I Beetlejuice'd Jurassic Park.</strong>
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]
    this makes me lol - jurassic park is so awesome you only have to say it once and it appears.
  • Options
    Hey Sesh... So, this is creepy, but I totally had a dream about you. I believe you were some sort of Greek goddess using your powers for good. I'm sure it was inspired by your sig pic. So, now I've established myself as a Creepy McCreeperson.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0cafdce-c391-400c-9f73-46e8104be0dbPost:1b76cb8b-9d86-48c3-ac27-cd5729a5e3e2">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Sesh... So, this is creepy, but I totally had a dream about you. I believe <strong>you were some sort of Greek goddess using your powers for good.</strong> I'm sure it was inspired by your sig pic. So, now I've established myself as a Creepy McCreeperson.
    Posted by polichik[/QUOTE]
    That sounds like sesh to me!
  • Options
    I would love to be a Greek goddess. Probably Artemis, since she gets to hunt down the bad guys with a bow and arrow. Well, except for the whole swearing off men thing. I do like to appreciate some muscley man bodies.
  • Options
    Athena all the way!

Poli- Do it!  So fun.  Some of the reactions were hilarious and it was hard to keep a straight face.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Like Lindsey, I'm Team Athena all the way.

And Sesh, I think it depends on how soon you catch it. This may get TMI, but here we go: I always notice mine coming on when I first go pee in the morning. This may strike as early as 3am. If it's bad enough to wake me up that early, I know what it is, and I'll take two Cystex with a big ol' glass of cranberry juice. I'd say about 50% of the time, this works. If for some reason I let it go full flown, then Cysex is enough to tide me over till I can get seen by the doc and get some antibiotics, but not enough to completely get rid of it on its own.

ETA: Thinking back on our knottie superlatives a while back, I think I got nominated as Megara right? I'll take that too lol
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    Love Athena :) when I was little and in my princess phase, I wanted to be Aphrodite. I revised that to Athena around the age of 12, thank goodness.
  • Options
    I'm teaching mythology right now, so now a few of my student love my owl necklace now that they know the Athena association.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Y'all can be Athena. I'll stick with Artemis and be goddess of the hunt, mistress of the wild, and get to run around the woods and be associated with the moon and have all my animal friends.

Thanks for the info, mehg. I'm not really sure where I stand now other than sometimes I feel it, sometimes I don't. But it's not bad enough to wake me or anything, so maybe it will go away.
  • Options
    Artemis is pretty awesome.  I have a new-found appreciation for Hermes.  
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Sesh, the first UTI I ever got, I was 18 and I didn't even know what it was and hoped it would go away in time. Three days into it, I was doubled over in bed and peeing blood (not saying this will happen to you, just sharing stories here). Thankfully, my friend drove me to the ER and I was taken care of. I often wonder if my supreme susceptibility to them now was caused by how bad my first one was. This is just my crazy, paranoid, hypochondria talking.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Options
    I don't know WTF my issue is. I just had one. If I still feel it tomorrow then I'll go back to the damn doctor. I think part of my problem is I don't drink enough and I've been trying to work on that, but most days I just kind of forget to drink.
  • Options
    Water works wonders on UTIs.  Chug 4 or 5 bottles and it should help!  UTIs are super annoying though.  I'll get them if I don't drink enough water sometimes.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_evening-thread-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:b0cafdce-c391-400c-9f73-46e8104be0dbPost:468a14bd-cc88-4ae4-9bc4-244f52efd52a">Re: Evening Thread</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm teaching mythology right now, so now a few of my student love my owl necklace now that they know the Athena association.
    Posted by lindseyann410[/QUOTE]

Win!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards